King Arts International Limited - Marvel Licensed Products and more

........................... they claim is 1/1 but I saw it in person and I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that is not 1/1 scale. If it was 1/1 scale then you could imagine that the average person would be able to fit their head inside................

You are incorrect. The true full scale Iron Man helmet, per the CGI model, cannot actually fit a person's head. The helmet is just smaller than the average human head, at least for the mk 3 it is, but I'd imagine they are all that way. The suit itself is not realistically proportional for a human body to fit into, which is why in the movies the actual shots with him in an actual prop suit piece are usually from the neck up, to hide the "bobble head" effect.

I was able to preorder a wall mounted classic shield from Big Bad Toy Store for $699 plus shipping which they estimate at $80-100. I missed out on the efx shield.

I have to say, the shields look pretty nice in pics posted here by hikarub (thank you!). I'm anxiously awaiting for some indication when I might receive it.

I was able to preorder a wall mounted classic shield from Big Bad Toy Store for $699 plus shipping which they estimate at $80-100. I missed out on the efx shield.

Wow, that's not bad... oh well, I just start shopping recently, so missed eFX and first batch of KA Preorders.
I'm happy as long as I can secure one though. From Hikarub's pics, KA Shield looks gorgeous. Can't wait.

No call from King Arts yet. I gave them a call to make sure and they confirmed that my shield hadn't arrived but would call me as soon as the next shipment came in.

Happened to drop in at the Wonderland store again and saw that the Loki Chitauri scepter is now on display as well, though no price or any other details were available. I'm thinking that King Arts may have made some deals to wholesale some products that are leftover from the original run so stores like Wonderland can sell them. That could explain why only the samples can be displayed but there are no stock to sell at the moment. Some items have a "Coming soon in 2015" label attached.

2015-02-07 21.43.49.jpg 2015-02-07 21.37.02.jpg
That stand looks pretty good. The scepter was originally listed by King Arts as retailing for HK$2,980.00, and a bit cheaper for those who pre-ordered. It will probably retail for that much as the shield was listed at HK$4,200.00 and that was the original price King Arts had listed. I had seen the scepter in the King Arts store but seeing it on the floor makes it look a lot longer than I remember it. In the King Arts store it was placed on a higher shelf, around eye-level. This scepter on the floor looks like it was over a meter long (or around 3 and a half feet?).

Oh well, the wait continues...

The wait is terrible but it will be worth it KA looks like they are making some quality products can't wait to add to my collection.

Wow. Talking about the The Dark World Mjolnir on another thread, I had completely forgotten that I had already seen that hammer before on King Arts' Facebook page. They had it on display during some event in March last year:

1621857_758642144168453_1374637254_n.jpg 10012899_765615396804461_1397746330_o.jpg 10015104_758642037501797_1365960572_o.jpg

So the other stuff are pretty much already available/shipping or on pre-order, so I'm guessing that the Mjolnir will also be available to order sometime soon... I'm not sure about the face plates though, if they're supposed to be just like that or if they might be thinking about offering the full-sized helmets somewhere down the line...

About the shield though, still no call... Their Facebook page now mentions that the wall plaque version for the classic red is available for a select few now...

:(

I have the EFX avengers version of mjolnir which I am very impressed with the quality. I would say it's one of the nicest pieces in my collection. I have yet to purchase a cap shield, I might keep waiting to see better comparisons of the KA and EFX versions.

I just saw several pictures of Classic Wall Mount Ver. on eBay.
It's not a promo photo, but actual product. Looking Good!
(except production model's wood frame doesn't have bevel, and seems flat though.)

Last edited:
That pic looks great I pre ordered a EFX shield I wish I could see a pic of someone who has both next to each other for better comparison

So, here we are. After weeks of delays, I've finally gotten my shield. Apparently, the problem lay in the fact that the shop is so small that they can only keep a small quantity of the product in there and constantly have more delivered as they get picked up. Every time I went by they didn't have any. After a while the shopkeeper just told me not to bother calling and just walk in whenever I was nearby and hope that they had stock. Luckily, they had the shield inside on my third visit.

So, without any further ado:

2015-03-08 20.16.13-1.jpg 2015-03-08 20.30.35-1.jpg
The box was freaking huge! And a lot heavier than I had been led to believe. The website mentioned that the carton would weigh 10 kg (22.5 lbs)...

2015-03-08 20.31.36.jpg
As you can see, it actually weighed 17.3 kg (38.14 lbs)! And I had to lug this thing home, up 7 flights of steps (no lift in my building) *sigh*

2015-03-08 23.14.12-2.jpg
Inside was this certificate of authenticity. Strange that there was no number included (xxx of xxx number of shields produced/whatever) Meh, that's fine with me.

2015-03-08 23.41.47-1.jpg 2015-03-08 23.43.11-1.jpg 2015-03-08 23.44.01-1.jpg 2015-03-08 23.44.38-1.jpg
Here is the inner carton: top; front; back; and side

2015-03-08 23.45.47-1.jpg 2015-03-08 23.50.16-1.jpg 2015-03-08 23.58.56-1.jpg
The Shield and pedestal are packed together. I thought this was kinda odd at first. Then I realized that I couldn't remove the shield from the stand! HOLY CRAP!!!

2015-03-09 00.03.27-1.jpg 2015-03-09 00.11.55.jpg 2015-03-09 00.11.31.jpg
Okay, calm down... After a closer look, I found that the shield was secured to the pedestal with 4 screws. Once they were removed...

2015-03-09 00.17.24.jpg 2015-03-09 00.17.42-1.jpg
...Voila! Feels good on the arm, and the straps are quite comfy - except for the buckle that kinda digs into your palm after holding it in your hand for a while. The shield isn't too heavy but has a good heft to it. I reckon it weighs around 7 or 8 kgs (or 15 to 17 lbs). Most of the weight can be found in the pedestal which is quite heavy, but that makes it very sturdy as well.

2015-03-09 00.19.13.jpg 2015-03-09 00.19.00.jpg
A look at the back. The straps and brackets look good, though I'll have to ask the experts on this forum if they match the movie prop 100 percent. The MARVEL logo is also located on the back.

2015-03-09 00.20.06.jpg 2015-03-09 00.20.18.jpg 2015-03-09 00.20.54.jpg 2015-03-09 00.21.18.jpg
The colors are quite vibrant, though perhaps a little stronger than I had liked. It still looks a little glossy somewhat... I believe the movie prop is much more subdued. Also, you can see that the outline of the star and the rings are filled in in black around the grooves, which I think are not present in the efx shield or the movie prop. I kinda like it though.

The shield can be replaced on the stand without reinserting the screws, though the top brackets slide into the grooves on the pedestal to make it secure. The shield does not come with a carrying bag as the efx version does, though this shield is much heavier and would probably tear through a nylon bag.

What do you guys think?

Great pics and review! Thanks for sharing!!

I've owned the Chris Fields aluminum shield (with the more accurate back) and the Valor star painted by General Frosty. I also own the eFX shield.

This new KA shield seems to be a mashup of the two. I like that it's aluminum, but it does come off as looking rather "non metal" by the pics. It actually looks a lot like the eFX shield to me? Of course it could just be the pics. I'm sure that "in hand" my opinion could change. At first I was a little turned off by the stand, and the way it attaches, but it's actually not a bad idea.

Not thrilled with the "MARVEL" stamp on the back of the shield

I'm also not sure about the black paint in recessed areas on the shield. This certainly looks OK, but not sure how screen accurate it is?

Personally, I'm holding out for reviews of the other two shields that are coming. Any idea when they will arrive?

The straps are close, but not 100% accurate. The TFA shield had doubled-up leather, and double stitching in some areas. Not sure on TWS version. How big is that center ring with the star? It almost looks slightly small. Overall, it looks like a quality product

Thanks for sharing. Looks great!!!
I'm less concerned about screen accuracy.

So, I think Black Lines between circles are very distinctive and unique.
Same as the Star engraving. It's very clean and really "Stands Out".
Hero Shield should be like that.

Why do I think more and more that I'll regret going with the EFX shield instead of the King Arts ?
Great review and awesome pictures.
Can't wait to see their work on the next two shield.
Hell, maybe I'll go with the extreme battle damaged one.

Do you want something idealized or something truly accurate to what was on screen? If it's the latter you can't possibly do any better than the efx shield.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back