How to make ASM Lenses v2

Jeck13500

Sr Member
Hi everyone, few days ago, I presented to you a little tuto for make your own lenses, tuto, I place a update.
Now you can make your lenses easily and for few dollars !

Necessary material :

The frame ( it's my Tjack broken lenses, I use it for test,) You can take a frame on shapeways.
plastic bottle
perforated adhesive.
scissor.

To the beginning, trace on your bottle the frame and cut.
image.jpg
After that, take you adhesive cut, and apply on the plastic
image.jpg

image.jpg

Place your frame and glue
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

The lenses is curved and offer a really great visibility !
Good luck guys ! Hope the tuto can help you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 324
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    806.9 KB · Views: 270
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    919.7 KB · Views: 254
Verry usseful tips ,
Sad things is there is no perforated adhesive in my country, so i must use metal speaker mesh
And it is very hard, strong, i cant use anything to make curved of it

Verry usseful tips ,
Sad things is there is no perforated adhesive in my country, so i must use metal speaker mesh
And it is very hard, strong, i cant use anything to make curved of it

You can use my first tuto for the mesh speaker ;)
you can find the adhesive on internet !

Hey glad to see the sticker worked out for you!

Just a suggestion to try, if you don't have TJack frames you can look into using polyform plastic. It's a type of plastic you can heat in hot water and mold to any shape you want. And If it breaks or you're not happy with the shape just put it back it water and fix it til you're happy with it.

You can get different colour dyes to make the plastic whatever colour you want too. Try it out, it'll make for cheap, customizable lenses.

Hey glad to see the sticker worked out for you!

Just a suggestion to try, if you don't have TJack frames you can look into using polyform plastic. It's a type of plastic you can heat in hot water and mold to any shape you want. And If it breaks or you're not happy with the shape just put it back it water and fix it til you're happy with it.

You can get different colour dyes to make the plastic whatever colour you want too. Try it out, it'll make for cheap, customizable lenses.
Thank you dude ! I will look this way!

Woah, it's pretty amazing! Although I would've glued the perforated adhesive on the inside of the plastic to be more accurate.

You can layer another piece of plastic over the one you stick the sticker on.

I don't think the visibility would be great though. I was thinking of something more like spraying liquid glue to the perforated adhesive and then place it in the piece of plastic and either wash away the adhesive or neutralize it with powder.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back