Iron Man - Mark 37 "Hammerhead" Build (Fully Built!!!)

Kryro

Hey Guys.....

So after the Success of my recent Mark 30 "Blue Steel" Build I thought id toy around with another suit - but this time a suit that could actually fit me aswell as be a statue
Again, I went down the route of a suit that hardly anyone has built, just because I like originality, I agree the Marks: 3,4,6 and 7 are awesome suits, it just seems hundreds of people make them
The Project was either going to be the Hammerhead, Red Snapper or Nightclub, I decided to wait on the Nightclub because there are better files than the ones I currently have coming soon, And the red snapper.... well that is just a monster of a project ahaa
Anyway... Here we go - This thread will be very Pic Heavy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Used the Cardstock Hammerhead Helmet I made last year for my Helmet thread (Because why waste it)
20130615_202728_zps9310acf7.jpg

Since this helmet had a coat of Resin on it - the original plan was to Bondo it and finish it that way, However as production went on I decided to rebuild the Helmet in Cardboard the same as the rest of the suit, also because the original paper helmet was Low-poly it just made sense to upgrade it and try and get it cleaner....

And So...Enter Helmet v2
IMAG0568_zps44d8458e.jpg
IMAG0566_zpseb1c133a.jpg

Im Rather Happy with the v2 Helmet, its very clean
So moving on...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Torso --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMAG0496_zps1f1993cb.jpgIMAG0500_zps5b5d4c3d.jpgIMAG0501_zps674d3ae8.jpg

And of course i couldnt resist tryig it on - Luckily i can get the suit on without modifaction needed - but i may add some buckles and hinges etc later

IMAG0507_zpsbae314c9.jpgIMAG0540_zpsc9059aea.jpgIMAG0539_zpsb1b82f8e.jpg

It made up for me not being able to fit into the Blue Steel suit :p
I dont think i got many shots of the arm while it was being contructed but ill have a look ;)

IMAG0553_zps8f6eabc4.jpgIMAG0556_zps6d514a3e.jpgIMAG0549_zps15c54427.jpgIMAG0516_zps76f480d2.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Where I'm at Now ------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as it stands i have the Upper Torso, Both Arms, the Helmet, and 1 Boot/Shin complete... and ive run out of my good cardboard :mad: Ill be getting more soon

IMAG0546_zps2ecc8917.jpgIMAG0551_zps55473f66.jpg

With the Boot - im still reconfiguring the "Inner Part" between the boot and shin as the file had some discreptencies in that area - but ill make it work

IMAG0548_zpscab3b64b.jpgIMAG05652_zps174ec0bd.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Some Fun Shots i just needed to do --------------------------------------------------------------------

Lens Flare Fools :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to @PepCowboy for the Awesome files and also thanks to @synistergiggles for the inspiration for me doing this suit

Please feel free to comment, critique and commend if you like :D

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man - Mark 37 "Hammerhead" Build (W.I.P)

Excellent work dude! I lost some steam on my project but I'm gonna keep a close eye on your progress,excited to see it finished! Keep it up

i will be never tired to say this is just awesome by the way can you move the arm freely?

Last edited:

Excellent work dude! I lost some steam on my project but I'm gonna keep a close eye on your progress,excited to see it finished! Keep it up

I also lost some steam after making the torso - but I think my issue is mainly due to space, or more accurately my lack of space. But I was following your thead and it gave me the inspiration to try this suit :D so ill hopefully do ya proud ahaa

i will be never tired to say this is just awesome by the way can you move the arm freely?

Thanks mate - Right now no I cant but I will bee modifying the elbow once I have everything built.
Ive got the mechanism all planed out ahaa :D

Well done! Its smazing how smooth some people can make cardboard look. I cant wait to see it done.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Your work with cardboard is awesome... loved the MK30. Subscribed....

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Well done! Its smazing how smooth some people can make cardboard look. I cant wait to see it done.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Your work with cardboard is awesome... loved the MK30. Subscribed....

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, means a lot :D
And When I get some more of my good cardboard production shall continue steadily - the next part ill do I reckon will be the Thighs so I can get the Iconic Punch the Floor Ironman pose!!

Does anyone know anymore "Iconic" Ironman poses - apart from the Punch the ground one? I want some more awesome photos ;)

Bring down the hammer!
nice start, fast too
Thanks mate - the build is almost done now!! :D (see below)

I feel like this is a great iconic Iron man pose :p hehehehehe

Haha... Hell, it's Teddy Stark!!!!

Errm I don't know how to respond to that lmao!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Update 03/06/14 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I managed to get my hands on 1 more of my "special boxes" so I thought id tackle the last "big section" - The Abs/Cod
I am disappointed I could not fit in this section - However I was wearing quite baggy tracksuit trousers so ill try again tomorrow ahaa
But here we go

Not entirely happy with the front abs section - but ill live for a while - but I love the back :D
Now tomorrow I need to figure out a way to join the upper and lower torso while still allowing decent movement :eek:

Re: Iron Man - Mark 37 "Hammerhead" Build (75% Built)

Very tempting ;)
Thanks guys, its much appreciated :D

i think the best iconic Iron man pose will be red snapper power pose i think you should try it for hammerhead

Hot+Toys+Iron+Man+3+Red+Snapper+6.jpg

Last edited:

So I wont be putting on the torso for a while
Due to the Nature of Cardboard I need to join the Upper and Lower torso for hardening so when I separate the 2 pieces in the future they will fit together nicely
In a way I wish it was like foam where I could easily bend it into shape, but CB is way more stubborn!

i think the best iconic Iron man pose will be red snapper power pose i think you should try it for hammerhead

Yeah ill have a shot at that pose - It will have to be after I
1) Harden the Entire Torso so I can separate it back into 2 pieces
2) Figure out what im doing for the end of the forearms/Fingers - as the Hammerhead doesn't use any palms (LUCKY ME) - butt I have some plans to incorporate a nice repulsor :D

The other 2 shots I have in mind are (Of course) The infamous "Punch the Floor" pose (But I may have to do this with just the arms and legs - well see
And the Iron man 3 Poster shot with the arms and shins on

Also synistergiggles - How (if you did) did you articulate the boot?

Last edited by a moderator:

Couple of shots of the current bust - I am redo-ing the Ab plates as I wasn't happy with how the first ones came out.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back