Game of Thrones inspired Dragon Skull 2014 Jun-Jul Sculpture Contest Entry

Getting very close to finishing the sculpt! Two more horns me some touch up and it will be done :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403580049.585269.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403580070.951439.jpg

Dirty Moose Design

Very cool looking sculpt. In the books, dragonbone is black. Will you finish it that way or a more traditional bone look?

Just had an awesome idea to mount the final painted casting on a trophy mount that can be hung on the wall....dragon hunter style!

Dirty Moose Design

Just had an awesome idea to mount the final painted casting on a trophy mount that can be hung on the wall....dragon hunter style!

Dirty Moose Design

Well that would be appropriate also because didn't the Throne room of royal palace in Kings Landing also once have dragon heads (skulls) mounted all along the walls?

I have been following this progress for a while and I am extremely excited that you mentioned a possible kickstarter! Being an artist myself, pretty sure I am not going to afford even a cast of this babe....but would love to assist the amount need as much as I can! Casting is horribly expensive and I love to see talented artists being able to accomplish it!

Also, what brand of clay are you using? I would assume it's a type of epoxy?

I have been following this progress for a while and I am extremely excited that you mentioned a possible kickstarter! Being an artist myself, pretty sure I am not going to afford even a cast of this babe....but would love to assist the amount need as much as I can! Casting is horribly expensive and I love to see talented artists being able to accomplish it!

Also, what brand of clay are you using? I would assume it's a type of epoxy?

Thanks very much! I hope to launch something within the next two weeks and I hope to have castings available for a very reasonable price for the kickstarter.

The clay is called Monster Makers clay and is amazing!

Dirty Moose Design

Thanks very much! I hope to launch something within the next two weeks and I hope to have castings available for a very reasonable price for the kickstarter.

The clay is called Monster Makers clay and is amazing!

Dirty Moose Design
Aahh! I have been itching to test monster makers out! Now I think I will, since it must translate to large scale stuff pretty well.

Beautiful work, again!

Would you sell the Dragon w/out the wall mount? I would love to display it on a rod so that you can walk around the entire thing.

Lastly, would you offer them unpainted? I'm a painter myself and would love to weather him on my own. :)

Would you sell the Dragon w/out the wall mount? I would love to display it on a rod so that you can walk around the entire thing.

Lastly, would you offer them unpainted? I'm a painter myself and would love to weather him on my own. :)

Yup I will offer all three options!

Dirty Moose Design

Finished! The sculpture anyway :) thanks for following so far! this has been a really fun sculpt to produce and i cant wait to make a mold and cast some resin parts for this bad boy... I might do a kickstarter campaign to raise money for the molding because this is a personal project. I will Post the details later on!

These photos are my final submission for the June/July sculpture contest.

Cheers!

That looks awesome! Really came out very nice. If you ever offer any finished copies in glossy black, I'd love to get one.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back