SD Studios - What does Steve Dymszo owe you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS Operative

Sr Member
Since the MiB Neuralizer thread was closed due to SD Studios recent banning, and the thread has gone, I have decided to start this thread. Mods-- since that run is still uncompleted, is it possible to bring that thread back? There was a lot of good information there.

I fear that if we let this subject go without discussion, those of us still waiting will never receive our items. Please update this thread with any relevant information concerning any transactions, conversations with, or pertinant information with Steve Dymszo, SD Studios, or Artifactory Replicas.

Please add what you are waiting on, and if you receive a refund or the item you paid for.

I am still waiting on a Deluxe MiB Neuralizer.

US$500 deposit refund from 2001 - since the USD-NZD exchange rate was particularly bad back in 2001 that's the equivalent of US$990 at the current exchange rate.

sdstudios.jpg

but - probably not relevant to the current discussion since it predates MR but it does show a pattern of behaviour which may be relevant.

I REALLY REALLY wish that those older threads (especially the huge ones) will be available at least in an archive format somewhere; This stuff shouldn't just disappear because of site changes or banning. Short of screencapping the thread pages, does anyone know if they will (or have been) archived anywhere? There were several old sales threads lost and removed after banning that still had pertinent information, and I would expect a lot more are going to disappear (even without banning or resolution) once the deprecated JY thread is trashed in a couple of days...

I got a "nice" email from Steve a couple of days ago. Is it ok to post on here? I wasn't very nice to him, and he didn't appreciate it too much.. :lol

Paid in full for a Deluxe MiB Neuralizer, still waiting, got no answer to my mail I sent to him in reply of his "SD Almost April sales stuff" asking when they will arrive or if
he plans to refund...

... Still waiting

I am paid in full for 1 Deluxe and 1 Standard Neuralyzer. Total payments made: $890. I haven't reached out to Steve in a couple months, I have been pretty busy and since the old thread was closed I lost my 'reminders'. Glad this is up, will have to email Steve, But in a nice way. ;)

I maintained the list in the old thread, but due to some serious health problems of my 4-year old son, I don't have that amount of time to keep that list up to date. If a mod could pick up the latest version of that list from the old thread and put it here, and someone else is willing to maintain that, we have a fresh start, I guess.

Personally I did had the last contact with Stephen through mail on april 25. I paid €388 (equals $500) for a Deluxe Neuralyzer on Februari 2, 2012 (taking over mrsmartypants place on the list). Stephen already refunded €303, so he still ows me €85.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a "nice" email from Steve a couple of days ago. Is it ok to post on here? I wasn't very nice to him, and he didn't appreciate it too much.. :lol
Feel free to do so... ;).

Here is the last list that was posted with the addition of Garthok.

• rpvader: HAL9000 Panel - $500
  • JeffreyMorren: 2 X Neuralyzer Deluxe - $990 (Jeffrey, let me know if the amount is not correct!)
  • FULLY REFUNDED - TomVDJ: Neuralyzer Deluxe
  • Sarednab: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $495
  • Megamicrofish: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $295 ($200 already refunded)
  • BoozeBeGood: HAL9000 Panel - $500
  • Darth Clayton: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $500
  • agliarept: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $500
  • Max Jenius: 2 X Neuralyzer Deluxe - $900
  • aceofknaves88: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $500
  • Texas007: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $500
  • Harbinger: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $400
  • mrsmartypants: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $500
  • Sanjuro: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $495
  • RockBottom: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $500
  • desperado: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $495
  • Eduard: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $495
  • vitacura: Neuralyzer Deluxe + Neuralyzer Standard - $890
  • wilkster: HAL9000 Panel + Neuralyzer Deluxe - $1000
  • emetgolem: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $400
  • kurtyboy: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $495
  • David: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $330 (£200)
  • Sonny Zady: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $495
  • Garthok: Neuralyzer Deluxe + Neuralyzer Standard + shipping ($100) - $990
  • Banned Member*: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $500
  • Anonymous*: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $400
  • Anonymous*: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $495
  • Anonymous*: Neuralyzer Deluxe - $495
  • Anonymous*: 2 x Neuralyzer Deluxe - $990

TOTAL AMOUNT: $16,540

Nicknames are known by me. Those people contacted me through PM but asked to be anonymous for now.

WOW, and the list above appeared magically ;-). Thanks to one of the mods who did the magic. But as I said, I don't have the time to maintain it, nor do I still have the nicks of the Anonymous RPF-members. If someone wants to maintain this list, please feel free. I advice the people that contacted me but wanted to be anonymous, to contact the new "list-keeper" to stay on the list.

I edited the line with my name to reflect the current situation.

Last edited:
I just got the final payment of the refund for my neuralyzer from Stephen. I've been fully refunded (not taking into account interest on 499 dollars for 3 years...). Good luck to all others on the list... :unsure

Does any one know how to contact SD Studios. He made me an excellent Lawgiver replica on a full auto airsoft gun. The Lawgiver prop failed to function properly, so he said he could repair it. It has been about a year since i sent the lawgiver back to him for repairs. At first communication was very detailed. After a few more months with little progress i contacted Erv of plectar labs to see if he had any ideas what may be wrong with my lawgiver. I have since learned that SD Studios owes several people. I just want my lawgiver back.

Does any one know how to contact SD Studios. He made me an excellent Lawgiver replica on a full auto airsoft gun. The Lawgiver prop failed to function properly, so he said he could repair it. It has been about a year since i sent the lawgiver back to him for repairs. At first communication was very detailed. After a few more months with little progress i contacted Erv of plectar labs to see if he had any ideas what may be wrong with my lawgiver. I have since learned that SD Studios owes several people. I just want my lawgiver back.

Welcome to the club.. :facepalm You can try contacting him through his "new" business at artifactoryreplicas.com. or sdstudios@aol.com. Good luck on getting an answer though..

I've decided I am going to post the email I received from Steve on 6/8/14. If there is a problem with this the mods are more than happy to remove it. I just though it was time..

Enjoy! :lol

I am going to ignore that other e-mail...

I get 60+ e-mails a day for the two businesses, so I try to get to e-mails as soon as I can, but I simply forget sometimes to answer people. Sorry for that.

For the last two years, I have been refunding or trading out numerous customers and have been steadily plowing through the list.

I still plan to complete the Neuro project and when I do, I will let everyone know.

A number of people have asked to stay on, as they believe that I WILL finish and I WILL do that.

I can only refund people as money comes in. I can't really make it appear out of the blue, so I am hampered in that respect to wait to see what items sell or if other monies come in from unexpected sources.

SD doesn't have much in sales for the last couple of years, and I have been working full time for my other company, trying very hard to get that going. There just aren't enough hours in a day to get everything done that I need to do. But I am trying...

If I was a "thief" I would have spent the last two years blowing everyone off and ignoring every e-mail or just saying "sorry, you aren't getting your money back..."

I haven't done that, so let's refrain from the profanity and name calling.

I am currently making bi-weekly or monthly payments to several new people as money comes in. I have even been selling off chunks of my collection to repay folks as well, so again, the term thief is not really applicable here. I doubt that many people post that they got their money back. Bad news is always more fun to read.

But a LOT of people have been refunded in full or traded out for products that I had for sale. A LOT.

I know that doesn't help you, but everyone wants to be the next guy to get refunded, so how do I decide who gets what???

I would be happy to start paying you back as well, but I need to get more funds in. As soon as I can do that, I can and will make some payments to you.

Sorry to hear about your job. The slow economy is hurting all of us.

I will work with you in any way possible. Let me get more funds in and then I can start getting to your refund.

If there are any items that you would like (I have added some new ones) definitely let me know.

Thanks for your patience. Let's move forward to resolve this without threats and name calling...

Stephen Dymszo
President, SD Studios, Ltd.
President, Artifactory, Inc.

So my question is.. Who on the list has received a "full" refund?

Why do they NEVER post proof of paying other people, etc?

It's just hot air. How about asking people you are reimbursing, permission to post their user names or something that shows he is chipping at the stone...

Honestly, I wouldn't care if he DID prove he was paying someone else. Sure, it's nice for that other person, but if someone owes ME money, I don't care about any aspect other than what they have repaid to me specifically.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if he DID prove he was paying someone else. Sure, it's nice for that other person, but if someone owes ME money, I don't care about any aspect other than what they have repaid to me specifically.

Agreed but it puts them in a different category than the cheat & liars & thieves we have been flooded with recently.

It gives a bit of hope and maybe something can be worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back