Pulse rifle ammo boxes

Matsuo

Sr Member
I swore I wasn't going to revisit the bullets, but I'd been ill for a few weeks and haven't been able to get to the shop to do any real prop work (sorry). But I did manage to throw together a few paper props.
Super deluxe pulse rifle caseless ammo fifty round box and M40 grenade five round box.
Same bullets as the last run I made but because of the foam insert the box is much larger.

The nomenclature on them BTW, is an homage to Derrick Baena and his pulse rifle manual.

efecb3e9b41b9688e0d99415d498d52a.jpg

4f4c67a5f4f9c472242e93201ac87e1d.jpg

4881af66931d503926010a6126f4a91e.jpg

Here are a few grenade boxes I made.
They are based on a standard 12 gauge magnum five round box.
Again, nomenclature credit goes to Derrick Baena.

960f31bfac361159f1ceb5082e25060d.jpg

5a41cb8eaf3785f19c97b63e0085d09f.jpg

Green cap is a bit dark but I can live with it. :)

M

Well okay. I don't have a source for the box but there's a free STL file for the casings -- you need some 9mm bullets from a reloader supply house to finish them -- at Shapeways:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/67E8QC9WK/m41a-pulse-rifle-6-round-strip-clip?optionId=60902524

I went ahead and ordered one of these and got it today. Decent offering for the price.

Bottom

Just as a side note 9mm will not work which makes sense. I'm not 100% sure .40/10mm will work either but I need to source some to check cause I don't own any guns in those calibers. Just seems a hair bigger than it should be.

9mm

Little paint and some right sized bullets it ought to turn out pretty good looking.

I have two prints I haven't gotten around to doing anything with. The bullets from my bag of .40 SW fit just a little loosely and should glue in fine. I'll post pics when I paint them up.

FWIW I haven't Disappeared... :D

The cases/propellant blocks I made were scaled to use 9mm bullets. This allows the cartridges to fit inside a thompson magazine.

I'm currently trying to redesign my boxes as I've lost all the files in a memory crash, despite my efforts to recover...that really sucked. :(
I guess I'm free to come up with a new design if I want. ;)

M

I may redo the Shapeways file for a true 9mm. Apparently the millimeter is different in the Aliens universe (in re the "30mm" grenades, which were actually 12-guage.)

My use of 9mm was entirely intentional, if I were to use 10mm the rounds wouldn't have fit right in the magazine the way the casings were designed.

If you are rebuilding the design anyway, I'd ditch the QR code. It doesn't fit with the "future-as-of-1986" vibe IMO. Otherwise I REALLY dig this. I have some of your bullets but no box...

I can pretty much make it say whatever I like, I have made Armat, Matsucorp , And WY versions of the same box... I just need to save those files on a device not prone to self destruction...:D

Dropbox has saved my life more than once.

Normally, I'm cold towards the whole "everything must be on the cloud!" paradigm, but sometimes it does pay.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back