Attaching strap to latex - Updated with final project pics!

EvilOverlord

Hey all,

I'm coming to the end of a sculpt/latex project, and really need to figure out how I'm attaching bra straps to it. It's basically a sculpted bra top, made from slush latex.

The bra straps I usually use have a hook on each end, meant to slide into a loop of fabric. Can I just glue a loop of fabric onto the latex, and if so... what kind of glue would work for that? It needs to be really strong: not only is it to hold the bra in place on her body, but she's a D or DD cup, so there is gravity to consider as well.

If fabric won't glue cleanly/strongly on to latex, what other options are there? Brush/soak the fabric strip/loop in latex and letting it cure before making a loop from it, and then attaching THAT? if so, what kind of glue?

I'm really new to latex, and haven't had to glue anything to it yet. Sorry if this is a dumb question!

Last edited:
Re: Attaching strap to latex?

latex is self-adhering so my suggestion would be to sew the straps you want to use on to a piece off 4 by 4 cheese cloth ( or burlap) at the ends. soak the cheesecloth in your latex and while wet adhere to the area of the bra you want the Strap to attach.allow sufficient time to dry and add more treated cheese cloth as needed to reinforce for strength.

good luck

Definitely the best way is to integrate the cloth loops into the latex itself. Once you have the detail layers in the latex piece put in the cloth loop and carry on with the latex until you have your full thickness. As chazdragon suggested a loose weave cloth sewn to the loop will secure it better by letting the latex penetrate. The only glue I know of that works is contact cement sold for shoe repair normally.

Thanks for the help!

After a lot of reading on this forum, I went with contact adhesive, and then backed it up with a "bandage" of fabric that I'd soaked in latex. Worked like a charm!

Here's the result: my "Smaug" shirt!

IMG_9196_quickedit.JPGIMG_9198_quickedit.JPGIMG_9297_quickedit.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back