How to make ASM Lenses v2

Alright guys! i did a quick try on these budget ones!! And i'm pretty happy with the result.
1- I took a plastic bottle at the grocery store that have a nice curve to give this "dome" effect to the lense.
2- I went to see the local company that makes advertising in shop windows if they can sell me a sheet or two of those plastic adhesive mesh and they gave me a roll of scrap. About 1 m²... free!!
3- I put the dome, cut it to fit my frames, put the vinyl mesh on it...then I brought them over heat of the oven to avoid any fold or bubble. Which works pretty gr8 at first try!!
4-Then i still have 1 or 2 fold spots... to fix it i took a knife, heat it over the oven and push it against those small fold areas and it stretch to the surface as a charm!!

I still need to glue the lenses to the frames, add magnets to them and to my faceshell and i'll be done with those!!
Hope it helps! And thanks for the concept Jeck13500
I wonder if however u would like to have a glass over the mesh... maybe it could be possible to put a cellphone screen protector over it... but i dont want to ruins these i just made..
I probably test it later.....
20140617_163922.jpg20140617_163933.jpg20140617_163958.jpg

Alright guys! i did a quick try on these budget ones!! And i'm pretty happy with the result.
1- I took a plastic bottle at the grocery store that have a nice curve to give this "dome" effect to the lense.
2- I went to see the local company that makes advertising in shop windows if they can sell me a sheet or two of those plastic adhesive mesh and they gave me a roll of scrap. About 1 m²... free!!
3- I put the dome, cut it to fit my frames, put the vinyl mesh on it...then I brought them over heat of the oven to avoid any fold or bubble. Which works pretty gr8 at first try!!
4-Then i still have 1 or 2 fold spots... to fix it i took a knife, heat it over the oven and push it against those small fold areas and it stretch to the surface as a charm!!

I still need to glue the lenses to the frames, add magnets to them and to my faceshell and i'll be done with those!!
Hope it helps! And thanks for the concept Jeck13500
I wonder if however u would like to have a glass over the mesh... maybe it could be possible to put a cellphone screen protector over it... but i dont want to ruins these i just made..
I probably test it later.....
View attachment 339514View attachment 339515View attachment 339516
ahah ! ****ing perfect work!! Nice Job !
I think place screen guard too for the reflection !
Im very happy with your result !!
Glad to help, someone else??

I tried gluing the vinyl on the inside of the clear sheet of my TASM lenses to get a better reflection but the result is less noticeable than what I expected, what do you think?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403046884621.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403046884621.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 116
Hey guys has anyone thought about heating up the plastic and the shaping them to fit inside the lenses to get it how you want it?

All the best!
-Aaron

I tried gluing the vinyl on the inside of the clear sheet of my TASM lenses to get a better reflection but the result is less noticeable than what I expected, what do you think?
Look good !
I will try to place screen guard on it for the reflection, try this way ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys has anyone thought about heating up the plastic and the shaping them to fit inside the lenses to get it how you want it?

All the best!
-Aaron
I didn't tried, because when I draw my frame on my bottle, I directly have the good form ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Does not work. Plastic is not malleable enough.

It's true !

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what i would try first... but it totally mucked up... maybe with fabric mesh

Your result is perfect !
Maybe try with screen guard for more reflection

Does not work. Plastic is not malleable enough.

Look good !
I will try to place screen guard on it for the reflection, try this way ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't tried, because when I draw my frame on my bottle, I directly have the good form ;)

- - - Updated - - -

It's true !

- - - Updated - - -

Your result is perfect !
Maybe try with screen guard for more reflection

Ok thanks guys I am going to work a little to see what I can do. Good luck!

All the best!
-Aaron

Hi dude, I've used neoprene glue, and I put the glue on my frame and put my frame to the plastic

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
that is what not i mean,
i have cut out clear plastic from my coca cola bottl, but there is not line that i can glue to the frame , hope you understand what i say lol
sorry for my bad english

that is what not i mean,
i have cut out clear plastic from my coca cola bottl, but there is not line that i can glue to the frame , hope you understand what i say lol
sorry for my bad english

You mean the plastic is not accurate to the frame ? Show me some pics ;)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi everyone, few days ago, I presented to you a little tuto for make your own lenses, tuto, I place a update.
Now you can make your lenses easily and for few dollars !

Necessary material :

The frame ( it's my Tjack broken lenses, I use it for test,) You can take a frame on shapeways.
plastic bottle
perforated adhesive.
scissor.

I am having a hard time getting this perforated adhesive on the plastic, I have tried 3 sheets, it just soo difficult to get it flat without folded parts.
any suggestions and tips?

I am having a hard time getting this perforated adhesive on the plastic, I have tried 3 sheets, it just soo difficult to get it flat without folded parts.
any suggestions and tips?

Not really, it very hard to have apply it perfectly ! Just need a lot of practice ;)

Jeck13500

Not really, it very hard to have apply it perfectly ! Just need a lot of practice ;)

Jeck13500

Thanks, as long there is hope of getting it perfectly, I will keep practicing.
but there way/technique from where to apply it? do I have to start from the center or from a corner? and in which direction do I have to push the adhesive?

If it could help... i did use my spiral parts of the oven to do it perfectly and its works superb on every shots from thw first time i did.
Just place the mesh over the hot spiral..not too long ull see it becomes soooooo soft. Then simply apply on plastic u choose. Be careful to dont stretch it too much because ull change the shape of honeycomb.
ET VOILA.! Good luck!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back