King Arts International Limited - Marvel Licensed Products and more

From ACGHK 2014
68b9cdfa61d7ae08fb0c6cced100d473.jpg

Yup, the ACGHK was a blast! Lots of toys, games, and comics all around.

Some pics I took at the King Arts booth:

DSC_0290.JPGDSC_0292.JPGDSC_0310.JPGDSC_0307.JPG

Pictures are a little crappy, forgive me... Above is the 1/1 scale bust of Groot, a 1/1 scale Iron Man MK VI armor statue, and the MK III repair/maintenance phone charger...thingy.

DSC_0293.JPGDSC_0295.JPGDSC_0298.JPGDSC_0302.JPG

Drax's daggers and Rocket's gun, as well as the thought-control interface from Iron Man 3.

DSC_0283.JPGDSC_0288.JPGDSC_0281.JPGDSC_0285.JPG

And of course the shields, though again nothing new. The stealth shield is still the same promo model from the shop, and the battle-damaged version is still a no-show. Bit disappointed that the silver limited edition shield wasn't on display anywhere either...

DSC_0306.JPGDSC_0303.JPGDSC_0309.JPG

Well, hope you liked the pictures.

Hikarub, thanks for the pictures... YOU DA MAN! No Loki Specter at the con? Did you talk to the people from KA? Is that Groot bust going for sale?

No Loki scepter at the con...unless I completely missed it...I was pretty tired by the time I got to the booth...lol.

I didn't get a chance to speak anyone from King Arts there, but I assume everything on display will be available for sale or pre-order eventually, including the Groot bust, daggers and gun. I'm guessing the MK VI won't be for sale though. It was just a centerpiece for display.

I pre-ordered the Winter Soldier blue shield (pedestal) version through Big Bad Toy Store over a week ago.

I'm looking forward to it!

LACrimeGuy

I can't tell if the shield or the glass is super reflective. I preordered an efx shield a few months ago, now I'm jealous and want this one more, it actually better.

Anyone else think the same?

It looks like the KA shields suffer from a subpar paint application. If you re-paint the the KA shield you can make it look similar to the TFA hero shield. For movie replica buffs, you won't get any more accurate than the eFX shield for Cap's shield in Avengers and TWS, as aluminum shields were not used in those movies AFAIK. My personal preference, I want my replica shield to feel and look like metal, so I get why some people are leaning towards the KA shield over eFX. But with that price difference and that paint job, it's hard to make a strong case for KA over eFX. I suppose it depends on how much of a premium you're willing to pay for a metal shield.

Oh yeah, I understand. I mean both shields look good. The efx one does look a hell of a lot more tailored after the movies. As in, there is a lot less shine. Having ordered the efx one a couple of months ago, I might stick with it over the KA one.

I guess we'll see what the final look of the shield will be once they're available. As is, we know the King Arts shield which is available to look at is still a prototype. The look is quite different from the promo version on their Facebook page:

King Arts Facebook Page:
04.jpg

My photo in the shop window:
2014-06-06 18.34.10.jpg

It's quite possible that the shield will look less shiny and more like the one used in the movie later.

I pre ordered the stealth shield wall mounted version via an eBay shop about 4 weeks ago and was told it will be available the last quarter of 2014 , really looking forward to getting it, wasn't a huge fan at first but it kind of grows on you .

I also ordered from BigBadToyStore. I'm looking forward to the battle damaged one on the pedestal. I might even go for the pristine Red & Blue on the wall mount. Someone had mentioned they come with both options for display but you must choose one...or buy another shield.

im really hoping the weathering of the battle damaged one looks great. Has anyone seen a prototype of that one yet?

So, I went back to the store today. I hadn't been for a while due to the protests and much of the roads being closed. Seems alright now though, so no worries.

None of the pre-orders are out yet but it didn't hurt to have a look around again. Here are some photos:

2014-11-08 15.29.52.jpg

Die-cast 1/9 scale Iron Man MKXLII and sofa. Pre-order available now (the sofa is seperate).

2014-11-08 15.30.05.jpg

The Captain America: The Winter Soldier stealth shield is now displayed in the window. I thought it was the finished one but then I saw that they had merely swapped the red & blue shield instead. Now the stealth shield is on the pedestal and the red & blue is on the wall plaque. The red & blue still sports the shiny gloss finish though...

2014-11-08 15.33.15.jpg No word on when the shields will be finished.

Nothing new to add really.

2014-11-08 15.32.46.jpg

The quarter scale mark III charger is looking pretty neat. I believe the pre-order ended already but the sign still says "pre-order" in the window so go figure.

2014-11-08 15.33.51.jpg

The 1/1 mark VI previously displayed at the ACGHK 2014 is now in the shop. No idea where the mark XLII from before went.

I'm dying to see an image of the battle damages shield. Anyone seen it yet?
No demo or prototype so far. The only pictures available are from their facebook page:

11.jpg14.jpg13.jpg12.jpg

Again, we'll have to wait and see if the finished shield looks as good as this.

Interestingly enough, there is an Instagram account by the name of TOYSDAILY and the user has photos of the battle-damaged shield as well as the red & blue. Not sure about the red & blue but the battle-damaged shield looks exactly like the one from King Arts.

Hmmmmm.........

Thanks. I had seen those but I think they are photoshop images. I don't think we've actually seen a prototype yet at all. If you look at the scoring closely you will see that they took the exact scratches and damage from the movie poster and replicated them several times on the shield. They would have needed to replicate the weathering because the shield on the poster was half in darkness.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back