Scratchbuilt Star Wars AT-AT Imperial Walker 1/48

Hi Jober, thank you very much mate! ;)

In a very short period of time we will show pictures of this Master and the first cast of this model ;) And after that we will begin the painting process and we will show how we are going to paint it step by step. ;)

Beautiful update...can we have some more of those please:$

Hi CelticWarrior, you will see in a short period of time. Now we are making molds. A lot of pieces, big pieces and very little ones.

:)
Thank you!

This is truely amazing. Can't wait for it to be finished.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Joberg, if everything goes ok we will begin the painting work in the last days of July and we will share every step of the painting process here! ;)

Thank you mate! :)

Cannot wait for the first cast and painting updates:)

Hi all, we’re still alive, just very busy making molds. The 1/48 AT-AT Imperial walker model kit has about 120 pieces. This is the last update before the molds will completed and the first cast of this model will be completely finished!!.

As always, all the details about this model here http://moviekits.net/star-wars-at-at-148-scratchbuilt-2/

star-wars-at-at-scratchbuilt-update2-11.jpg

star-wars-at-at-scratchbuilt-update2-21.jpg

star-wars-at-at-scratchbuilt-update2-31.jpg

star-wars-at-at-scratchbuilt-update2-41.jpg

star-wars-at-at-scratchbuilt-update2-51.jpg

Attachments

• PARA RAFA PARA EL BLOG.jpg
    PARA RAFA PARA EL BLOG.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 129
  • PARA RAFA PARA EL BLOG2.jpg
    PARA RAFA PARA EL BLOG2.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 129
  • PARA RAFA PARA EL BLOG3.jpg
    PARA RAFA PARA EL BLOG3.jpg
    792.6 KB · Views: 113
  • PARA RAFA PARA EL BLOG4.jpg
    PARA RAFA PARA EL BLOG4.jpg
    645.2 KB · Views: 123
  • PARA RAFA PARA EL BLOG5.jpg
    PARA RAFA PARA EL BLOG5.jpg
    721.2 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
I'm curious why you chose to make it in 1/48th scale. Sorry if I missed the explanation if it's in an earlier post.

It seems like you made it more challenging for yourselves to have to scratch build all the parts rather than just using kit parts.

I figure you must have had a reason. Are you displaying it with something else?

I'm curious why you chose to make it in 1/48th scale. Sorry if I missed the explanation if it's in an earlier post.

It seems like you made it more challenging for yourselves to have to scratch build all the parts rather than just using kit parts.

Maybe a good companion piece for Fine molds 1/48 Snowspeeder?

Hi Duncanator! To be honest, we've always wanted to have our AT-AT. The old AMT model was short in terms of measures and details. The ATATRON, which is, in our opinion, the best ATAT replica, is impossible to find out the original, and the recasts use to come in very bad conditions.

Master Replicas offered us the best replica but... who can actually afford a 2500 $ ATAT?? We had access to a SMT model and we simply loved the scale, because it matches perfectly with Fine Molds Snowspeeders as well as with some Anigrand ships. So we went for it. In our opinion, the SMT model lacked so many details too so, tired of looking for an appropiate AT-AT, we decided to build it from scratch.

The fact is that we had no idea about the hell of a work this were going to be: tons of hours comparing the scale model pics, 3D designing some other pieces such as the belly (in the scale model most of the belly parts have been taken from a Harrier 1/24 and a Saturn V 1/144) and lots of research job.

This is our first adventure in the area, if we would have known this issues before, may be we'd have built a scale model. But we took it as it came. If you look closer to the pics, you'd find out some kits we've used. Some of them were used for the original scale model but some other didn't fit well because the 1/48 is simply a bit smaller, so we had to replicate them.

In our ATAT the are like 97 pieces used for the ILM original model. Sorry for this loooong explanation, but hope it has helped to satisfy your curiosity ;)

Maybe a good companion piece for Fine molds 1/48 Snowspeeder?

Last edited:
Now we are going to share with you some new few pictures of some parts of the model. Although there are about 120 pieces, most of them are already replicated. By the end of next week, maybe early next one, the model will be fully replicated and available.

Sorry for the quality of the photos taken with our smartphone, when all pieces will be replicated we will show high resolution images, but maybe these pictures serve to give you an idea about how is going the replication process of our AT-AT.;)

As always all your comments will be welcome. ;)

PIEZAS AT-AT.jpgPIEZAS AT-AT 3.jpgPIEZAS AT-AT4.jpgPIEZAS AT-AT6.jpgPIEZAS AT-AT7.jpgPIEZAS AT-AT8.jpg

Attachments

• PIEZAS AT-AT2.jpg
    PIEZAS AT-AT2.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 159
Wow awesome can't wait to get my hands on one :) just purchased 3 Fine Molds Snowspeeders, going to try and make a nice diorama piece with this kit :)

Keep the great work coming :)

Dan

Thank you very much Dan, ;)

We are considering very seriously to build a dio with 3 AT-ATs, two of them walking and one fallen, with two Fine Molds snospeeders flying over the fallen one. Now we are adding pictures of the Shields Generators to try to build them and add them to our dio.

Wow awesome can't wait to get my hands on one :) just purchased 3 Fine Molds Snowspeeders, going to try and make a nice diorama piece with this kit :)

Keep the great work coming :)

Dan

Hi Celtic, this is a super poseable model kit so yo can use it as a fallen one easily. We have built the parts that attach the legs to the belly of resin, but this is such super poseable that if these parts were made ​​of metal, or aluminum, you could use this model to make a stop motion animation. In fact, you could do it with our AT-AT, but thought it would be more complicated to recording frame by frame and get a natural sense of moving as is needed for this type of recording.

Why do we tell you this? because you can position the model fallen in the snow in your diorama without problem. ;)

We'll respond to your mail throughout the afternoon.

If you need further information please, email us and we will answer to your questions ASAP ;) ;)

Will the fallen atat be kitted? Thanks (sent you email too)

One more picture, this is the back of the center piece that goes in the belly, viewed from the side that is attached to the belly. ;)

PIEZAS AT-AT 5.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back