Big Hero 6 (Post-release)

Oh... I meant to ask this in my first post...

Did anyone else think the costumes in Fred's dad's (Stan Lee's character) secret room were Nova Corps?

Just saw the movie today, great stuff. The movie did start getting a little Sat morning cartoon-ish towards the back half but still worked. I plan on buying this movie for sure. I'd put this near the top if not at the top of Disney's CG animation efforts but a hair below Pixar's Incredibles, though that's probably b/c Incredibles was written with an older audience in mind alongside the kids.

Oh... I meant to ask this in my first post...

Did anyone else think the costumes in Fred's dad's (Stan Lee's character) secret room were Nova Corps?

I noticed that it somewhat resembled the avengers as well. I wear em backwards too. haha

**Spoiler alert?**

Is it just me or do some of the character models look like the incredibles? Did anybody find the A113 and the planet pizza truck? I couldn't notice it, maybe a second watch of the movie I maybe more keen to looking for it

As someone who lost a brother in a tragic accident (Spoiler? Eh. I think the word is out by now), I applaud "Big Hero 6" for not just using it as a plot device. It permeates the movie at every level. In short, I laughed like a fool. Cried like a b*tch. And the audience clapped loudly as the credits started to roll.

I laughed, I cried and I was wowed by Big Hero 6. Such a fun movie and I liked the cool & colorful designs.

Big Hero 6 is one of the best pro-science movies of 2014. And gazing through San Fransokyo is a delight.

Also digged the music by Henry Jackman and the song Immortals.

I now want figures of all the characters and I have to buy the art book.

Vivek, let me know if you buy the art book. I need to know if there are any good pictures of something in it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Vivek, let me know if you buy the art book. I need to know if there are any good pictures of something in it. :)
Sure thing, will let you know. I plan to buy it together with couple of others sometime next month.

I have a crush on aunt Cass.

Does anyone know how this film was received in Japan?

Yeah Aunt Cass was a sweetheart. Not sure if it is already released in Japan considering they always get a late release. But I was surprised to know that UK is also getting a late release in Jan 2015. Bad move delaying it for so long.

Last edited by a moderator:
.... It was reminiscent of a few other Disney/Pixar movies (How to Train Your Dragon, in particular) but still boasts its own style.

FWIW - How to Train Your Dragon is DreamWorks, although some of the creative team came from Disney (Lilo & Stitch in particular....probably why Toothless looks like Stitch).

Now that Big Hero 6 won the Best Animated Film Oscar, has anyone created .PEP files for Go Go, Hiro, or Honey Lemon yet? I tried a freehand Go Go for my daughter, but my first attempt was off just enough to want a PEP file for scaling and proper proportions.

I jimmied up a costume for my son as Hiro (not armor yet), so far he has been getting pretty good recognition, my husband 3D printed a little Microbot and put it in a petri dish for him.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back