King Arts International Limited - Marvel Licensed Products and more

Hikarub: so you go to a KingsArt storefront? Or is that a reseller?

Its been loosely confirmed (I forget where) that the wall mounted Cap shield is removable. Would you be able to confirm with the shop?

Nice pics man, I think we have the mark 42 1:1 scale here in a Marvel store in a mall.. I wonder how much that would cost.. :) thanks for sharing, keep us posted!

Hikarub: so you go to a KingsArt storefront? Or is that a reseller?

Its been loosely confirmed (I forget where) that the wall mounted Cap shield is removable. Would you be able to confirm with the shop?

It's their shop (very small shop) located on the 2nd floor of the Sino Centre in Mongkok. It's their actual shop and not a reseller.

And according to the guy in the shop, both pedestal and wall-mounted shields are removable and have the same straps mounted on the back. So whichever version you purchased, you can still sling the shield onto your arm and go fight HYDRA if you so feel inclined.

The guy added that the shields will be available to those who pre-ordered in Hong Kong near the end of December. Fingers crossed!

So, a message on the King Arts Facebook page has informed us that the shields have been delayed until January. Not sure if that's due to any problems on their end but the message did say that they were committed to give the best product possible so we'll see.

A few new photos they posted:

12817_927806483918684_6479112424518756395_n.jpg10885262_927806500585349_8259834817674526612_n.jpg10858020_927806557252010_7026894868383412624_n.jpg10885221_927806613918671_8527841475190316363_n.jpg

Heard that the efx shields should be shipping soon so really interested to hear how those turn out. If you ordered one and receive it, let me know what you think!

EDIT:

Saw the Mark XLII statue again, this time at Toy Soul 2014. Pretty sure it's the same one, but you never know.

mk4201.JPG

And let's not forget about this monster....
hb00.JPG

Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:
These disappeared from Big Bad Toy Store a while ago. Does anybody know what's going on?

I'd assume that once all the shields they had available for pre-order were sold they just removed it from the listings? Just my guess.

As for updates, it seems that King Arts has been releasing their pre-orders in steps for the past few weeks. Those who pre-ordered the Shields (classic red and blue), Loki scepters, and arc reactors with wooden paladium chip boxes, are now able to go to the store to pick them up. They update their Facebook page every once in a while when they get more stock in, releasing them in stages.

The red and blue Cap shields are now available to those who pre-ordered in Hong Kong on or before May 1st (before the post was edited, they were being released to those who placed their orders on or before April 18th). I pre-ordered mine on May 10th so I still need to wait a bit. Which is fine since they did mention that it would be available by the end of January. It would seem another trip to the shop to check out what's out and take more pictures is in order...

Soon.... :devil

Have the efx shields shipped yet?

According to eFX on facebook, their container ship was loaded, sailed and docked in the States...but then there was a strike delaying unloading it. Then when it finally was unloaded, the truck that was supposed to pick up that container missed it's window. the soonest they could reschedule a pick up date was Jan 21.
sounds like they are having a heck of a time.

efx just posted a pic today, their first shipment arrived and they will be sending these out to the buyers who paid in full up front.

Yeah, visited their Facebook page just now. Glad to see that efx came through! Anyone have any thoughts about their shields? From the pics on Facebook from one of efx's customers, it seems the star on the shield is missing the segmented lines. Was that supposed to be like that due to the nature of the resin molding process or an oversight?

10410191_590578244419221_5902794882413415173_n.jpg
This is a customer pic of the shield from efx. Notice the star is looking rather bland...

10888974_10153045392474835_5517250442740178759_n.jpg10897093_10153045767884835_8423112304937129180_n.jpg
And these pics are from a customer who ordered his aluminium shield from King Arts. The star looks so much better (also the crazy reflective shine from the store prototype has thankfully been toned down - a lot).

What do you guys think?

EFX always said that their Sheild was a stunt version. I'm guessing that the attraction to the EFX version is that is has lineage to the actual stunt version. I've hear King Arts make no claim regarding the accuracy of their shields. The "prototypes" looked good but I've said before that the first weathered shield looked like a photoshop mockup of the movie poster. Anyway, people buying the EFX version should have been aware that they were buying a stunt version.

So I went for a quick look-see in the King Arts store today. Pretty much the same as usual outside, the inside was a little more crowded than normal:

2015-01-25 19.04.49.jpg
Boy, that's a big box. I'm guessing there's 2 packages in each carton, otherwise I have no idea how I'm lugging that huge thing back home when my shield is ready to pick up...

There were two different cartons sitting there, the shields (classic red and stealth blue) and the Loki scepter. The guy who is usually there was absent today so I didn't to get ask him any questions this time round.

Oh, they had a prototype figure of Ultron inside but I wasn't allowed to take a photo of it. Can't wait to see how it turns out when finished. You can see a promo shot of the figure on the King Arts Facebook page.

The outside had the same stealth blue shield on the pedestal, though I couldn't tell if it was the finished version or the resin one from before. Hard to tell in the light. They did replace the one inside on the wall plaque to a much nicer and less glossy classic red colored shield which I'm guessing is the finished version.

Hopefully, I will get a call soon. :)

At least they have the correct number of rings on the shield since the box shows too many. Thanks for the update. I'm counting on you to give proper reviews and pics before my bbts charge is due!

Just a heads up that King Arts has updated their Facebook page with photos from their booth at the 2014 Macau Toys Show.

10945047_950355258330473_6986054363015555003_n.jpg
Among the usual stuff, it seems that they actually had the finished shields on display there, as well as a few other surprises....

10612795_950355431663789_5453689220683539251_n.jpg
Holy frack, they have a Mjolnir on display, the Thor: Dark World / Avengers; Age of Ultron version! Looks like we might be seeing this bad boy sometime down the line.

Other stuff included the 1/9 scale die-cast figures and GOTG props (no Rocket Raccoon gun though).

More photos available on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.950355094997156.1073741906.662100193822649&type=1

View attachment 431265

Holy frack, they have a Mjolnir on display, the Thor: Dark World / Avengers; Age of Ultron version! Looks like we might be seeing this bad boy sometime down the line.

I wonder how this will compare to the recently announced Beast Kingdom replica. I like the Dark World version and have been waiting for an authorized replica to show up!

This KA stuff is impressive.

hikarub...do they offer other 1:1 stuff for sale? Like their Iron Man helmets or 1:1 statues?

Is anyone online still taking orders for the KA shields?

thanks!

This KA stuff is impressive.

hikarub...do they offer other 1:1 stuff for sale? Like their Iron Man helmets or 1:1 statues?

Is anyone online still taking orders for the KA shields?

thanks!

They have a number of 1/1 scale props for pre-order, though they are currently no longer available as those pre-order deadlines were quite a while back. They have the 1/1 scale arc reactor and palladium box from Iron Man 2, Loki's Chitauri scepter from The Avengers, the MK XLII brainwave / mind control device from Iron Man 3, and of course The Winter Soldier shields. They also have the MK XLII helmet wall mount that they claim is 1/1 but I saw it in person and I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that is not 1/1 scale. If it was 1/1 scale then you could imagine that the average person would be able to fit their head inside (the helmet is not hollow or wearable and permanently fixed to the wall mount) but just by looking at it you can tell that the helmet is definitely smaller than the average person's head...

You can see some photos on the first page of this thread if you haven't already.

I've only seen the 1/1 scale MK VI and MK XLII in the store but they are definitely not for sale. I would imagine that pre-orders for the KA shields are now no longer available, unless some authorized retailers still have spots to fill.

Surprise! I found the KA shield in another store near where I live in Hung Hom. The newly moved Wonderland toys and stationery store are now sporting some King Arts merchandise, though it seems they only have display pieces and don't actually have any items for sale yet. Among the goods are the shield, arc reactor and box, and the quarter scale Iron Patriot and Captain America chargers.

2015-01-28 16.20.31.jpg2015-01-28 16.21.46.jpg2015-01-28 16.22.23.jpg
The spot lights were a little bright so the details are a little hard to see. Didn't want to use the flash as I was afraid I might get spotted. Photography was not allowed in the store so I was sneaking about like a clumsy ninja. That's the box on the left and a certificate of authenticity in the center. By the way, that's an almost 1/1 scale statue of Kenshiro from Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star) in the corner of the first photo. You can't see much of him though.

2015-01-28 16.20.57.jpg
The arc reactor and palladium box again.

Thanks for the info!!

For USA buyers, what did you guys pay for this shield?

Midtown has them for $899? I seem to have read cheaper prices here?

The Rocket Racoon gun looks great. I assume that's "1:1 Rocket scale" so kinda tiny?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back