The Definitive DC Extended Universe Batsuit Research Thread

I see. Well Teragon, lemme know how that comes. I read through the old posts and your guys' ideas are awesome! If I don't acquire what I need by the time you guys finish it's very possible I still buy one. The reason I said the thing about not costing too much is because I'm trying not to spend too much money but I will based on quality and all that

Various concepts for the film by Jerad S. Marantz.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I see. Well Teragon, lemme know how that comes. I read through the old posts and your guys' ideas are awesome! If I don't acquire what I need by the time you guys finish it's very possible I still buy one. The reason I said the thing about not costing too much is because I'm trying not to spend too much money but I will based on quality and all that

Just in case anyone hasn't seen my Run thread in the Classifieds but

AgymPSB.jpg

ssOvG6G.jpg

Here are Teragon and my screen printed replica of the textures

Regarding the sheets, is it just one sheet copied with the same pattern for multiple sheets? Or does each sheet have it's own individual pattern that corresponds with the suit? Looks amazing by the way.

Currently, I have it printed out to Teragon's chest pattern, but in our final sheet it will be printed onto a 17 x 25 inch screen with a graphic texture that fills up the screen.

Since it's too costly to create a screen for every specific pattern (eg arms, legs, torso) we decided to create a non-specific screen.

If you have any more questions about the run, please do post in my run thread. I'd be happy to answer the questions here but it would take away from the main topic and it'd be hard to go back and forth between threads.

I'm very happy to see you guys went with gunmetal grey instead of that bright glitter-y silver everyone else uses.
I'd be very interested to see how the fabric reacts to light once properly painted as well!

Is that the final color you're going with? The second photo still looks too light. Maybe it's because you need to see it as a completed suit. Someone posted earlier about laochfx and their suit. Their suit does look great but it's waaaaay too dark and expensive. I think people are confusing the actual color of the suit and the post-production color after its been edited.

I'm very happy to see you guys went with gunmetal grey instead of that bright glitter-y silver everyone else uses.
I'd be very interested to see how the fabric reacts to light once properly painted as well!

Thanks Mr Mold Maker, it helps I know about various inks.

Is that the final color you're going with? The second photo still looks too light. Maybe it's because you need to see it as a completed suit. Someone posted earlier about laochfx and their suit. Their suit does look great but it's waaaaay too dark and expensive. I think people are confusing the actual color of the suit and the post-production color after its been edited.

I'm keeping the screen printed ink colors the same, but I will be changing the color of the fabric. The color of the fabric was just something we bought from a wholesale shop, not necssarily reflecting the fabric we will use in the end.

image.jpeg

So here is some confirmation that the fin shape did indeed change. A great look at the gaunts in general as well. Less similarities than I think people thought.

Was just about to post that and give you reason about the fins ! Still a bit hard to make out the shape of that plate armor over the gaunts though. The glove itself seem to be the same at least.

Was just about to post that and give you reason about the fins ! Still a bit hard to make out the shape of that plate armor over the gaunts though. The glove itself seem to be the same at least.

Check the storyboards too. Looks like Deathstoke? Perhaps for the Affleck solo film?

Last edited:
After buying a custom fitted Laoch FX suit to my measurements in July, I think it's a great way to go for authenticity. I bought the v1 suit from them, however the only thing I would still like to crack if I get their v2 battle damage patterned version, is what kind of adhesive to use to glue the foam muscles behind the fabric because a chemical reaction from both Super 77 and Weldwood Contact Cement ended up causing a lot of the surface pattern byweave ink to flake away, leaving it looking uneven in bright light which is disappointing in how it ruins such an expensive fabric.

This is my suit:

14907038_10153878787280966_2536163949752907696_n.jpg

This is the close up of how the ink flaked off from the Super 77 and contact cement fumes. Any one have any ideas what kind of glue to use to prevent this from happening?

14718773_10153852045270966_3032290943777072185_n.jpg

Got my muscles from great artist on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/KsydersFX

il_570xN.1056781989_d9tq.jpg

Back to actually replicating the suit haha. I am looking for a textured batman suit for a little on the cheaper side. I found a company on Facebook called LaochFX, who makes this beautiful textured suit but it's 500+ dollars. I'd also like to find an inexpensive muscle suit that is also accurate.

Last edited:
Hey guys for the cowl I think ivefound the closest thing and it's even in foam latex! :);) it's on Amazon by rubies

Yes I know rubies :/ but it looks good and had the flexiblity I think we're all looking for for our cowls... a little work it could be pretty sweet.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back