New York Comic Con 2014 NYCC

TravisO

I did some searching and found nothing for 2014 NYCC. If I missed a thread forgive me but wanted to start this because I bumped into a lot of RPF'ers at the Con last year.

I'm starting this thread for a few reasons but mainly a place for everyone to have a one point for NYCC 2014! Tickets sales are getting close, last years tickets were a complete success at keeping the crowds in control.

So if you are going say hi,

If your going in costume say hi.

If you have questions... ask away.

New York Comic Con 2014

I can't seem to find my other thread, or the forum it was posted in, which was odd... but I hope mods don't mind a second one in a more proper forum... feel free to delete the other one.

who tried to get tickets, but failed? I'm personally waiting for three day. although the con has become so over crowded, with insane lines to get into simple panels that it's become alot less fun than it has in it's first two years.

We need this thing to be spread out to three times a year or something. the demand is there

I just found out that I'm going. I have some friends working on hunting down passes.

That means 86 days to finish my Mark VII Iron Man armor.

I'm going to the NYC comic con as the Red Hood and he usually has two black pistols. Because this con is so strict about weapons, I'm not entirely sure what I can use. I want them to look like basic black pistols, although I realize I'll need the orange tip and whatever else to ensure I can bring them in. Any suggestions on what I can use for my guns? Types of guns to buy, make, whatever.

Thanks, guys! Look forward to seeing some of you there

I'm going to the NYC comic con as the Red Hood and he usually has two black pistols. Because this con is so strict about weapons, I'm not entirely sure what I can use. I want them to look like basic black pistols, although I realize I'll need the orange tip and whatever else to ensure I can bring them in. Any suggestions on what I can use for my guns? Types of guns to buy, make, whatever.

Thanks, guys! Look forward to seeing some of you there

My bestfriend and I have cosplayed as Beach Head and Snake Eyes from GI JOES and have gotten our cosplay weapons in through NYCC security no problem. We used airsoft rifles and pistols and the staff just did a quick spot check to make sure magazines were empty, co2/gas/batteries weren''t connected, and that the orange tips were not removable. They put a sticker on the grips to verify that the weapons passed inspection. When we posed for pictures, hands were on grips and the stickers didn't ruin the photos.

When we walked to and from the Javits Center, we kept our gear in a suitcase so we didn't freak people out or have to worry about cops.

Oh, cool. Do you remember what year that was? I'm just worried that they changed it recently, because the rules explicitly say no airsofts.

So sad news... I'm not going, turns out a simple sprained ankle turned out to be two torn tendons and a mess of other soft tissue injury. I completed surgery 3 weeks ago & today was the 1st day I was able to pull my head together out of the fog of painkillers. Good luck to those who are going, I highly recommend you get your parking done early. My son & I used parkwiz app to reserve our parking months ahead of time. As to the airsofts use nerf guns, there are a few videos on youtube about modding them.

I'll be there on at least Friday (only ticket I could get so far) as Rick Deckard. Will actually be my first time at NYCC even though I'm a NYer.

I'm going to be attending!

If I can get him finished in time, I should be walking around at least one of the days with a Rocket Raccoon hand-puppet/rod-puppet~

IMG_9196.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-11-03 at 3.00.06 AM.png

Got my Friday pass, anyone else Ironman, or Avenger related want to link up? message me. I went alone last year, but this year did some upgrades on my suit. I also have a friend with a Toy stroe booth, so I can suit up when I get there. If this helps anyone let me know. Looking to walk with some RPFers. again, Friday only....

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. I had to spend $100 on my ticket on ebay : / sucks.... they really need to do 2 a year here in ny.

Awesome costume man! I'll be there Friday as well. Not gonna be Avenger themed (doing Deckard), but I'll definitely say hi if I see you. :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back