King Arts International Limited - Marvel Licensed Products and more

Ideally I'd like something truly accurate to the hero shield wether it's aluminium or fiberglass.
Honestly had I known EFX was going for a stunt shield look I'm not sure I would have placed an order with them.
Then again I'm not discarding their work, most people seem very pleased with what they got and they have an amazing track record on that front and all in all I'm sure their shield is a great piece in person. That being said, based on pictures, their paint apps, the overall look they went for is not how I envision a hero shield from neither of the three movies we've seen the shield in so far. And based on the later pictures of Evans visiting those kids in a hospital in his Age Of Ultron suit, it's far off the AOU shield too (and I'm basically only talking about the paint apps here not the construction details).
I don't know, maybe my expections were too high, especially with the amazing Mjölnir EFX put out, but it pisses me off to see people say, in an awful lot of reviews, that the EFX shield looks great ... from two or three feet away. I want my props to look great even up close so yeah maybe what I want is more of an idealized version.

The straps are close, but not 100% accurate. The TFA shield had doubled-up leather, and double stitching in some areas. Not sure on TWS version. How big is that center ring with the star? It almost looks slightly small. Overall, it looks like a quality product

The blue circle is approximately 22 cm in diameter. Is that too small?
2015-03-10 22.37.20.jpg

Thanks for all your comments, guys. I'm pretty happy with it.

Some more pics:

2015-03-10 22.43.59.jpg 2015-03-10 22.44.49-1.jpg 2015-03-10 22.45.17.jpg 2015-03-10 22.46.30.jpg
Another look at the back of the shield and the straps. The back looks like it was buffed or something with those swirls all around. The straps are not bolted or glued down to the shield but attached by loops and other delicate metal pins and bolts (I say delicate in the sense they are pretty small pins but the way they are fixed looks pretty sturdy). In the third pic you can see the hole for the screw which fixes the shield to the pedestal. The brown color of the straps looks lighter in these pictures, they are actually slightly darker in real life.

2015-03-10 22.47.14.jpg 2015-03-10 22.50.17.jpg
It might be a bit difficult to see but there are some slight blemishes on the shield which you can see if get close enough. In the second photo, you can see what might be a congealed pool of excess top coat or something similar. Again, not too noticeable but you can see it if you look close enough. This might turn off some people but I find it kinda cool in a way, like it's not supposed to be "perfect". Hahaha.

2015-03-10 23.06.38.jpg 2015-03-10 23.07.20.jpg 2015-03-10 23.07.56.jpg
Here's a better look at the pedestal. It has the Captain America: The Winter Soldier logo at the bottom and from the third picture you can see a slot at the end of the arms for the bracket of the shield to slide into, as well as a hole for the screw to go into if you want to secure your shield to the pedestal (like, in case you have grabby friends or little kids coming over).
:D

Oh, did I mention it's heavy? It's prreeettttyyy heavy. The weight and the wide contact area making contact to the surface of whatever it'll be sitting on guarantees a stable sit. So, if have any worries that the shield might be blown over by a strong wind or if your cat is gonna be that jerk and knock it off your desk, don't worry. Secure it properly via the slots and your shield ain't going anywhere.

Well, I hope I covered everything. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Nice looking shield.
Lots of little details are wrong.
The swirl buffing around the copyright on the back seems to be the only real bad thing.

The center circle should be closer to 9.5"/24cm. Pretty negligible in the grand scheme. What's the overall diameter of the shield?

oh~~~ That small blemishes worry me a bit. Usually I try to find a way to clean them up and if I mess up, only thing I can do is,
applying BD effects myself:D

Both the EFX and King Arts have their pros & cons. I like the look of the EFX a bit better but prefer the construction of KA. I also like the KA stand a lot better if I had to choose between the two.

At the end of the day, if you want accuracy and details, it would be hard to do better than a Chris Fields aluminum shield or some of the other amazing products here on the RPF. Personally, I wanted an aluminum shield that retained the "metallic" qualities and shine and the combination of Chris' shield, Valor's star and General Frosty's paint is as good as it gets :)

Ideally I'd like something truly accurate to the hero shield wether it's aluminium or fiberglass.
Honestly had I known EFX was going for a stunt shield look I'm not sure I would have placed an order with them.
Then again I'm not discarding their work, most people seem very pleased with what they got and they have an amazing track record on that front and all in all I'm sure their shield is a great piece in person. That being said, based on pictures, their paint apps, the overall look they went for is not how I envision a hero shield from neither of the three movies we've seen the shield in so far. And based on the later pictures of Evans visiting those kids in a hospital in his Age Of Ultron suit, it's far off the AOU shield too (and I'm basically only talking about the paint apps here not the construction details).
I don't know, maybe my expections were too high, especially with the amazing Mjölnir EFX put out, but it pisses me off to see people say, in an awful lot of reviews, that the EFX shield looks great ... from two or three feet away. I want my props to look great even up close so yeah maybe what I want is more of an idealized version.

I'm of a similar mindset. Although it doesn't "**** me off". For me if I go by the literal definition of screen accuracy then the EFX shield is as good as it gets because it's the same mold. That being said if I could only own one shield I prefer it be a metal hero shield rather than a fiber glass stunt shield, especially if I'm shelling out over 1000.00 usd for it.

I do want a stunt shield to run and do things with but at the end of the day the biggest accuracy factor for me is that the shield is actually metal. The movie portrays a metal shield therefore if it isn't metal then it isn't accurate for my preference. When I show off my shield I feel like I would get a better wow factor by it being metal than by me saying that its fiberglass but it was made using the same mold that the movie shields were made from.

I completely agree, however I think it was pretty clear that the efx shield was a stunt shield, and it seems a lot of people are conveniently forgetting that fact to excuse their buyer's remorse. I prefer my aluminum shield as well, but if I were a "lineage" collector, you can't do better than the efx shield.

As to the smaller center ring, it makes sense seeing the overall diameter is only 23.5". To my eye though, it doesn't seem as proportional.

Ahh, about the Loki scepters...

I hope this won't miff a lot of people but I noticed something about the scepter now that it's displayed on the floor in the Wonderland store, there is a small button on the top behind the blade which I assume is to turn on and off the LED inside the blue gem. Directly behind that button is a small compartment where I assume the batteries for said LED are housed. I've included a photo as below (I've also indicated the battery compartment with a small yellow box)...

2015-03-19 19.33.34.jpg
Not sure if some people might find this a little hard to accept in what's supposed to be a licensed prop replica, as some may argue that it makes the scepter look like a cheap toy...

:facepalm

Honestly that looks pretty bad. Especially given how the scepter lies on the display stand.
I mean the scepter has a very intricate design, there is an awful lot of places where they could have hidden that switch and awful battery compartment.
It doesn't seem like they put a lot of thoughts in that design which is a shame when you see the wall mount solution they came up for their Captain America shield.

Now this is why I was lucky enough to get in on a Chris Evans TFA shield before he stopped making them. I have that and the EFX shield to display. I love the EFX shield except I really wish that even though it was supposed to be based of the stunt shield, that they would have done a better job making the star more noticeable from far away. Besides that I love it.

I just recieved my King Arts Shield yesterday. This is my first post here but I thought I would share
Alright, Finally able to get some decent photos, they aren't perfect but I thought I would share them. The shield overall is pretty amazing. It has some slight defects depending on the angle that you look at it and the lighting, but overall I am happy. It is a grail piece for me and cant wait to purchase other things to go with it like a Mjolnir. It will display great. Anyways here you go...
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I hope you enjoy them!
I also have an unboxing video

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a an amazing looking shield. The main thing that bothers me is that big copyright mark on the back.
Aside from that it looks absolutely fantastic.

Thanks for sharing those great pics. Looks amazing. Im waiting for "Classic Red Wall Mount", and I will be posting pics, too.Do you have any idea how heavy it is? (Not with the pedestal, but just shield itself)

Thanks for sharing those great pics. Looks amazing. Im waiting for "Classic Red Wall Mount", and I will be posting pics, too.Do you have any idea how heavy it is? (Not with the pedestal, but just shield itself)
I'm not sure but I'll weigh it when I get home from work.

I actually want to know if you can remove the shield from the wall mount easily? The info for both the wall mounted and the stand said you could not but clearly it is easy to unscrew from the stand. Looks like the wall mount has a back panel that hides the screws and wires.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back