Another Apollo project - LLRV 1/18 scale

Hi Shaunsheep -- posting some updates now. Hey, Wilbur, monkeymensch, Gag, joberg, thanks for following, guys! :)

YotagLK.jpg

asUzcex.jpg

oR59zd5.jpg

7iNRBiw.jpg

nXRlOsX.jpg

QsHKL50.jpg

yvvlnlt.jpg

SHFisKF.jpg

fzXx3ge.jpg

1h74CJ0.jpg

lE6vzds.jpg

bEOLN2C.jpg

ygIIFff.jpg

o3wizsC.jpg

5UY4qcC.jpg

dXahbmP.jpg

Thanks, Shaunsheep! Hi Robert, thanks-- Ben Guenther is unbelievable; that LLRV is a marvel in modeling. Even at just 6.5 inches long it's a powerhouse of details.

Yes, Ben has some fantastic skills. He often attends the USA IPMS National Conventions so we can get a look at his latest creations...
R/ Robert

"Joe", first-rate work as always. I plan on using your postings for reference if I ever get to doing an LLRV myself (I've wanted to do one ever since seeing Ben's model as a WIP.) I watched a nice bio-pic (NOVA episode) last night on Neil Armstrong, who had to use the LLRV's ejection seat after a fuel system failure while flying for Apollo 11 training. It apparently worked very well, as he continued working that same day... the man was one heck of a test pilot!

R/ Robert

Thanks, Joberg, shaunsheep! I hope to get back to this soon. Hi Robert! Now I'm torn between building something with more historical significance (Armstrong's LLRV) with the big covered cockpit or go ahead with the sleeker-looking Walker version.

I totally love the detail in this build.(y)thumbsup:thumbsup Great work. look forward to seeing more pictures of your progress. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back