X-Men: Days of Future Past (Post-release)

It's too bad the Professor didn't get a hover chair like in the comics.
He did, in every Patrick Stewart scene. At least, he had one when he was coming out of the jet in the beginning. Presumably he used the same chair throughout.
x-men-days-of-future-past-patrick-stewart-ian-mckellen1.jpg

When and how did the present day/future Wolverine get his Adamantium claws back? He lost those in The Wolverine.
The movie didn't say, presumably Magneto did it somehow.

Where was the explanation to Xavier's coming back to life?
The post-credits scene in X3.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure he did have it at the end. I don't think it was the same model as he had in the future, but I didn't see wheels.

He did have the hover chair in the end, I looked. Also, there was a young jean cameo when Magneto was hovering with RFK stadium

He did, in every Patrick Stewart scene. At least, he had one when he was coming out of the jet in the beginning. Presumably he used the same chair throughout.
View attachment 330537

Oh, right. I didn't see the chair properly while it was behind the desk so I just assumed it had wheels. When it came out from behind the desk I was too busy concentrating on the scene between Xavier and Logan to notice anymore. Thanks, guys.

Quicksilver could have quite easily been overused, if you think about it they could've just taken him with them and he would've been able to do everything to accomplish their objective, disarming Mystique, even taking out Magneto when he went all kinds of crazy at the end.

It sounds like Quick Silver is more of an over powered character who will be more of a hassle than a benefit in the long run. Was there anything involving his character that he could not do, or even appear as a challenge?

Then again. Magneto can sense and stop a flying bullet in mid air. He might be able lift quicksilver up off the ground with his leather jacket zipper and buttons. That would be a fun scene at the very least.

What good is running fast when you can't touch the ground!

Everyone's been raving about DOFP. Sadly, I wasn't as impressed, thought it was overhyped. It was a good movie but I just wasn't blown away, my reasons below:
- Fassbender's Magneto was way too 2-dimensional; Singer strayed too far from the relationship dynamics that worked in Vaughn's FC between him and young Xavier
- Don't care for Mystique at all but almost all of her scenes were basically action scenes, didn't give Jennifer Lawrence much drama to work with; the scenes where she wasn't running and kicking ass were all the heart to hearts between her and Xavier, and that got old fast
- Too much Wolverine love and he really didn't do jack (pun intended) other than being a messenger boy, though I kinda expected that would be the case
- Sentinels were fine (they made the future ones pretty damn scary) but the mutants were too under-powered - you have 2 (arguably 2.5 if you include Iceman) Omega level mutants in Storm and Magneto and they get their asses handed to them without much fanfare, Warpath and Colossus were pretty useless, and Wolvie and Beast together couldn't take down one Sentinel prototype
- Final battles felt anti-climatic, maybe for the under-powered mutant reason above
- The Quicksilver scene everyone was raving about, felt like it was BTDT, could've sworn I saw another movie where they slowed down time and did the same things; thought Singer had something more clever up his sleeve for the speedster to top his Nightcrawler scene from X2
- Minor beefs but since when did Kitty Pryde develop mental powers and how does Mystique's ability grant Sentinels the ability to replicate mutant powers? Shouldn't that be Rogue's territory?

At the end like I said, a solid effort and a much-needed step in the right direction for Fox, with the Star Trek-esque time travel franchise reboot to wash away the awful memories of Last Stand. If they can avoid butchering Apocalypse, I can continue to look forward to this franchise.

Last edited:
Just want to clarify a few things here.

1. This isn't a reboot, if it was, we'd see a different cast taking over apart from the ones we've seen. It just reset the timeline, the franchise from 2000 is still hitting strong now.
2. I think the emotional drama we saw in FC is still there between Magneto and Xavier only it's the fallout from Cuba...No need to drag it out any further into another movie.
3. Underpowered may be a bit of an understatement. In the comics, they got their buts kicked plenty of times by the sentenals and ran so I don't see how it was anticlimatic...you can only do so much with bone claws so lets give wolvie a break
4. The only reason Kitty had those powers was to pay homage to the original story line so the producers say, it didn't bother me.
5. And I don't understand how there was too much wolverine? He wasn't even there a half of the time. He was more of a spectator than anything, I mean he only killed 3 people in this movie, the rest of the times he was just in the background.....

I think the people who didn't like this need to not watch it as a critic and watch it more as a fan...just my opinion.

Everyone's been raving about DOFP. Sadly, I wasn't as impressed, thought it was overhyped. It was a good movie but I just wasn't blown away, my reasons below:
- Fassbender's Magneto was way too 2-dimensional; Singer strayed too far from the relationship dynamics that worked in Vaughn's FC between him and young Xavier
- Don't care for Mystique at all but almost all of her scenes were basically action scenes, didn't give Jennifer Lawrence much drama to work with; the scenes where she wasn't running and kicking ass were all the heart to hearts between her and Xavier, and that got old fast
- Too much Wolverine love and he really didn't do jack (pun intended) other than being a messenger boy, though I kinda expected that would be the case
- Sentinels were fine (they made the future ones pretty damn scary) but the mutants were too under-powered - you have 2 (arguably 2.5 if you include Iceman) Omega level mutants in Storm and Magneto and they get their asses handed to them without much fanfare, Warpath and Colossus were pretty useless, and Wolvie and Beast together couldn't take down one Sentinel prototype
- Final battles felt anti-climatic, maybe for the under-powered mutant reason above
- The Quicksilver scene everyone was raving about, felt like it was BTDT, could've sworn I saw another movie where they slowed down time and did the same things; thought Singer had something more clever up his sleeve for the speedster to top his Nightcrawler scene from X2
- Minor beefs but since when did Kitty Pryde develop mental powers and how does Mystique's ability grant Sentinels the ability to replicate mutant powers? Shouldn't that be Rogue's territory?

At the end like I said, a solid effort and a much-needed step in the right direction for Fox, with the Star Trek-esque time travel franchise reboot to wash away the awful memories of Last Stand. If they can avoid butchering Apocalypse, I can continue to look forward to this franchise.

I think the people who didn't like this need to not watch it as a critic and watch it more as a fan...just my opinion.

That's pretty presumptuous, as I watch these movies as both a fan and someone just looking for a good movie to enjoy. I enjoyed FC and X2 thoroughly despite their shortcomings, granted they had the benefit of not being overhyped during their release. From all the reviews and fan talk, I thought I'd be seeing THE definitive X-Men movie, but I walked out of the theater not feeling that way - I liked it but not as much as I thought I would going in. Hardly means I watch movies as a critic; besides if that argument holds I'd be giving this movie top scores like all the other critics, not the case.

5. And I don't understand how there was too much wolverine? He wasn't even there a half of the time. He was more of a spectator than anything, I mean he only killed 3 people in this movie, the rest of the times he was just in the background.....

Seriously?!? He was definitely on the screen for more than half the movie. And like you said, he doesn't do very much. So one can argue, his screen time is disproportionate to his actual role in the film, but because he's Hugh Jackman, the producers roll with it.

Last edited:
2. I think the emotional drama we saw in FC is still there between Magneto and Xavier only it's the fallout from Cuba...No need to drag it out any further into another movie.

Why not? They've been dragging this whole "Humans vs. Mutants" thing in almost every single X-Men movie including this one. It's been almost a decade and a half since the first X-Men movie and we're still stuck with the same basic plot line. I remember watching the 90's cartoon and they had a heck of a lot more stories that didn't even involve humans hating mutants and vice versa. Like the Dark Phoenix Saga. That epic five-part run (plus follow ups) involved freaking aliens! How did the movies handle the Dark Phoenix saga? By having Jean just stare at you to death so Magneto can use her for his "humans vs. mutants" schtick again.

Why not? They've been dragging this whole "Humans vs. Mutants" thing in almost every single X-Men movie including this one. It's been almost a decade and a half since the first X-Men movie and we're still stuck with the same basic plot line. I remember watching the 90's cartoon and they had a heck of a lot more stories that didn't even involve humans hating mutants and vice versa. Like the Dark Phoenix Saga. That epic five-part run (plus follow ups) involved freaking aliens! How did the movies handle the Dark Phoenix saga? By having Jean just stare at you to death so Magneto can use her for his "humans vs. mutants" schtick again.

Agree with this one hundred and ten percent. The climax of the movie is still, "Hey, don't kill humans, let them live!"

Just saw it, woah! Very good movie!!!

Someone refresh my memory... i thought the 'old' Xavier died in one of those craptastic movies quite a number of years ago... When did he come back again? and how?

Well would you rather have him or Channing Titsface be showed more in the next movie?...

That's pretty presumptuous, as I watch these movies as both a fan and someone just looking for a good movie to enjoy. I enjoyed FC and X2 thoroughly despite their shortcomings, granted they had the benefit of not being overhyped during their release. From all the reviews and fan talk, I thought I'd be seeing THE definitive X-Men movie, but I walked out of the theater not feeling that way - I liked it but not as much as I thought I would going in. Hardly means I watch movies as a critic; besides if that argument holds I'd be giving this movie top scores like all the other critics, not the case.

Seriously?!? He was definitely on the screen for more than half the movie. And like you said, he doesn't do very much. So one can argue, his screen time is disproportionate to his actual role in the film, but because he's Hugh Jackman, the producers roll with it.

Please no, no more speak of Last Stand. The only thing good out of that was Juggernaut...

Disagree. Love Vinnie Jones, but he was COMPLETELY wasted as Juggernaut. The best things to come out of Last Stand (and by best, I mean the only good things) were Kelsey Grammar as Beast and Ben Foster as Angel. That's it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back