The Martian (Post-release)

Re: The Martian

the trailer looks great, but....for some reason....all I can think about while watching it is MISSION TO MAR'S and DON CHEADEL'S character. same exact damn thing with expanded story "tweeks". anyone else even remember it??

the trailer looks great, but....for some reason....all I can think about while watching it is MISSION TO MAR'S and DON CHEADEL'S character. same exact damn thing with expanded story "tweeks". anyone else even remember it??

Yes, it's exactly like that...except for the fact that it's totally different. ;)

Seriously. Apples and kumquats with the commonality (fruit) being Mars' involvement.

either way it looks GREAT just not original..... as usual... NOW A LITTLE FUNBOY RHYME holly-(give me your hard earned dolly)-wood. never mind we retread, but instead, thanks again for buying an overpriced ticket, don't be surprised when the sequel put's you in a straight jacket.....

The Martian will be released early on October 2 instead of November 25. Gravity was released on that same date in 2013.

Okay, I started watching the Adam Savage interview, and this guy is pretty impressive.
So I watched the trailer.
I'm sold. I'm gonna have to watch the **** out of this.

Oh, man... Can I just have this movie already?! It looks so good!

One potential nit: I find it odd that they decided to give Watney a wife and kid in the movie. Single people can't just want to live? Just seems weird and unncessary.

THAT is a good trailer.

(but I still hate Matt Damon)

We're gonna get through it bro, were gonna get through it.
It will be tough, there will be times we want to give up but man we can do this!
Damon for two hours! HA Bring it! I can take it! Don't hate Damon, make Damon hate you!
;)

One potential nit: I find it odd that they decided to give Watney a wife and kid in the movie. Single people can't just want to live? Just seems weird and unncessary.

Possible Spoiler!

I think you are seeing trailer trickery there. Watney says something about his family and you see a wife and child in the next scene. I do not think they are his. He's talking about his parents and siblings, if he has any. Can't recall from the book. The wife and child is likely the scene where the Aries crew tell their families that they are going on a rescue mission and will be gone MUCH longer than planned.

I hope you're right.

I distinctly remember him frequently thinking about his parents in the book. I don't remember if he had any siblings. It's possible that those are Martinez's wife and kid.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back