X-Men: Days of Future Past (Post-release)

Found this gem...Like the theme going on.

Attachments

• 10362096_1572124596347151_1119142102_n.jpg
    10362096_1572124596347151_1119142102_n.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 106
I just saw it today and really liked it, as much as First Class. That scene in the Pentagon kitchen with Quicksilver (that's his name, right?) was breathtaking. And the music he was listening to was perfect.

I liked it a lot and I'm excited for the new direction it seems to be going in. Glad they were able to make some retcons too. Stinger was kinda meh, but I've got hopes that they'll do Apocalyspe right.

I had the day off work and watched DOFP today, and REALLY enjoyed it. I like that John Ottman worked his X2 theme into this film.
I may have to go and watch this again.
The end teaser for the next film was a great set up!

As much as I loved the scene with Quicksilver, I actually would go as far as to say, the Nightcrawler opening scene is one of the finest opening scenes of any movie I have ever seen.

My anticipation for this movie started right after seeing The Wolverine. It was clear to me then that The Wolverine was the start of an attempt to revitalize the Bryan Singer X-Men series. Seeing the return of Professor X along with the return of Magneto's power immediately gave me the impression that the producers were aimed at undoing the way the first trilogy ended. With the release of Days of Future Past, it is an incontrovertible fact the film accomplishes this goal, for, because the film's composition is a consistent cohesion of powerful motivations, uncompromising action sequences that enhance the emotional relevance of its conflicts, and clever incorporation of comic book elements, the positive impact of this film uncannily places the X-Men film franchise back on the Marvel motion picture map while effortlessly drowning out the unavoidable--yet minor--plot inconveniences.

One prominent question I saw lingering since The Wolverine is the exact nature of Professor X's return from the dead. While the end-credit scene of The Last Stand resolves this question in an unrefined manner, it was later revealed that the writers that intended for the braindead victim to be the twin brother of Charles Xavier. While this explains the retention of Professor X's physical appearance, it critically lacks any explanation for his perpetual paralysis in the revived state. Though the explanation I had conceived a while back is far more mundane and less coincidence-reliant, the outstanding work of the writers of Days of Future Past has made it of issue in accepting the former explanation.

Another question I briefly glanced at earlier in this thread is the nature of Wolverine's reacquisition of his adamantium claws. The first and most probable solution is adapted from the comics, in which his mutant healing powers altered the metal's molecular structure to operate as an extension of his healing mechanism. I think this is the more favorable explanation, overall, because the apparent healing of the metal had already occurred when Origins established that he had been shot by a bullet that penetrated the adamantium layer on his forehead, which steadily remained as his skin healed over it, yet does not appear in the X-ray Jean Grey makes in the first X-Men. If there should be a reason for this to be infeasible, then the second and probably only remaining explanation is that Magneto, working alongside the X-Men, somehow used his powers to restore the grafting. But, as aforementioned, this is less consistent, due to the fact that the film series has strongly implied that Magneto is only able to levitate it with his magnetism in the films, with the only person verbally stated to be able to "manipulate" it being Stryker. Like Xavier's return, this is also really not an issue.

But perhaps the greatest imprintation we're left to wrestle with at the moment (as it will undoubtedly fade with a whimper) is that potentially none of the historical events that occurred in the first timeline is carried over in this new timeline. Even the question of Wolverine being either natural-boned or adamantium-bonded is left open at the end. Indeed, the X-Men series has been rebooted, and rightfully so--as the return of Cyclops is accredited to this, but more importantly it is done in a manner that has allowed the series to retain the original cast, thus making it an untraditional one. This may have been what the director of First Class meant when he said that this film has no bearing on the original storyline while the most of us were arguing the contrary by reason of its identical casting.

All in all, an absolutely brilliant work in not only the revival of a franchise, but also in the bold display of creativity that the producers are able to yield for the new direction of this saga, thus bolstering the confidence and anticipation in all viewers. The only tragedy to be witnessed at the theaters is that this movie failed to make it on the Imax screen, despite having its integrity ranking right up there alongside The Winter Soldier.

Magneto actually says in X-Men 2 that Stryker is the only 'other' person he knows who can manipulate Adamantium. We also know he can dissolve and reforge metals as demonstrated when he frees himself from the plastic prison by forging the iron balls and then flattening one to stand on whilst he floats across the void. I personally don't think the aim was to re-engerise the previous franchise, it seemed more like a farewell episode to me.

My anticipation for this movie started right after seeing The Wolverine. It was clear to me then that The Wolverine was the start of an attempt to revitalize the Bryan Singer X-Men series. Seeing the return of Professor X along with the return of Magneto's power immediately gave me the impression that the producers were aimed at undoing the way the first trilogy ended. With the release of Days of Future Past, it is an incontrovertible fact the film accomplishes this goal, for, because the film's composition is a consistent cohesion of powerful motivations, uncompromising action sequences that enhance the emotional relevance of its conflicts, and clever incorporation of comic book elements, the positive impact of this film uncannily places the X-Men film franchise back on the Marvel motion picture map while effortlessly drowning out the unavoidable--yet minor--plot inconveniences.

One prominent question I saw lingering since The Wolverine is the exact nature of Professor X's return from the dead. While the end-credit scene of The Last Stand resolves this question in an unrefined manner, it was later revealed that the writers that intended for the braindead victim to be the twin brother of Charles Xavier. While this explains the retention of Professor X's physical appearance, it critically lacks any explanation for his perpetual paralysis in the revived state. Though the explanation I had conceived a while back is far more mundane and less coincidence-reliant, the outstanding work of the writers of Days of Future Past has made it of issue in accepting the former explanation.

Another question I briefly glanced at earlier in this thread is the nature of Wolverine's reacquisition of his adamantium claws. The first and most probable solution is adapted from the comics, in which his mutant healing powers altered the metal's molecular structure to operate as an extension of his healing mechanism. I think this is the more favorable explanation, overall, because the apparent healing of the metal had already occurred when Origins established that he had been shot by a bullet that penetrated the adamantium layer on his forehead, which steadily remained as his skin healed over it, yet does not appear in the X-ray Jean Grey makes in the first X-Men. If there should be a reason for this to be infeasible, then the second and probably only remaining explanation is that Magneto, working alongside the X-Men, somehow used his powers to restore the grafting. But, as aforementioned, this is less consistent, due to the fact that the film series has strongly implied that Magneto is only able to levitate it with his magnetism in the films, with the only person verbally stated to be able to "manipulate" it being Stryker. Like Xavier's return, this is also really not an issue.

But perhaps the greatest imprintation we're left to wrestle with at the moment (as it will undoubtedly fade with a whimper) is that potentially none of the historical events that occurred in the first timeline is carried over in this new timeline. Even the question of Wolverine being either natural-boned or adamantium-bonded is left open at the end. Indeed, the X-Men series has been rebooted, and rightfully so--as the return of Cyclops is accredited to this, but more importantly it is done in a manner that has allowed the series to retain the original cast, thus making it an untraditional one. This may have been what the director of First Class meant when he said that this film has no bearing on the original storyline while the most of us were arguing the contrary by reason of its identical casting.

All in all, an absolutely brilliant work in not only the revival of a franchise, but also in the bold display of creativity that the producers are able to yield for the new direction of this saga, thus bolstering the confidence and anticipation in all viewers. The only tragedy to be witnessed at the theaters is that this movie failed to make it on the Imax screen, despite having its integrity ranking right up there alongside The Winter Soldier.

Ok dude...You are WAYYYYYYY over thinking it. That part about wolverine getting shot in the head and the xray made me crack up.

Here is the abridged version: Wolverine no have metal claw...Wolverine no have bullet in head...Wolverine no like fire...FIRE BAD!

Professor, have....Twin brother???

Lol, I know. That's my point. I just had to shake my head at how ridiculous and nit-picky these were with each successive point the list made. I mean, I understand that if the writers were diligent enough they could have avoided most of these mistakes, but none of this even entered my mind when I was watching these movies. It's not until people started picking apart and pointing out all of them that I even noticed and, frankly don't care. I enjoyed them for what they were.

The most iconic thing is Marvel sold the rights to X-Men, Spider-Man, Fantastic 4, and other properties due to money troubles supposedly. Selling their arguably more popular characters has really weaken Marvel, but they have done great with what they have! It is also important to note that Fox has only really did toy lines for X-1, X-2, and X-O. I am bias though I like X-Men better then any other Marvel line. To me this shows how weak and pathetic Marvel can be, they sold the rights to begin with, now they are own by Disney, and are trying to shut out the company that they sold the rights to. The thing is as long as Fox is making X-Men and Fantastic 4 movies and making profits on them the rights won't go back to Marvel. I wished they would all just get along, but this is business and that gets dirty.

First it was Fantastic Four and now X-Men. I also mentioned it on FB earlier how it's a deep rooted strategy so that the X-Men franchise and those characters don't have a cultural impact especially on the kids who are growing up without those toys, which is what bothers me more about it as they are being deprived of that opportunity on purpose. It's all business and commerce of course but still a nasty move on their part.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back