Red Planet AMEE Battery Replica WiP

did you stick to a basic "beer can" size? it would be interesting to "swap parts" and see just how close we both got to each other. :cheers

Mine, I think could fit inside a beer can.... My size is based on the size of my handy pill bottle. Everything's scaled from that. The top cap and end cap parts look pretty big to me, in my hand, but with a glove on, they may look closer. I've still got to trim my bottle down to the correct height. What I'd really like to see is the real prop, and see how close we got to it.

-MJ

Iv'e looked a little bit over the inter web. did not see a hint of the battery. there should be a pic somewhere I would think. but that's just me thinking..not a good thing..lol

yeah I thought mine was huge then I put my snowboarding glove on and tried to take pic's for comp. and felt a lot better bout the size of it lol its a pain holding it up to the tv with one hand and the camera in the other and snapping it clearly. I don't know how many I deleted before I got the ones I posted.

Working on the decal art. Can't read the tiny red text on the side, so I'm going to have to guess. It can't be too long, either...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-02 at 4.07.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-02 at 4.07.16 PM.png
    530 KB · Views: 105
wasn't the power source stated. when they were playing with her on the ship. been so long sense Iv'e watched It. I want to say nuclear ...

From my notes: Power source: “Helium nuclear power cell” — 8 months of power — "the size of a beer can"

It is interesting to note that, although very suggestive, saying 'helium nuclear power cell' does not specify how it works at all.

There are two possibilities: nuclear fusion, or radioactive decay (RTEG).

If you ask me AMEE is too small for a fusion reactor, which would also need a deuterium supply as well as a helium supply. Since no mention is made of this, I opted for option 2:

Radio-isotope Thermal-Electric Generator. Even this theory has problems:

Helium 6 is a radioactive isotope, but it has a half life of 0.8 seconds, so it’s not gonna power anything for 8 months.

I will be opting for the fictional isotope Helium-11 in any of my printed data.

-MJ

Working on the decal art. Can't read the tiny red text on the side, so I'm going to have to guess. It can't be too long, either...

mike, there are 4 lines of red text. hold latch, push door, pull door, aircraft. I had to geuss on the 2 lines of lettering on the right side of the i.d. tag. so I went with a "radiation warning" the little tiny circle is the radiation symbol. ;)

Thanks for the tip.

Here's the final version of my label.

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally, here are my rough blueprints.

If you have a pill bottle 32 mm in diameter, you can make your own AMEE battery just like mine.

Attachments

• AMEE-Label-2.jpg
    AMEE-Label-2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Blueprints.pdf
    65.7 KB · Views: 118
I was just looking around and found out she was total CG. I did not know this...
from what ive read there is a practical amee. she is in the movie very very shortly. 2 times at the beginning and at the self destruct explosion. and apparently the "original" design is in one of the star wars tech or droid books. ive got the amee unfold videos and face shield test before WB took it off there site.

- - - Updated - - -

nice mike. you gonna make a metal i.d. plate or just a decal?

they made CG "test" video's of her unfolding and her walk. one she walks like a gorilla, they ditched that and went with the cat walk. you know the scene where Gallagher powers her up and she unfolds? that's also there second choice. they did some weird gyro arm leg rotation first. she was also suppose to have a retractable face shield and they dropped it.

No, actually I haven't done anything further with my decals. I'm a little leery of doing them myself. I'd like to have a professional print them, and I have yet to ask around. I'd also like to gang another decal job with them, but I'm waiting on parts to measure for that one.

Just for you, I just cut down my pill bottle to the correct length.

-MJ

Attachments

• IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 61
looks good bro! have you drilled out for the rods and screws yet? I printed my own decals and there hit and miss for some reason. I keep getting little bubbles on different parts after a few days. my first battery is perfect and no problems, smooth after months. but the second set the red decal bubbled and the battery decal. but there all printed on the same page, and clear coated the same. and all the same paints, its weird. I built a second H.N.P.C. and plan on putting watch battery's in the core to light up the amee eye. :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back