Show me your Red Swingline Stapler!

Re: Show me your Red Swingline Stapler!

Well I can only speak for myself, but here is what I did.

I sanded the stapler down to be as smooth as I could get it. I think I went up to 1000 grit wet sanding. Then I gave it a coat of primer. When that dried, I wet sanded it again, then gave it a second coat of primer. Once again I wet sanded it and then moved on to the red paint. I gave it a coat and then, you guessed it, wet sanded it with 1000 grit. I did two or three coats like this, then applied the decals. I gave it a coat of gloss clear coat, wet sanded, then another two coats. After the last coat of clear had cured, I used a Turtle Wax rubbing compound to take down any texture from the clear coat. Then I used a two step car polish system. You start with bottle "1" and give it a good working with a soft cloth. Then I rinsed it down and moved onto bottle "2" with another soft cloth. This is when the finish really comes to life. After a thorough polishing, I wiped it down with a clean cloth and that was it. You've really just got to go at it with the polishing to make it super glossy.

Good luck!

Later,

MJC.

So, how exactly do you apply the vinyl decals from ssdesigner? I removed the paper backing, burnished one down and started to peel up the plastic release sheet. The decal came back up with it. What am I doing wrong?

bump...

Anyone?? Please advise about applying the vinyl decals. See last post.

Thanx

bump...

Anyone?? Please advise about applying the vinyl decals. See last post.

Thanx

Make sure the side you are applying is tacky. Once applied, burnish down very hard then peel up slowly and carefully.

I had some funds burning a hole in my PayPal account, so I just got a 646 model for about $8 shipped. Does ssdesigner still sell the decals? I sent a pm and haven't heard back yet. If he/she no longer has them, where else can I find them?

I had some funds burning a hole in my PayPal account, so I just got a 646 model for about $8 shipped. Does ssdesigner still sell the decals? I sent a pm and haven't heard back yet. If he/she no longer has them, where else can I find them?

I second that request. I tried sending ssdesigner email through his web site and got a "mailbox full" message. Didn't respond to a PM, either. I'd really like a set of two decals to do the stapler I bought about two years ago...

Just in case anyone here is looking for the correct model, I've got a spare I'd let go of. It needs painting as it is tan now. PM me if need be.

Steve:)

I'm pretty sure Muttley here on the RPF makes the decals as well.

If other sources dry up, I have access to a vinyl plotter that can create these as well.

Since I have some extra decals, I decided to make 2 of these...one for the wife's office and one for mine.

normal_IMG_9115.JPG

normal_IMG_9130.JPG

It was a boring day yesterday, so I hit a few garage sales around the hood.
Found this antique looking stapler....model 545. Probably an earlier model of 646. I really like the ridges at the rear end where that white line goes. So I hit it with some red paint and decals.
normal_IMG_9137.JPG

normal_IMG_9138.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back