Star Wars: Battlefront

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront E3 preview trailer

We'll see.

I've been underwhelmed by Battlefield games since Bad Company 2, and especially by DICE's support thereof (which has often been pretty spotty -- e.g. allowing serious balance bugs to linger for ages). Also I'm basically just over the grind-and-unlock approach to these games, so I'd hope that Battlefront 3 doesn't include it. Wishful thinking, knowing DICE, though...

I still play 1 and 2 with my son and absolutely love them. I can't wait for this :)

Ben

I never played the old ones but this looks like an impressive effort so far!

This is probably my most anticipated game for next gen so far. I'll probably get a new console just for this, as well as Uncharted..

That Endor sequence alone look awesome. I can't wait for it. I just hope the BF1 Dark Trooper is in it. You'd just jetpack up to someone and one shot them.

This is probably my most anticipated game for next gen so far. I'll probably get a new console just for this, as well as Uncharted..

I think you'll have to. Could've sworn that I heard it will only be for nextgen consoles. I have a 360 still, so I guess I'll have to get an XboxOne now.

The only Battlefield games I've played are Bad Company and its sequel. I love those games and this looks pretty great so far.

Gave me goose bumps, always a good sign. Loved seeeing the twin sunset over Stockholm :love
It seems they are going for a very authentic game. I just hope they take the time they need and don't rush it.

I have a 360 still, so I guess I'll have to get an PS4 now.

Fixed that for you :p

Last edited:

If they keep the gameplay at a par with the first 2 and have the visuals of that preview then they have a winner for sure. I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that this actually is not #3 but a reimagining/reboot. Starting a fresh. I just hope they don't disregard the other 2 as they were top games and a lot can be learnt/advanced from where they left off. Either way it's clear they have the passion this game deserves.:)

Ben

I love the 1st two, my daughter and I have spent too many hours playing them. ;) Looks like I'll have to move beyond a PS2 when this comes out! :lol

BF 1 & 2 are my favorite SW games of all time.
They're the only real (canon) fighting games that don't revolve around Jedi life, and that's a good thing.
My first online multiplayer experience was BF 1 on my PC with 63 other players on Hoth. It was awesome!

I hope the new one plays well on the PC. I don't want it to play like a console port.

I hope they keep the side-roll/evade. When a grenade tumbles into a room it looks better to see players diving out of the way instead of awkwardly turning around and shuffling away.

I kept my original X-box just for BF1 and 2.
Hope it is released for PS3... don't really want to buy a PS4.

That was the least impressive preview trailer I have ever seen. Sadly it's going to be for PS4 no doubt, just about everything at e3 probably was for the new systems.

What left me most impressed in that preview was the level of accuracy on the Stormtrooper. That render may be a little sharper than what ultimatly ends up in the game, but still it was really fun to see the proper wonkyness and hand painted details of the original prop.

The best experience is on the PC ... online with >50 players. After you experience it, 8-16 player games just feel empty.
PC battles have much more scale.
I really hope they don't blow off the PC gamers.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back