Star Wars: Battlefront

pre-ordered.

they had me at "Star Wars"

(I don't miss space battles at all. I always felt like a true treatment of space belonged in a different game altogether. I'm glad they kept the focus on the ground. I'm also happy they allow for option of first or third person - I'm one of the few who likes to play in first person.)

Last edited:
Is this Tatooine or Jakku? I mean, there's a sandcrawler and a crashed star destroyer a la Force Awakens. Either way, Boba Fett is present..

KHZ7ul2.jpg

via flickeringmyth.com

"Disney makes it official that Boba Fett survived the Sarlacc in Return of the Jedi

APRIL 19, 2015 BY GARY COLLINSON

He’s the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy, and one of the most popular characters in the entire Star Wars universe, so being inadvertently knocked into the jaws of the Sarlacc by a blinded Han Solo is certainly no way to go.

Unless you’re a fan of the Expanded Universe, the fan favorite bounty hunter Boba Fett has held the distinction of suffering the weakest death in the entire saga ever since his demise in 1983’s Return of the Jedi, But it looks like Disney has wasted little time rectifying that, with the reveal trailer for the video game Star Wars Battlefront seemingly confirming – in official canon – that Fett did survive his encounter with the Sarlacc.

The above image is a screenshot from the Battle of Jakku DLC set to arrive ahead of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which will depict “the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronted key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet on the Outer Rim [and takes place] in the aftermath of the Rebel victory in the Battle of Endor”. You’ll notice that Boba Fett takes centre stage, but look to the top right and you’ll also notice a Star Destroyer crashing to the ground – the very Star Destroyer we see in the trailer for The Force Awakens…

So, given Disney and Lucasfilm’s assertation that all new movies, books, video games, comics and other Star Wars material are officially canon, it would seem the debate is over: Boba Fett is alive and well in the Star Wars universe. Now, would he have waited some 30 years odd for his revenge against Han Solo?

Update: As the comments below show, there’s some debate over whether the image depicts Tatooine or Jakku. Personally, I think the crashed Star Destroyer is too much of a coincidence for it not to be Jakku, but that’s just my opinion. So, unless we get a new trailer which confirms it either way, we’ll just have to wait until the game’s release in November to know for certain."

In my opinion this is just an action shot made specifically for the trailer, and I doubt we will see this exact scene in the game. So no: Boba Fett is not (yet) officially alive after ROTJ at that point.

Same with Vader: he is shown down on the surface on Endor during the Battle of Endor, and that can´t be possible either, can it?

In my opinion this is just an action shot made specifically for the trailer, and I doubt we will see this exact scene in the game. So no: Boba Fett is not (yet) officially alive after ROTJ at that point.

Same with Vader: he is shown down on the surface on Endor during the Battle of Endor, and that can´t be possible either, can it?

Boba Fett is indeed alive, there is no question about it with this official canon.
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/...rvived-the-sarlacc-in-return-of-the-jedi.html

Concerning Vader, I think that the Endor clip is between ESB and ROTJ?

Why do you quote the article again? I was refering to it. For me that is no proof that Boba is still alive.

Before ROTJ? So if that would be canon, don´t you think it is a little stupid that the empire is aware of the rebels knowing about the shield generator and all that, and yet they aren´t protecting the bunker?

Battlefront isn't going to be canon is it? I thought there were a bunch of characters in places they shouldn't have been in the previous installments.

I wouldn't be surprised if space battles did appear in future DLC.. BF4 has the Air Superiority mode in one of their DLC releases. I haven't played it, but I imagine it would be more or less like what a space battle could be in Battlefront.

Battlefront isn't going to be canon is it? I thought there were a bunch of characters in places they shouldn't have been in the previous installments.

Storywise in case of battles it will be canon, but not in the appearance of certain "hero characters" or weaponry. They are just there for gameplay reasons.

Part of the cool thing about Battlefront is the ability to bring certain Heroes or Villains to battles they weren't actually (ie: canonically) present for, just to mix it up and to turn the tide of the battle. That's part of what makes Battlefront so fun.

SB

I'm less into the "heroes" or "villains" but love the Rebel/Imperial "grunt" experience. So many games focus on Jedis the SW Battlefront series has always been a breath of fresh air.

Lucas said Fett survived a while back.

How long have you been on the Internet? That would just turn into a bunch of kids yelling racist slurs at everyone. :lol

Lol. The real excitement would be to argue for the taxation of trade routes or Gungan centralized plumbing. I mean seriously, the gamers are wasting a huge opportunity!

The above image is a screenshot from the Battle of Jakku DLC set to arrive ahead of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which will depict “the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronted key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet on the Outer Rim [and takes place] in the aftermath of the Rebel victory in the Battle of Endor”. You’ll notice that Boba Fett takes centre stage, but look to the top right and you’ll also notice a Star Destroyer crashing to the ground – the very Star Destroyer we see in the trailer for The Force Awakens…

Day 1 DLC.

Ahh, EA....never change, baby. Never change.

Day 1 DLC.

Ahh, EA....never change, baby. Never change.

Sadly they've brainwashed a generation of gamers into thinking their way of doing things is acceptable thus they can get away with it no matter how much older gamers warn the younger ones about it.

This is why I basically never buy games new anymore. Eventually some "Game of the Year" version will come out, and I can get the base game and a ton of DLC for a song.

Yeah I don't like EA's business model and frankly there is absolutely no reason not to include Jakku upon release. The good news is that it is free, at least. Although that makes it even stranger that it wouldn't just already be included...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back