King Arts International Limited - Marvel Licensed Products and more

hikarub

So, taking heed of the recommendations of my fellow rpf members, I've decided to create a separate thread for King Arts, instead of hijacking the efx thread from before. So please, if you have anything to discuss regarding King Arts, please post here. :)

King Arts International Limited is a Hong Kong based company who, according to their Facebook page, came into being in January of this year. They were granted the license to create and sell MARVEL related products and so far it seems they are doing a pretty good job.They have a shop on the second floor of the Sino Centre in Mong Kok in Kowloon where they have started displaying some prototypes of the products they are currently working on.

Shop Address:
Room 201, Sino Centre, 582-592 Nathan Road, Mong Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong

For more information, you can check out their webpage: www.king-arts.com
Or check out their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/kingartshk

You can check out some pictures I have taken during my trips to their store in the Sino Centre:

2014-05-10 15.54.59.jpg

The first time I visited the store I only saw this 1/1 scale statue of the Iron Man Mk42 inside. You can see a poster of the Captain America shields pre-order on the window.

10247431_784581978241136_6190316890218839249_n.jpg No mention has been made of how long the pre-order period will last, but as they mentioned on their Facebook page that the Winter Soldier stealth shield would be an ACGHK exclusive, then they will probably still accept pre-orders upto and during that event. The ACGHK is the annual Anime - Comics - Games event held in the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre in Wan Chai every year in late July. Should be pretty fun.

And so the rest of the photos:

2014-06-06 18.10.28.jpg2014-06-06 18.10.52.jpg2014-06-06 18.11.34.jpg2014-06-06 18.34.22.jpg2014-06-06 18.14.08.jpg

2014-06-06 18.13.53.jpg2014-06-06 18.34.10.jpg2014-06-06 18.33.26.jpg2014-06-06 18.10.02.jpg2014-06-06 18.32.32.jpg2014-06-06 18.33.05.jpg

So, as I mentioned before in the previous thread, the products shown are prototypes and not the final products to be sold to customers. Even so, they look pretty impressive and I can't wait to see what the finished items would look like when they are released later this year. The shields look especially cool and a lot better than the resin model offered by efx, in my opinion. These shields are made of aluminium and not resin. The harness in the back of the shield looks comparable to the movie prop and the shields come with a nifty stand (as seen with the red and blue shields above) and are said to also include a wall plaque (as seen with the wall-mounted stealth shield). The wall plaque includes a button to turn on and off a lighting effect behind the shield.

You can check out their Facebook page for more photos of the Loki scepter, the Iron Man 2 arc reactor and box, and many others too. I'll try to update this thread with more details as i come across them.

What do you guys and gals think?

Cheers!

Thanks Hikarub for all of your research there. Those prototypes really look encouraging.

My only question is if there any way for someone in North America to order any of those? I can't read 75% of their website as it is in Chinese, and there was no obvious ordering page I could follow. I read somewhere too, that they won't ship overseas, and you need to use a third party to make that happen. Even so, there might be some copyright issues to worry about. Not really sure.

I'd like to get my hands on a sceptre, but I'd like a bit more peace of mind before I send payment.

Dammit why wasn't this place around while I was still in Hong Kong? :lol

Couldn't find out where to pre-order on their site though. Might just get some relatives in HK to check out the store and see what they have to offer, although shipping would be a pain. Not sure if any of it would be worth it for me overall.

dstengler - unfortunately, I'm not sure if there are any distributors that are willing to take international orders. And as you said, there may be copyright issues to worry about. I hadn't thought about it before, but since efx have the license to produce and sell Marvel products in North America, King Arts may not be able to ship their products over there, as their license may only include parts of Asia...

I did copy and paste a list of distributors in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan and Macau from their Facebook page in the efx thread but I'm not sure if any of them are suitable or willing to take orders from overseas. You could always try sending them an inquiry through their "Contact Us" option on their website: king-arts.com - it wouldn't hurt, though I'm not sure how effective that will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Hikarub for all of your research there. Those prototypes really look encouraging.

My only question is if there any way for someone in North America to order any of those? I can't read 75% of their website as it is in Chinese, and there was no obvious ordering page I could follow. I read somewhere too, that they won't ship overseas, and you need to use a third party to make that happen. Even so, there might be some copyright issues to worry about. Not really sure.

I'd like to get my hands on a sceptre, but I'd like a bit more peace of mind before I send payment.

I was able to find one: KGhobby.com. I ordered from them before and they are very trust worthy. They have the KAI Arc Reactor. I have been talking to someone there about the Loki Scepter but it's uncertain if they will have it for sale because of the size and price of shipping. I'm just waiting to pre-order, though. If anyone find a place to order these from please post here.

So, King Arts have finally updated their Facebook page to show the pre-order of the Captain America shields with photos of the different styles available. According to the description, the models come either with the stand or the wall plaque so that clears up some confusion there I had before (the guy in the shop told me that they come with both).

The deadline for the pre-order is July 31st.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.810054919027175.1073741879.662100193822649&type=1

10271199_810054949027172_8015467937076385154_o.jpg

cool stuff. I think I prefer the stand.

Do they have one accurate for The First Avenger? I'm working on that suit and want one of those.

Sadly the only way to get one of these is through a store in Hong Kong or Thailand. So far all the ones that Kings Art as pointed me to do not have the shields up for Pre-order yet.

I am new to this forum. I recently in the market for the Captain America shield, so I came across King-arts and this forum. So I just thought I could share my experience with King-arts here.

I was on the wait list for the eFX CA shield, but after I found out the King-arts is making the shield in Aluminium, I immediately gave them a call, hoping they weren't sold out already. After they confirmed that it is still available for pre-order, I went to their store to pay the deposit the next day. The shield in the display glass immediately caught my attention just like it is shown in hikarub's pictures, it looks better than I imagine, very shinny!

I talked to the the guy who run the store, and found out that the reason why they don't have any distributor over sea is that their license with Marvel only allow them to sell items in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. For guys who would like to order one, you guys might have to go through third party. As for the price, I think it is very reasonable compare to other companies that are also making the shield, as they charge more for a fiber glass shield (I am not saying fiber glass is not good, I'd prefer a Aluminium one).

I placed my order on the Red/Blue one with plaque, although I really like one with the stand, but it would take out a lot of space in my house (Hong Kong houses are really small, haha). I might order the BD one as well, but I am still thinking about it. They now only have very few available for the red/blue one for order. Oh, also, the TWS shield that display in store is actually made out of fiber glass/plastic, because they didn't make the aluminium one in time, so it doesn't look as shinny.

I happened across these on eBay yesterday eve , they are selling usd 599 & they are showing shipping rates & approx times to here in the UK as well Asia & both North & South America , have to say am tempted by either the BD one or the stealth one as am currently putting together my own red , blue one , the English disruption is a little hard to make out .
They say scale is 1/1 but think I will message them to check what they call 1/1

Mike

Sorry fellas my mistake the price is actually 699USD , which is a little over £400 ........ So I ordered the blue one :) Well sometimes you just have to don't you ? Lol

Oh hey, nice find! Unfortunately, it looks like they've already stopped - their deadline for pre-ordering the shields was in June... Then again, the pre-order deadline for the scepter was also in June and the deadline for the arc reactor and energy plate box was in May, but both pre-orders still seem to be available... so who knows?

They also don't seem to indicate shipping overseas either, or I'm not looking in the right place... No, they do overseas shipping, it's in the bottom corner...

Found two other sites you can try if you are overseas. One is in Singapore and seems decent. They also seem to have already closed their pre-orders for the shield though:

http://thedragonvault.com/categories.php?category=By-Category/1{47}1-Scale

The second is based in Malaysia but seems to have the pre-order still available:

http://toypanic.com/toy.aspx?p=2940

Both seem to provide overseas shipping though they don't give much details. I haven't tried or know of anyone who have tried either of these websites though so proceed at your own risk! According to Toypanic, you need to place the order first before finding out what the overseas cost for shipping will be. You have the option of cancelling the order though if you disagree with the shipping cost...

Good luck, chaps! If anyone finds out any other information that might help international buyers then please post here.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Guardians of the Galaxy! Woohoo!!

King Arts have also announced that they will have a limited edition silver version of the Captain America shield for pre-order during the Ani-Com and Games event in Hong Kong.

20.jpg21.jpg

You still have to go to their shop in Mongkok to pre-order though. Only 50 pcs of the pedestal and 50 pcs of the wall-mounted versions will be available.

:cool

O. M. F. G.
Rocket's BFG, 1/1 scale replica... *jaw drops*

I'm actually surprised they're willing to do that replica, seems to be a pretty niche market and it looks expensive to produce. If anything they probably should've done Starlord's pistols first, least those would sell better as collectors AND cosplayers would be interested.

HEY EVERYONE!!!!

Did you see that bigbadtoystore is now taking pre-orders again!!!! I ordered my King Arts shield immediately! I can't wait!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back