Show me your Red Swingline Stapler!

Re: Show me your Red Swingline Stapler!

SSdesigner's decals are awesome.
Scott, if you're listening, how about a run of metallic ones as well. :love

burntstaplerme1.jpg

I concurr that it is still white lettering in the 'death scene'. The 'SWIN' portion is bubbled from heat while the 'GLINE' portion remains white. It is the presence of soot around the edges (Hello? Have you heard of weathering?) that makes the letters look raised in this image.

Darth Vader: ANH said:
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've created. The 'Death Star' is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."

Scott, if you happen to do another run of the logos, I can give you the dimensions I came up with for the white line on the back if you want to include that too. I used a piece of white vinyl stuff I had laying around for mine.

Okay, so I managed to dissasemble it (thanks to jonny5...okay, that's wierd!)
My question is: I know we do light sanding and a light primer before we paint. But look at the top. The Swingline lettering is pretty well engraved on there. Do we just sand until it's smooth? And what about that half 'oval' that it sits on? Do we sand THAT down until IT'S smooth?

Okay, so I managed to dissasemble it (thanks to jonny5...okay, that's wierd!)
Or do you mean Johnnycrash!! :rolleyes

Do we just sand until it's smooth? And what about that half 'oval' that it sits on? Do we sand THAT down until IT'S smooth?
Sand till you see the name, oval, and texture no more. Along the top, and don't forget the front. It ALL needs to be removed. I used 220 wet, then 600 wet. I have yet to prime it. The logo may pop out again after priming. Just sand it some more, and prime. Repeat as needed. :unsure

My bad! Yes, Johnnycrash, you ARE the man!:thumbsup

Edited:

Now i see the oval part your talking about. LOL, been awhile since I've done one of these from scratch :p

-Ss

Just happened upon this thread as I find Office Space to be one of the best satires of corporate lunacy around. After reading a couple pages, I look on my desk at my stapler. Wouldn't you know, it's a Swingline 646. Now it's in pieces waiting sanding, priming and decals. An easy, and functional, prop. Thanks.

ssdesigner -

Sent you a PM about decals a while back. Do you still have any? I want a set.

Here is my stapler. I found a local vinyl cutter that has the right plotter to cut the decal. I can have them cut more if anybody interested.

Picture006.jpg

All of you that have ordered the Swingline decals from me should be getting them in the mail within the next few days.

I've got another batch of these ready to go, if you are looking for decals just send me a PM or email me at: ssdesigner@yahoo.com

Thanks!

-Ss

The other day I was in the local Barnes and Noble store and found a box of Office Space items. It's label said it contained the stapler, TPS sheet, Initech mug and Jump to Conclusions mat. I opened it to check and see if they were accurate, but there was way to much stuff in the way that I couldn't do it quietly.

Anyone have this and know if the contents are accurate?

The other day I was in the local Barnes and Noble store and found a box of Office Space items. It's label said it contained the stapler, TPS sheet, Initech mug and Jump to Conclusions mat. I opened it to check and see if they were accurate, but there was way to much stuff in the way that I couldn't do it quietly.

Anyone have this and know if the contents are accurate?

Not accurate at all DSB:

http://www.amazon.ca/Office-Space-Kit-Work-Sucks/dp/0762428112

-Ss

Wow, that's pretty lame.:sick

And whatever you do, don't get the officially released Office Space Swingline. It's an incorrect 747 model.

I just painted my second one with red Krylon Fusion. Color seems dead on and hopefully it won't chip off like my first one. The first one I painted with Dupli-Color Rio Red. Paint was a good color, but chipped off when I accidentally dropped it. Now it sits on my desk at work.

I'm going to give the second one a quick bath in Future Floor wax for that high-gloss shine.

-Fred

Well I just finished the last bit of polishing on this guy and I snapped a couple quick photos. Unfortunately it was kind of dark, so the pics are a little grainy.

Swingline646a.jpg

Swingline646b.jpg

Anyway, you get the idea. Thanks to mansugi for the great decals! These things look great, and I think you nailed the thickness of the text perfectly, something I hadn't seen done quite right before.

Cheers,

MJC.

So many shiny staplers, I gotta break down and finish mine.

How in the world is everyone getting those paintjobs? For some reason I can't get a glossy finish on my stapler when I try, even though I've never had a similar problem on other props I've painted. Then again, I wasn't going for a gloss finish on those other ones either.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back