New York Comic Con 2014 NYCC

Not too many good costumes yesterday, hopefully today and the weekend will be better. More Deadpool's than I could count and a surprising lack of Iron Man suits. Super cute Danaerys selling dragon eggs though.

Had fun. Lots of cool stuff and hot cosplayers to see. The wristbands for the panels though is a nightmare.

15477170316_aaef87cb37_c.jpg

15313661128_df318d3d55_c.jpg

for those of you going. I have my own booth in aisle 1200 at table 1239. come on by and say hi I will be there sat all day as the 10th dr!

Here's my booth cheers! (Im on the right)
10689968_10104342627252059_4578935692232696597_n.jpg

-1.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 2.25.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 3.28.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 3.28.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 3.29.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 3.29.14 AM.png

HAD FUN, DIDNT SEE ANY IRONMANS. agree, WAY too many Deadpools, oddly enough also a lot of Edward Scizzor hands. lol
Someone said there was a nice War Machine but I didnt see him. I need to do more work on my suit but it was fun. See you next year.

This is the first time in 4 years I wont be attending NYCC. I was at work when tickets went on sale and by the time I had got home, they were sold out :cry

Besides the overcrowding, its always a great time, plus the NYC nightlife. Hope everyone who goes is having a great time! Hopefully next year I get my cosplays off the ground and ill be there! Better than ever!

Security didn't seem bad, but it probably depended on who you got, there were a bunch of lines. The first guy picked up my Deckard blaster and was like 'Hmm, this is pretty heavy' so he called over a guy who I guess is more familiar with props and that guy picked it up took one look and gave me a shrug that pretty much said 'sorry that guys an idiot' and told the first guy I was good to go in.

I decidedto skip today. My luck getting into panels sucked this year.

I barely got into the turtles panel because lal the seats up front where taken faster than normal. The stupid wristband system that I only found out a bout due to a random post on FB meant that if you didn't get there at7AM, any hope you had of getting in was toast. I missed the rebels panel due to being bull.

About the ONLY thing I got to enjoy was my TNG photo op. I skipped today because my chances of getting into the karate kid panel and muppets one, despite getting there early would probably not be good... hope someone filmsthem.

Yeah I guess it's my own fault for not reading up.. but I didn't know about the wristband thing. We showed up for the Archer panel friday and were shocked there was no crowd.. then the security at the door was like 'where are your wristbands?' I asked where to get them and he basically said you needed to be there first thing that morning.. 10 hours ago... great. :(

Only panel we saw was the '10 Years of New Dr Who' which frankly was lame. :/

NeilT - How did the photo op work? I'm guess assembly line, stand here, click, next please! Just wondering how many people really got their photo taken in the (hour? 2 hours?) they were there.

NeilT - How did the photo op work? I'm guess assembly line, stand here, click, next please! Just wondering how many people really got their photo taken in the (hour? 2 hours?) they were there.

the line went rather fast. no talking to stars. just in and out. those things are always so awkward..

the other thing that got me a tad sad was seeing all the good looking non dressed up women walking around. Most where with someone, and the ones that wheren't never stood around long enough to try and chat with. my guess is most of those would not have been in the speed dating where guys who look like me would have wound up ;o).

at this stage in life, it'd be nice to have someone to drive into the city with who actually likes going to these things. rather than being dropped off by 60 year olds more grumpy than 90 year olds about driving into the city.

Last edited:
Anyone else think it was rather crowded this Saturday? Last year was the best year I think. It wasn't so crowded and everything was a bit more enjoyable. The year before was total chaos as well. Despite the hectic-ness I still had a fun time and I would go back next year.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back