Back to the Future 2015 Jacket

MrTeal

I've started a build of the 2015 jacket with the illusive red material. These are the results of my initial test. I would like to make some darker colour on the back layer and a slightly less saturated red.

Thanks to research and advice on rpf this was pretty easy. I have a large mould ready for pouring next week.

mm1.jpgmm2.jpgmm3.jpgmm4.jpg

That looks really good. Is it large enough to make the back of the jacket without the need for a centre seam?

Thanks cavx, I am wanting to make a replica that looks similar to the film. I have a larger mould and I don't intend to put a seam in the centre.
I've noticed that there are seams in the sides and on the top; I might even use one piece with only seams on the top.

I revised the mix again and this just hatched:

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

It was a much larger sample so it still needs refinement.

Again, that looks sensational.

This is my vest portion. I will paint it red soon.
10300446_10152386182868841_5426555182202024550_n.jpg

I want to test some wet suit material for the collar and pockets. Not sure if it will work, but seems to be the correct thickness and it can be cut to shape without the need to seam the ends. I have some light grey on hand, but I think the stuff I have is too light and it will need to be painted or dyed.

I intend to make my sleeves out of a grey vinyl "leatheret" and will have to sew all the bellows because I want mine to expand.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back