Looking for decal sheet that was made for studio scale ANH TIE Fighter

I'll have some accurate TIE decals made very soon however they may look a bit oversized on a Nice-N TIE, but this should be acceptable.

Hi, what scale are they for as I am looking for decals for the studio scale TIE?
They are for a true studio scale TIE Fighter, not sure which kit you have but all the ones produced until now were undersized. But that should not be a big issue, I mean the decals would not look way oversized.

They are for a true studio scale TIE Fighter, not sure which kit you have but all the ones produced until now were undersized. But that should not be a big issue, I mean the decals would not look way oversized.

I am looking for some that would fit the Icons TIE fighter which I believe is true studio scale so it sounds like these might do. Could you PM me with the price of a set shipped to the UK. Thanks John

I am looking for some that would fit the Icons TIE fighter which I believe is true studio scale so it sounds like these might do. Could you PM me with the price of a set shipped to the UK. Thanks John

It will fit the Icons perfectly.
The graphics are made and sent to the manufacturer, I'm just waiting to know from here when these will be ready and the price !

Hi Jason, sorry to add to the pile-on, but it isn't clear in this thread whether what JT is selling is your original sheet or the update you were planning last summer but never confirmed (in this thread) was prepared. Thanks.

I haven't had time to make the new decals from the original scans of the donor sheets I now have. It will happen, but it's not a priority. Sounds like Tox will have what everyone will need, so I'd go with him.

No, I will just have one or 2 extra decal sheets, I'm not going to do a run of them so you must make yours.

I got in touch with JT-Graphics as moffeaton suggested before MonsieurTox contacted me and they came back really quickly so I would recommend anyone who is looking for these to drop them an email :thumbsup

Yep, JT is a great fella. I wanted to be sure you guys could get them as needed, and he's better equipped to handle sales than I am.

The next sheet is happening eventually, but I've been exceptionally busy with other commitments and am trying to get the best data for the next sheet which takes a LONG time, as we all know. Y-Wings, the revised TIEs, a pentagon for that weird TIE with the pentagon decal... and whatever else comes to light.

tie-fighters-original-color-not-what-you-think-sw-tie-fptest-0002t.jpg

Yep, JT is a great fella. I wanted to be sure you guys could get them as needed, and he's better equipped to handle sales than I am. The next sheet is happening eventually, but I've been exceptionally busy with other commitments and am trying to get the best data for the next sheet which takes a LONG time, as we all know. Y-Wings, the revised TIEs, a pentagon for that weird TIE with the pentagon decal... and whatever else comes to light. View attachment 484940
Gene Kozicki recently posted this on FB about that TIE with the sticker: Early on in the VFX planning, it was thought that the star fields would be added to the space shots using a technique called Front Projection (FP). Though an older technique, it was popularized on "2001" and Dykstra had used it in a similar manner on "Silent Running". Though it allows for in-camera compositing, it is cumbersome to set up and requires a LOT of pre-planning. And the type of movements that could be done with an FP rig were probably limited. FP tests were done (this is a clip from one), but eventually they decided to go "all in" with the blue screen comp/MOCO technique. Also note that this early TIE fighter has a pentagon emblem on the lower left hull. While the TIE would eventually have no such markings, the Cylon Raider from "Battlestar Galactica" would have large ones on its wings.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back