3D printing - T-800 Bust.

This looks great! A lot of work, but it is really paying off.

I assume you're going to make the chip port/module actually working? Since the 3D printing gives you the ability to incorporate it into the design?

In the interest of time, probably not, it's a lot more work than it might seem. I think someone on RPF made a 3D printed port and chip, if it's shared somewhere I'd consider adding that model to mine, but I just need to finish this.

Also, I'm basing this off the T1 endo, the ports are different between the two films, and there's a scale cheat in the film where they remove it. The sideshow endos with removable chips scaled up the port hole, it's inaccurate to both films.

This looks great! A lot of work, but it is really paying off.

I assume you're going to make the chip port/module actually working? Since the 3D printing gives you the ability to incorporate it into the design?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing new here, just playing with the render. I really need to fix the distance between the bottom of the nasal cavity and the top gum line. render_03.jpg

Last edited:
In the interest of time, probably not, it's a lot more work than it might seem. I think someone on RPF made a 3D printed port and chip, if it's shared somewhere I'd consider adding that model to mine, but I just need to finish this.

Also, I'm basing this off the T1 endo, the ports are different between the two films, and there's a scale cheat in the film where they remove it. The sideshow endos with removable chips scaled up the port hole, it's inaccurate to both films.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing new here, just playing with the render. I really need to fix the distance between the bottom of the nasal cavity and the top gum line.View attachment 501671

That particular distance seem pretty correct.
There's still the missing indent in the chin(red) and hole below the eye socket should be a little farther out. And also your teeth might be a little big.
details_zpsgl6pt0dc.jpg

Also next to the eye:
indent_zpshse1qb1d.jpg

this little hole

Still the best CG endo :D AND a trillion times better than the latest Sideshow T-800 bust they presented at SDCC :facepalm

Thanks, I agree about the missing, or misplaced details. What is that endoskull you posted in the comparison? I've seen it before, but proportionally, it looks completely wrong. It's too round, the cheekbones too wide and the jaw too narrow?

There's still the missing indent in the chin(red) and hole below the eye socket should be a little farther out. And also your teeth might be a little big.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn179/Termivader/details_zpsgl6pt0dc.jpg

Also next to the eye:
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn179/Termivader/indent_zpshse1qb1d.jpg
this little hole

Still the best CG endo :D AND a trillion times better than the latest Sideshow T-800 bust they presented at SDCC :facepalm

Thanks, I agree about the missing, or misplaced details. What is that endoskull you posted in the comparison? I've seen it before, but proportionally, it looks completely wrong. It's too round, the cheekbones too wide and the jaw too narrow?

That particular one is an ICONS, which is identical to the one Timeless offered and it comes directly from a screen used T2 skull. The details are usually not perfectly sharp unlike the prototype they made. But overall that is how "round" it is supposed to be. Compare that to the one Sideshow (freakshow) released :p

Sorry guys, I totaly missed that. :)

Can't see everything :p
You see that little hole near the nose bridge that I pointed out in my earlier post... I myself didn't really notice that on my M1 skull, also it's only on the left side, not on the right. Not a single skull(replica, screen used or whatever) gets everything "right".

The screen caps in this thread from the films don't look like that. It's also off compared to an M1.

That particular one is an ICONS, which is identical to the one Timeless offered and it comes directly from a screen used T2 skull. The details are usually not perfectly sharp unlike the prototype they made. But overall that is how "round" it is supposed to be. Compare that to the one Sideshow (freakshow) released :p

Still missing Jaw Pistons and a few other bits, but getting there... Keyshot render. I've never liked full shiny chrome.

View attachment 403407

Looks incredible!!!

Can you verify the outward angle of his teeth? It might be the render and lighting effect, but it seems to be like the phenomenon where there are too many teeth in one's mouth, so the teeth have no space so they start growing outward.

I'm not well-studied on Terminator skulls, but the teeth in this seem to be straighter.

randa_016_03.jpg

I would probably love to sculpt an Arnold at some point , and it would be spectacular if the teeth were accurate and correlated with a theoretical flesh appearance. :)

Thanks, I'll be using dental acrylics, so the teeth in the renders are just place holders

Looks incredible!!!

Can you verify the outward angle of his teeth? It might be the render and lighting effect, but it seems to be like the phenomenon where there are too many teeth in one's mouth, so the teeth have no space so they start growing outward.

I'm not well-studied on Terminator skulls, but the teeth in this seem to be straighter.

http://t-800.jp/web/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/randa_016_03.jpg

I would probably love to sculpt an Arnold at some point , and it would be spectacular if the teeth were accurate and correlated with a theoretical flesh appearance. :)

Regarding the Icons skull, this is from the T-Studio website

"This was the first Endoskull replica to be marketed.
Unlike other mass-production replicas from other manufacturers that followed, the Icons Endoskull was finished one by one. The chrome plating quality is one of the best.
The drawback is the shape of the skull; since it wasn’t based off of a prop mold but molded from scratch, the shape is somewhat unnatural. Also, the eyes are made of red resin and not translucent, so it doesn’t look cool when the eyes are not glowing. As the M1 kit designer himself has mentioned, the inner mechanics on the side of the skull were copied from the M1 kit without consent.But Icons does deserve the credit for being the first one to market a life-size skull that maniacs worldwide had longed for.
I received a B-grade model from a Japanese collector that didn’t have the chrome finish, but I was amazed at the high level of detail"

http://t-800.jp/web/en/collection/11-scale-t800-endoskull-icons

So, yeah, that makes sense, wasn't taken from a mold, shape is off.

Last edited:
Looking at your post again, this is a case of asymmetry in the original, and other replicas. My placement is closer to the placement on the right side of an M1, which differs from the left that you've circled. You can see it in this pic, right side of skull (screen left)

http://t-800.jp/web/en/collection/11-scale-terminator-endoskeleton-skull-m1

That little detail is at the lowest point in the curve on that eye / cheekbone plate. Even the shape of that panel / plate is slightly different on each side, the shape I've used, is the most aesthetic average of the two. (in my opinion)

That sort of issue will occur in a number of places as part of refining and symmetrising the wonky shapes of the source material.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn179/Termivader/details_zpsgl6pt0dc.jpg

Last edited:
Regarding the Icons skull, this is from the T-Studio website

"This was the first Endoskull replica to be marketed.
Unlike other mass-production replicas from other manufacturers that followed, the Icons Endoskull was finished one by one. The chrome plating quality is one of the best.
The drawback is the shape of the skull; since it wasn’t based off of a prop mold but molded from scratch, the shape is somewhat unnatural. Also, the eyes are made of red resin and not translucent, so it doesn’t look cool when the eyes are not glowing. As the M1 kit designer himself has mentioned, the inner mechanics on the side of the skull were copied from the M1 kit without consent.But Icons does deserve the credit for being the first one to market a life-size skull that maniacs worldwide had longed for.
I received a B-grade model from a Japanese collector that didn’t have the chrome finish, but I was amazed at the high level of detail"

http://t-800.jp/web/en/collection/11-scale-t800-endoskull-icons

So, yeah, that makes sense, wasn't taken from a mold, shape is off.

and this source says the opposite:
""ARTIST PROOF 1:1 Scale TERMINATOR Endoskull Prop Replica Made by ICONS

These were the FIRST Terminator Endo-Skull made
Icons Authentic Replicas, Inc.: The Terminator ENDO SKULL.
This one-to-one replica is molded from an original Endo Skull used in filming, and is made with archival materials. Icons' Endo Skull features: illuminated, hand-set, red LED eyes; acrylic, hand-set-teeth; brilliantly chrome plated(cold to the touch) just as the original. Made from injected polyurethane with "super-bright" red LED eyes and custom acrylic teeth. Electro-plated chroming."
:facepalm

Looking at your post again, this is a case of asymmetry in the original, and other replicas. My placement is closer to the placement on the right side of an M1, which differs from the left that you've circled. You can see it in this pic, right side of skull (screen left)

http://t-800.jp/web/en/collection/11-scale-terminator-endoskeleton-skull-m1

Yeah, it is definitely asymmetrical! :lol

A broken/battle damaged Vader helmet with a terminator Arnie behind it...? ;)

Ha, ok... the internet disagrees with itself. Not sure I need it verified though, my eyes are telling me it's inaccurate.

and this source says the opposite:
""ARTIST PROOF 1:1 Scale TERMINATOR Endoskull Prop Replica Made by ICONS

These were the FIRST Terminator Endo-Skull made
Icons Authentic Replicas, Inc.: The Terminator ENDO SKULL.
This one-to-one replica is molded from an original Endo Skull used in filming, and is made with archival materials. Icons' Endo Skull features: illuminated, hand-set, red LED eyes; acrylic, hand-set-teeth; brilliantly chrome plated(cold to the touch) just as the original. Made from injected polyurethane with "super-bright" red LED eyes and custom acrylic teeth. Electro-plated chroming."

You mean the M1 is too flat on top?

Are the issues with sideshow the teeth and oversized port?

Yep, it is a bit squashed. It can be corrected (more or less) with a blowdryer and some careful bending.

Those are two among many dozen of other stuff. Very elongated ugly piece. Look at it this way, it has no connection to the real thing.
Not my photo but have a look:
comparisonfe2.jpg
I wouldn't want either one, even if I got it for free much less pay money it.

The new, larger bust looks great, I'd like to build more than just the skull, I've never liked the bases from SS, or HCG

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/terminator-the-terminator-sideshow-collectibles-400219/

The "idea" looks great but their product looks like something that belongs in the trash. Missing so many details, the whole thing is so far off their older endoskull is better. The wide neck pistons are a frakkin' joke :facepalm

Ha, ok... the internet disagrees with itself. Not sure I need it verified though, my eyes are telling me it's inaccurate.

I think the latter is to make it sell better, I agree with you. It is ugly.
The new sideshow bust is inaccurate aswell as The Terminator said. For example the lower teeth are following the outer line of the jaw, they should curve more inwards at the back.

So you are going to make a bust aswell? I'm looking forward to the result!

I noticed a few small other details which are missing, maybe you already planned to do them, but I will mention them anyway. :)

Photo from left to right:
1. The triangular shapes under the nose I talked about earlier are a bit recessed, and I found a photo. Hopefully it is clearer now?
2. There is a small line (see arrow) on the left side of the skull which isn't on the right side.
3. The jawpistons are positioned in a hole in the jaw which are angled down a bit.
4. In the nose are two small holes (photo is from the M1 skull but there are also there on the T1 skull used in the movie).

details.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back