Dishonored Bone Charm

The Schlitzie

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi RPF community! I've been wanting to make one of these since I first played the game. I've seen other versions but they weren't too accurate, and I wanted mine to be based off the schematics found in game. Here's the version I'm using as a template:

Still in the VERY early stages but I wanted to start my build thread to motivate myself to see the project through to finish.

Neat! I'm interested to see what you have in store for this. What materials do you plan on using for this build?

Thanks drjag, The main portion is going to be the 2 styrene pieces. The top one I heated up and formed the arms down (which is why I cut them a little long) I have a piece of pvc tube cut that I epoxied in the center to give it strength and I'll probably just fill in with bondo. The whale bone parts I'm planning on making with some wooden dowels with shattered ends (we'll see how well that works out) and the detail in the connectors will most likely be pvc or washers or something,lol. I want to run small metal rods through the buckle parts so that they can pivot as well.

Neat! I'm interested to see what you have in store for this. What materials do you plan on using for this build?

It's pretty rough at the moment but I'll clean it up when I fill in the little clasp arm parts. I'm thinking it might look weird to some since most that played the game are used to the flat model. So I'm going to put the eyelet detail on both sides and make it so that I can display it facing either way.

Last edited:
Thanks Gombabomb!

Off to a good start. : )

I love them too! After this one I might try to tackle a rune charm. But I'll be using a proper river rock for mine I think. Clay would be quicker for making a bone charm, but I wanted to get some real crisp lines on mine and I don't think I'd be able to do it in that medium.

Yay! I love the dishonored props! Can't wait to follow the progress! I'm trying to sculpt these out of clay

A little slow going on this prop, but I have made progress. I still need to clean up my lines with files and carve in the runes on the bones but it's slowly moving forward.

It's all just sitting together (not epoxied) that's why it looks weird. The bone portions will be raised a bit, but you get the idea. I also need to start on the top part and fabricate the clasps.

I also plan on carving in some rune details on the top part after seeing someone's drawing of a bone charm. I'm not suer if the detail is actually int the game model or concept art somewhere or not.

Progress on this has been slow, but I'm getting there. I never thought there would be so much work making something so small. I am making everything with a dremel and by hand. Next project I think I will turn one of my drills into a homemade lathe as I've seen others here do.

I might extend the arms slightly (The clasps will be further out as well) and add another seam line along the top left nib part. The angle of the picture makes it look like the top left part is huge but that is not how it looks in person (I need to take some beauty shots from a distance when it's all done) Also I need to fabricate the clasps and find something that works for the center detail. I'm still debating whether to put the runes into the top or not. I can't wait to start painting this thing! That's the part of the build that I really enjoy!

Last edited:
Um, I believe it's called a ball sphere diamond bit. If I put the runes into the nib part I'll probably go with a diamond bur bit instead. The diamond bur bits get nice detail I've found but, in the bones (wooden dowels) they just tear it up too much.

What dremel bits have you been using for the engraving?

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking about it before I assemble everything. I've been doing a bit of research as I haven't cast anything before, but this seemed like a nice small project to try it out on. I'll let you know if I do.

If you cast these count me in for one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg! I opened this because it's dishonored....but then I saw who the creator was. XD nice to see you again, and off of dA!

This looks great, btw. Totally subscribing.

Oh hey!:D hehe! I didn't know you were on the RPF! Yeah, I haven't really done anything on dA in ages.

I will expect builds from you now on here, lol;

Omg! I opened this because it's dishonored....but then I saw who the creator was. XD nice to see you again, and off of dA!

This looks great, btw. Totally subscribing.

Oh hey!:D hehe! I didn't know you were on the RPF! Yeah, I haven't really done anything on dA in ages.

I will expect builds from you now on here, lol;
I didn't know either! Lol jk, I JUST started my prof on here. Still settling in. :3

I don't want to take up your build post with messages though! Can we be friends? Are there friends on here? How do I RPF? T-T

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back