Does anyone recognize this Obi Wan TPM lightsaber?

manooga

A member here offered it in the Junkyard and on eBay, where I grabbed it a month ago. At first instance I thought it was a Larbel, but now I'm not sure. Does anyone know?

I've already made some changes to it as usual.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Possibly a Larbel, based on how the cutout below the black grip was made, the pommel cubes not being angled and the beams of the emitter shroud having a curved detail where it meets the emitter cone ... but other saber makers may have done the same interpretations. The "collar" above the grip matches some Larbel - I think it was revised in later sabers.
Do the grooves in the black parts of the emitter have a triangular profile?

Possibly a Larbel, based on how the cutout below the black grip was made, the pommel cubes not being angled and the beams of the emitter shroud having a curved detail where it meets the emitter cone ... but other saber makers may have done the same interpretations. The "collar" above the grip matches some Larbel - I think it was revised in later sabers.
Do the grooves in the black parts of the emitter have a triangular profile?

I think they do.

image.jpg

Did Latbel obi The Phantom Menace hilts have the pommel cubes in pieces? I always remember his versions with the cubes as part of one single ring.

The LEDs and knurled buttons are not any help since a lot of collectors ended up upgrading the obi hilts with improved parts. So hard to know what was original.

Could be the Italian one. I wish I could remember his name!

I sold one a few years ago, looks a lot like it.

Definitely not a Larbel. His didn't come apart like that, especially at the bottom pommel. Didn't Darth Hez do a run ?

I am so curious...who was the Italian one ? This is my favorite lightsaber and thought I knew of all the ones out there.

I wish I could remember his name but Enrico doesn't ring a bell. I bought a lot of stuff from him before my time at the RPF. He also did the Qui Gon saber and I think I also got my first set of Vader cape and robe from him.

Hello guys,
unfortunately I am not that Enrico and I've never heard of an italian sabersmith, sorry.
Anyway...I'll do my best and a search!
Cheers

10943002_775535149192426_166508357536002898_o.jpg

Hi Folks here is a Larbel, no EL version.
As mentioned the emitter slope is quite rounded, and the pommel is rouded not just a slope.
The cubes are not tapered.
The is a kind of polish (probably by vibration table , not sure)on all aluminum body.
Black areas are anodized sanded aluminum.
The white emitter+body is a solid part, the black emitter comes apart.
The pommel is two parts screw on, holding the cubes all 6 cut in a sigle aluminum ring.
the black body comes apart once the covertec is removed, the plain white inside core is solid and sealed in black grenade body.
the "leds" are hollow aluminum cones with no plastic at all, riveted on emitter.
the yellow button has no thread and a steel ball on middle.

Well I've found another sabermaker's webpage who also did a Qui-Gon as Kurtyboy suggested and according to the date of the site it's between 1999 - 2002 ... it's Obi-Steve's Workshop as per request here's the link : http://www.aikarin.com/obisteve/ow.html ... however he claimed those sabers were not for sale ... and I could not figure out if he was Italian either :unsure

Chaim

There was a guy from Italy that offered an Obi wan and a Qui Gon saber. This will take some serious thinking to remember his name.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back