Not your average 1/72 Fine Molds Millennium Falcon build

Smitty505000

Hello all,

I started this project about 2 years ago when I saw Hackers (name right?) 1/72 Rebel Hanger Diorama. I was so inspired and wanted to build my version of it. Then life got in the way and its been sitting till about two weeks ago. I am no longer building the hanger but doing something very different with the Falcon. I have only completed a couple models in my life and have had to do a ton of research into everything from electronics to painting and weathering and have had some real frustrating moments where I had to take some time to solve technical and design problems. I am a 3d mechanical designer drafter by day so it helps a lot. I had to design and fabricate some parts on my 3d printer for this build. Its not done yet but its to a point where I can show what I have been working on. Let me know what you think :)

Video link:
YouTube

Smitty505000

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, should be uploaded by 6:45pm in about 40 minutes.

Smitty505000

pretty cool, I want something similar for my conversion of the large toy mf. I also want a full interior. I don't want the push button ir control or the belly turret, but lights etc, yeah :)

That certainly is not the average Millennium Falcon. Most excellent! Gotta love that landing ramp, it must me quite crowded with the mechanics beneath the hull.

Smitty505000;3320743 <a href="http://youtu.be/Mlfyv2Hvbj8" target="_blank">[media=youtube said:
Mlfyv2Hvbj8[/media]

Smitty505000
Took the liberty to embed it here ;) Easy to do with the "frames" button above the editor window, second from the right ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
SUPER COOL... I don't even what to think how much time and cash went into all those Servos and such... Probably a lot more time than cash but still.... the belly gun is Freaking genius!

Jedi Dade

Thanks guys! I'm just a padawn but I'm very pleased with it so far. I am going to try and add some venting underneath like when it landed at Cloud City and on top where the sparks are when Han yells "shut it down!" Have all the parts ordered to test out a propel can or CO2 system. 12Vdc solenoid valve, regulator, fittings, hose, ect. Will be posting some more soon. How about an inside photo for now? :)

IMG_0153[1].JPG

Smitty505000

Genius! C3P0's eyes were good, and then you spring the gun on us! Really excellent work. I just feel a little sad that it doesn't fly! - MKII perhaps?

Usually, I find sound effects on models to be hokey.

BUT NOT ON THIS THING! Seriously master work. Your's is--hands down-- the coolest MF I've ever seen! The sound effects with the animation work together brilliantly. That drop down gun is going to haunt my dreams. You've taken electronics to a whole new level.

--Alex

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back