Kingsman: The Secret Service (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
The Secret Service was originally one among my most anticipated films of 2014, but then it got pushed to 2015. But recently they re-scheduled it for a October 2014 release instead. It's based on the comic by Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons. Though I haven't read the comic, the fact that Matthew Vaughn is directing it is what got me excited.

Colin Firth talks action movie debut in 'Kingsman: The Secret Service' | Inside Movies | EW.com

Here is part of a recent interview with Colin Firth, read the rest in the above page.

EW: How did you feel going into your first big action movie, as it were?

Colin Firth: I was afraid it was ridiculous. I think what’s brilliant about Matthew is that he takes people’s expectations and likes to mess with them. When we first met the year before, he said, “One of the reasons I’m casting you is because you’re probably the last person anyone could imagine kicking people and kicking off the villains.” And that was the surprise he wanted to pull. And he said, by the way, “You’re going to have to do it. Are you up to it?” That’s one of the reasons he got me so early, to start training. He said, “You’re going to hate me by the end of it,” and sure enough, the Jackie Chan training team comes to my house and they get to work on me. I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed myself so much in my life. I realized that I’d made assumptions about myself that meant I had probably been neglecting something that I might have enjoyed for years if I’d got to it earlier.

Few images from the movie.

14251208773_5be2044f16_o.jpg

14228725582_6fbb5cc4bd_o.jpg

14231025145_d97040f5bb_o.jpg

14230787074_5e54a860d3_o.jpg

14251207483_65253bc75f_o.jpg

14227726861_0624ac6e71_o.jpg

14044366988_32f3b23f88_o.jpg

Release Date: October 24, 2014

Synopsis: A veteran secret agent takes a young upstart under his wing.

Director: Matthew Vaughn
Writers: Matthew Vaughn, Jane Goldman
Cast: Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson, Mark Strong, Michael Caine, Sophie Cookson, Taron Egerton, Sofia Boutella, Jack Davenport

IMDB: The Secret Service (2014) - IMDb

Movie Teaser Poster

14044374709_00024a8d8a_o.jpg

Re: Kingsman: The Secret Service

I'm on board. Some doubts initially because I think the Femme Nikita trope is wearing a little thin, but coming from the director of X-Men: First Class? Yes, yes, yes.

When I briefly spotted Samuel L Jackson, I immediately thought of this clip:

Glad they went in another direction:lol

Last edited by a moderator:

The movie just got screened at BNAT

devincf: KINGSMAN is ******* awesome. So much better than I ever expected. Vaughn speaks my pop movie language. #BNAT16

xymarla: KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE is the most ridiculous, insane fun. Completely in love!

EricVespe: Loved Kingsman. Such an unapologetically fun, raunchy, gory movie. They don't make movies like this anymore.

devincf: The KINGSMAN church fight will be remembered in the annals of legend.

Agreed. Caught this today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Basically it’s the Kick-Ass version of what a James Bonds origin story might have been like if he’d been born in one of the rougher boroughs of London. A proper geezer like.
Its great fun and played at exactly the same level as KA, with some ultra violent and completely over the top clever set pieces that are so near to the knuckle that they'll bleed dark humour all over you, so much so it makes you wince as much as laugh out loud in shock. It’ll blow your mind in more ways than one.
Style wise it’s a tongue in cheek send up of every super spy film you’ve ever seen and the cast have a cracking time with the script, which is complete with both the obligatory mega villain ( Sam Jackson really lisps up his lines through this one with more ham than you’ll find in a butchers) and a barmy and frighteningly brutal mobile app device. Do you want chips with that happy meal!!!
Fair play to Colin Firth ,he plays brilliantly against type and is quite the gentleman killer and thoughtful mentor in this one. Watching him with the congregation in the church was an education to say the least !!!!
Matthew Vaughaun has a certain style with his films and every single bit of it rubs off on this. Its an elegantly dressed but sharply sliced piece of vicious fun thats as deadly as the henchwomans footwear. Take it for what it is and you’ll get more than your monies worth. Not for the faint hearted nor the sensitive. Also nice to glimpse Mark Hamill back on screen in a pre episode VII role. Oh and like Katy Perry sang at the Super Bowl, remember you're a firework!!!!!

Last edited:
Yes, agree with everything said so far. A couple over the top moments during the action scenes. But some fight choreography was so insanely awesome it bordered on genius.

Almost on par with the Raid 2's fight scenes, which is high praise for me since I consider that movie to have some of the hands down greatest fight scenes of all TIME....ALL TIME!

Wow... some great reviews. Just watching the trailers and seeing SLJ looking utterly ridiculous and the prime kid looking like an absolute punk makes me have almost no interest at alll... but seeing these reviews... hmmmmm... maybe.

Wow... some great reviews. Just watching the trailers and seeing SLJ looking utterly ridiculous and the prime kid looking like an absolute punk makes me have almost no interest at alll... but seeing these reviews... hmmmmm... maybe.

Don't get me wrong. There where some eye rolling moments. But is was more toward the end of the film.

SLJ's role was great. He was like a rich mogul...Richard Simmons...but hilarious.

The scenes really weren't a deal breaker for me. And they didn't delve deep enough into their training I thought; but overall it succeds on a visual level. Plot and pacing were on point.

I saw this movie last night...it was epic. While all the world was watching a stupid '50 Shades of Whatever' movie, my buddies and I were witnessing one of the most badass fight scenes ever (you'll know what I'm talking about when you see it).

I saw this this afternoon and enjoyed it immensely. Deliciously silly and wonderfully non PG. Firth is excellent. Just a bucket load of well thought out fun.The body count is crazy too.

I was worried after reading a review about this one, but I still bought a ticket tonight and at points it seemed like we were getting just another rote spy flick (although with some great Matthew Vaughn flourishes and a nice performance by Colin Firth); but, something clicked a ways into this movie that made all that pay off and give us a spectacular, fun, explosive and action packed fun time.

It's unfortunate that Kingsman most likely won't get the audience it deserves (the movieplex I went to had this in one of their smaller theaters and it was pretty packed on a Sunday night for this).

This could be a potential cult classic. Go see this one now!!

i loved this movie. im looking at getting something from their clothing line on Mr Porter. those suits are beautiful but I think getting an Umbrella lol.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back