Star Wars: Battlefront

Interesting. I was hoping to see more first-person footage, rather than staged cinematics run through the game engine. I mean, that looks pretty and all, but I'm more interested in the gameplay. Also, learning about how awful the unlock bull**** will be.

Nothing is more a turn off to selling me a game than just showing cinematics. I understand this was created within the engine, but we saw NO gameplay, bottom line.

Wonderful quality cinematic teaser, but they still showed us nothing. That panel was a waste of time.

Not true. There was, like, 2 total seconds of gameplay, if you count the various shots edited together.

Personally, I do not expect to have chunks of AT-AT exploding off and landing near me, possibly killing me or my comrades. I rather doubt their game engine is that sophisticated. The destructible quality of the terrain in Battlefield 3, for example, was pretty minimal. Even though that was supposedly an upgraded engine from Bad Company 2 where you could level entire towns (and frequently did). I skipped Battlefield 4 and am skipping Hardline or Battlefield Miami Vice or whatever the hell it's called.

I like the IP for this game. I've seen very little gameplay, though, and I'm sure you could design an impressive cinematic in Battlefront 1's engine, too, at least in its day. Doesn't mean the gameplay wasn't ho-hum.

I think the game looks amazing, and it's about time we get a successor to Battlefront II. My only question is, when will it be available to pre-order for Xbox One?

SB

The cinematics were movie quality awesome and I'm just hoping the gameplay is half as good. I'll definitely be picking this one up. :cool

Well that was dispappointing as a big reveal. I mean it looks fantastic but showed us about as much as the last trailer months ago. The little bits of gameplay at the end looked great but not enough. Surely they could have shown us more of somebody actually playing the game. I can't wait for this game and have high hopes and was hoping this video would ease them but it really didn't. Oh well.

Ben

I've played BF3&4 so I just hope they polish it up before release. I think if you've played them you know pretty much how the gameplay will be. I'd like to know about weapon upgrades. I'm guessing they will do something similar with the SW weapons. The portable shield generator in the trailer is pretty neat though!

Well I want to really like this but the jury remains out until we can get some good gameplay footage. I agree this was pretty weak for a "big" reveal. From the trailer, I hated the seeing the rebel with a jetpack and that stupid portable bubbleshield.

Well I want to really like this but the jury remains out until we can get some good gameplay footage. I agree this was pretty weak for a "big" reveal. From the trailer, I hated the seeing the rebel with a jetpack and that stupid portable bubbleshield.

If Boba Fett can have a flying jett pack then why couldn't anyone? I liked that part actually! and the bubble shield was awesome.. The Gungans had huge shields.... ya, okay, so it brings some of that prequel stuff into play but forcefield technology isn't rare or new in SW... the docking bays on the death star had it otherwise everyone would get sucked out into space :D I thought the Endor battle was awesome and intense.. should have been how the action went down in RotJ... but instead we get a rebel command that does pretty much nothing and we watch Ewoks win the battle for them. now that was lame! I'd rather have watched the rebels fighting the stormtroopers and taking out walkers.... instead we have Ewoks chopping down megaton logs roped up into trees. just when did they set those up and what for? how convenient they had those logs already up there! :D
rotj_atst_smashed.jpg

I know the real reason all that is included is for gameplay variety and balancing but that stuff belongs in Halo, not a SW game imo. Boba Fett isn't exactly your average Joe Rebel and I always felt like the portable Gungan shields were a unique situation, since you never see it used again in any of the movies. We never see any of that tech used by the ragtag Rebels and looks really out of place. Heck, let's just give them all active camo and have them killing Imperials Predator-style...lol!

Last edited:
I'm getting a little worried because they said there are no classes, a 40 player limit, and no space battles. Uh, Battlefield 3 and 4 had 64 players...

They did not show any space battles in the trailer, but they did have ships / vehicles. It even looked like the snowspeeder was being advertised as a preorder special.

Yeah but BF style jet and chopper reskinned with Star Wars ships flying over a map does not equate a full on space battle. That was my favorite mode, and can you imagine with that with the immersion Dice manage to inject in their games ? Battlefield makes duck my head and give me adrenaline rushes when I hear bullets flying next to me, this applied to a space battle would be glorious and very bad for stress level ! Hopefully it will come later as a dlc then.

I can deal with only being able to fly ships on the planets surface. Supposedly if you preorder, you will have early access to the battle on Juku? Anyway, looking forward to playing this on the PS4 and preordered from Gamestop with the weapons upgrade.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back