*Finished *Halo 4 Gravity Hammer pepakura Pep

SwedishNinja

Hey all, just wanted to post progress for my Halo 4 Gravity hammer for Denver Comic Con next week.

Here is my Master Chief costume from last year.

bvl1ACI.jpg
So far I have constructed the Pep models of the hammer, blade, and top shaft. The rest I will be constructing from scratch.

11.5 US men's shoe for scale ( I was out of bananas)
LIAszf1.jpg

I plan on putting in Lights and a record able speaker kit from radio shack.

9V Recording Module - RadioShack.com

Its just a 9V recording unit that you can record and then play back the sound. I will record the sound of the Gravity hammer and then put the speaker in the head behind one of the vents or nubs on the front.

Ill post more pics as I complete it, feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Last edited:
Re: Halo 4 Gravity Hammer pepakura Pep

Do you plan on putting a trigger in the handle so you can swing and give people the giant BOOOSH whenever you like?

Do you plan on putting a trigger in the handle so you can swing and give people the giant BOOOSH whenever you like?

Thats the plan. Rewire the speaker and run the wires up to the hammer and then have the button/trigger in the handle for Booshing.

Cool project. I'm just curious though: Why use pep? In my experience and just by the design of the hammer itself, would'nt it be much easier to use wood, EVA, or MDF? Pep seems like alot of hastle to me...Just curious! :)

Last edited:

PS I'm very curious what pep files you used for your master cheif suit! I read your whole thread a while back and cant remember whether you said which files you used...if they are available, could you PM me? or just quote me on this post? Im frustrated trying to find a good file and your armor is spectacular.

Cool project. I'm just curious though: Why use pep? In my experience and just by the design of the hammer itself, would'nt it be much easier to use wood, EVA, or MDF? Pep seems like alot of hastle to me...Just curious! :)

Honestly I am not nearly as talented and artistic as some of you guys so I need a little bit more direction. Pep gives me that jump and then after I have the basis I can get a bit more creative with my problem solving like figuring out how to strap armor, light it up, add fans, pad it, etc...

as for the files I use, I got them all from Pepakura File Index - Halo Costuming Wiki under Mark VI, they are the HD files.

Few updates. I have fiberglassed the hammer, put metal plates on the back of it where I mounted the reinforced PVC I am ready to add the blade, side plates, primer and paint, then add lights and details. I only have until friday to complete this for Denver Comic con so wish me luck.

20140610_192731.jpg20140610_192746.jpg20140610_205224.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back