Another Apollo project - LLRV 1/18 scale

Hi guys, thanks for your kind words, but sorry for having no updates on this build. Hi NylonGag, -- just taking a break with a supposedly relaxing A-7 Corsair model kit instead of a scratch build. As it turns out, one still yearns to scratch so it might take longer. But there are some things that that translate directly to the LLRV. So the break will be useful.

0MI57Tw.jpg

A-7E Allison T-41 engine exhaust section

RJ7vpr3.jpg

FqLcxaT.jpg

kcHai1e.jpg

Tjw1ZeH.jpg

Unbelievable! I go away for a while, only to return and see that crackerjazz is still evolving skills way beyond the human realm! Does this evolution never end?? :wacko

Hey guys, thanks for the support! Sorry about the hiatus, shaunsheep -- I was having fun with the A-7 Corsair until I had to figure out how to make a plug for the canopy. I'm at a standstill so I might as well go back to this project. Hey, Bob, where've you been - its been a while :) My hard drive crashed last month and I lost all of my LLRV related CAD files :facepalm -- so I'm back to zero as far as the engine. It was way easier to take measurements with the 3D model at hand. At least I still have the 3-views of the LLRV that I had printed out on paper.

Some progress with the skirt - it's used for attaching the engine to the gimbal.

A4HcsVp.jpg

IeLdVDM.jpg

Building the air intake:

FWDaadZ.jpg

hXYCgBk.jpg

A7j9Eps.jpg

X2UMv2u.jpg

eK7W1e7.jpg

And some progress with the hydrogen peroxide tanks:

bEXE7cw.jpg

mK3ZXRG.jpg

bz4LD5B.jpg

Glued on some stiffeners to prevent caving in when bringing the hemispheres together and puttying the seams.

9xtFA7P.jpg

Hi guys, appreciate your kind words : ) Hi Alex, the rivets are just pin pricks (from the back of the styrene sheet). Hi Joberg, yeah it hurts a lot to lose your documents to a hard disk failure. I'm redoing all the 3D models.

28uumqT.jpg

uRDxMgO.jpg

pmQZyqw.jpg

iwqWXS6.jpg

Sjq9OyK.jpg

dsoa6sK.jpg

rGJMn85.jpg

LkudIuX.jpg

KmF8S5Q.jpg

XYeQh8P.jpg

OEkERk3.jpg

RiUS608.jpg

SvFeRt4.jpg

UYecLKN.jpg

yMXSOKI.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back