Kingsman: The Secret Service (Post-release)

i loved this movie. im looking at getting something from their clothing line on Mr Porter. those suits are beautiful but I think getting an Umbrella lol.

lol. And a mighty fine $450 umbrella it is!

I'm shooting for a tie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This was a fantastic movie. It was filled with action, suspense and comedy. Campy without being campy. Makes fun of classic spy movie without making fun of it. If that makes sense.

It's good. Might be a sleeper. My teenage boys didn't want to see it. Thought is was Spy Kids UK. Uhhh, yeah. No. Not sure how the marketing missed their target audience.
I would not have seen it except I read the reviews on this post. I thought it was a kid movie. which it is, sort of...
It is like ZombieLand; it's funny but a scary zombie film at the same time. You walk out of the theater thinking "Did I just see that?"

I took my 13 yo because I didn't know it was R. Oops. Other than the violence and language, it is ok for a mature teen. OH, there is one scene at "THE END" No spoilers but I am still thinking about it.
It is a must see. Even if you just want to criticize its over the top delivery.

Absolutely bog standard, by the book "hero's journey" that we've seen a million times before, tarted up with some ultra-violence and adolescent sex humor (which was shockingly out of place in a film whose main theme was, ostensibly, growing up. The scene at the, ahem, end was like a splash of cold water in the face. So weirdly out of place. And believe me, I'm no prude about these things). I liked it, but I don't like myself for liking it. A fun two hours, but not worth a re-watch or anything. I left feeling...eh. *Shrug* If you're just looking for a fun, brainless romp, you can do worse.

Hey Caymen, good review. No spoilers about the "end".

I thought the "end" joke or "Princess joke" as it is now being called was shocking and out of place.
With that said, after googling "Kingsman princess joke" I now understand. It does make sense because it is spoofing all the James Bond "innuendo".
"Oh JAMES!" Que theme song, roll credits.

I was worried about even bringing it up because of the spoiler risk.

Hey Caymen, good review. No spoilers about the "end".

I thought the "end" joke or "Princess joke" as it is now being called was shocking and out of place.
With that said, after googling "Kingsman princess joke" I now understand. It does make sense because it is spoofing all the James Bond "innuendo".
"Oh JAMES!" Que theme song, roll credits.

I was worried about even bringing it up because of the spoiler risk.

Yep,totally a send up of the James Bond movies , just one of the many. I hope everybody waited and caught the actual "end of the film".

I saw it in Hong Kong yesterday, audience had a good laugh at Samuel L Jackson's line about Beijing "Scary how no one even knows what the Chinese secret service is called" or something similar, which was pretty funny.
Overall I really liked it, the writing was really good and the action sequences were awesome. It was like a love letter to spy movies while still bringing something new to the table and poking fun at the old spy movie cliches. It's strange that the advertising and trailers for this didn't really land for me so I only went to go see it as a result of the positive feedback it's been getting online. Hopefully that doesn't affect the film too negatively because I think this is a film that deserves to do well.

If not for a MM/MV team-up I don't think I would have seen this in the theater, but I did and... it was fantastic! :cool:thumbsup I loved the way it poked fun at the Bond films without poking hard. Much like Kick-Ass it had a great balance a feeling "real" and still having those over the top moments and characters that are expected in a comic book story. It was great to see Mark Hamill (total surprise to me) again, and Mark Strong did a great job as Merlin. (anybody else notice a muddled accent there? ;) ) Well worth $27 (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Kingsman​ is a great fun take on the spy action genre. Grounded characters with over the top stylized violence and action. Loved it.

Liked the heroic score by Henry Jackman & Matt Margeson. And apt usage of Free Bird during one of the epic and brutal sequences.

It's disappointing to see not many are talking about this movie. It got released here two weeks late and I finally got to see it today.

Guess the audience deserves the endless sea of remakes which they will then check out based on brand familiarity.

16519355888_e82f1559d7_o.png

I finally got to watch this over the weekend. I loved it. Sure, it's not an award winner, but it was very entertaining and a perfect, fun, action movie.

Very cookie-cutter plot and characters. The actors were top shelf and it was nice to see Colin Firth putting a twist on the "British Gentleman" he's played so often, and having Mark Hamill was a lovely bonus . The first hour was fun but then it dragged to the obvious conclusion. Frankly, I thought it would be better.

I thought it was just a fun movie. Nothing special but entertainment for 2 hours. I did like the Princess offering up some anal action for saving the world.

Hello all, I don't know whether or not this will be of any interest to anyone, but I was browsing the Mr Porter Kingsman collection earlier and noticed that they'd added LOADS of new pieces - this makes sense obviously, in the run up to Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle, that they'll have new costume pieces added to the collection exactly as they did for the first film.

Interestingly, several of the pieces are labelled with either "Harry" or "Eggsy" in the title - the pieces labelled with Harry are interesting as they seem to indicated that Colin Firth will have a bigger role in the film than originally thought...

Also, the newer clothes in the collection all seem to be warm-weather tailoring so I imagine this indicates a warmer American setting than the chillier action seen in the first one.

What're your thoughts?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back