Star Wars Micro Machines

velazquezn36

Does anyone remember those Micro Machine toys for Star Wars back in the nineties, or so? I came across a few online searching for some small toy plastic soldiers for a photo project I'm doing with the new Godzilla toys, and stumbled upon them, they were pretty cool, and wish I still had my sets. They were like the size of my finger nails, hands down brought nostalgia and made me want to relive my childhood and save them in a safe spot for future usage haha.

I bought these like mad when i was into the books in the 90s and my mom picked the ones based on the EU books (came in book shaped boxes) up cheap at kmart with her discount when she worked there. i wish i'd kept them.

I bought these like mad when i was into the books in the 90s and my mom picked the ones based on the EU books (came in book shaped boxes) up cheap at kmart with her discount when she worked there. i wish i'd kept them.

I too really wish I kept them. The only thing I found of Star Wars stuff from my childhood was a Darth Maul action figure. Still wish I had those micro machines, they're being sold for a butt ton on eBay. One seller is selling like 10 sets for 120$ or best offer. Considering obtaining a few of those sets.

You think that's bad? I had a bunch of stuff from Return of the Jedi that my folks got me that christmas when they came out. Like everything else i had from gi joe to transformers they got mangled. My neighbor's son had just about every toy for all the movies if not all of them.

Still have all of mine since I wasn´t a kid when they came out, but a "responsible collector". Nah, looking back at the money I dumped into 90ies stuff it´s more "stupid, stupid idiot with a collecting addiction", I guess :facepalm:lol
Now I´d really like to inventory and see what I have, since it´s not only wars but trek, too :p But as it´s always the case, I am sure that I mostly only have the regular items, not many specials like the naboo starship, naboo hangar playset or bespin playset.

I love the old Kenner MIcro Collection, and those playsets really remind me of those. I do wonder why I did not chase after those MM playsets, or even knew about them :/

As we are still unpacking from our move last summer, I stumbled across a box of my toys including my Star Wars and Trek micro-machines. I'll probably out them up in my prop room as I do more decorating.

Sean

Yeah, "Darth Maul" and "childhood toy" are not supposed to be in the same sentence!! How old are you? It was JUST 1999 a minute ago....

image.jpg

They still make them! Obviously not the old school ones, most now are for Force Awakens. You can find them at Walmart, Target, etc. Really wish I could find some inexpensive vintage ones though.

Didn't have much micro machines. I still have them somewhere :) I had the falcon set and 3-4 other sets. Can't remember which. I also have the exclusive set from the ESB SE opening night, too.

I did the normal figs up until E1 - which is when kenner's lying (no, we don't shortpack) and scalpers got me to quit.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back