The Definitive DC Extended Universe Batsuit Research Thread

Re: First Look: Ben Affleck In BATMAN/SUPERMAN Batsuit!

I'm happy to rock the boat and say it's disappointing. I was expecting.. I don't know.. something more. The hype, the discussion about how amazing it looks from people like the director and even Afleck's mrs.. then what gets released is basically a real life version of "Dark Knight Returns"? I'm keen to see more of it, and I'm sure I'll come around, but it just feels like they didn't really come up with anything unique with both the suit and the batmobile.

original.jpg

The suit is not meant to be original. It's fusion of the three greatest batsuits in my opinion.

The Dark Knight Returns: Batsuit profile and emblem
Batman_arkham_city_skin_dark_knight.jpg

New 52: Ridges and lack of underwear
batman_arkham_origins__new_52_batman__ios__by_xnasyndicate-d6qy6mk.png

Arkham City: Texture of the batsuit
AAAC-10.jpg

One thing's for sure—Snyder sure likes his heroes HUGE. I guess it makes sense for Supes. His bulk is mostly triggered by the sun according to the movie, and Bats needs the bulk to fight without the assistance of any special powers. But it seems to make their alter-egos a little more conspicuous...

10320534_647535375321935_1198198438805527218_n.jpg
I'm in if you make the movie version of this emblem & cowl! but you already knew that...I mean this has to be the best translation of the suit from the books to the screen. Just have to figure out the cape/cowl issue. Other than that the nomex / carbon fiber weave shouldn't be too hard (lol).

From what little I can see, it looks like the cape is made of leather.

I really like it. It's refreshing to see several movies go back to the source material and pull the heroes right off of the page (TASM2, Captain America in the Avengers, etc.). Can't wait to see a full color photo. I'm personally hoping for some blue in there!

Anyone ever see Superman/Batman: Public Enemies ?

Suit looks similar, I wonder if any elements of that storyline will be in the movie..
Batman_and_Superman_SBPE.jpg

It looks as though the cowl and cape have a leather texture...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is just a normal rubber cowl. The lightning does the rest.

If you look at the hi res versions on the net that have been adjusted.. You can see leather texture.. But it could be an effect of the manips

Look round his actual earsImageUploadedByTapatalk1400061607.237357.jpg

Cant wait to see more pics of this bat suit , im sure it will have muscle suit wear under this suit , like Man of steel . also .... according to the costume designer MICHAEL WILKINSON , there will be 2 suit for Batman on this movie , now we already saw one classic looks , so another will be strong armor with white and silver plates .... also wondering will they also change Superman suit design or they might just add some armor piece on it ..... hopefully they will not change the Texture Chainmail on the suit cause thats the deisgn suit from Krypton. :unsure

Cant wait to see more pics of this bat suit , im sure it will have muscle suit wear under this suit , like Man of steel . also .... according to the costume designer MICHAEL WILKINSON , there will be 2 suit for Batman on this movie , now we already saw one classic looks , so another will be strong armor with white and silver plates .... also wondering will they also change Superman suit design or they might just add some armor piece on it ..... hopefully they will not change the Texture Chainmail on the suit cause thats the deisgn suit from Krypton. :unsure

batman_vs_superman.jpg

I think is was Zack himself that said all the costumes are complete and all of them have some sort of new changes. So yes there will be a "new" Superman suit but I doubt it will be that big of a change. I'm most curious to see Wonder Woman given the classic look of Batman.

I can't express how happy I am to see a comic based suit!!! Ever since the Batman 89 suit they all look the same. Even in Batman Begins it was just another rubber suit. I give Nolan credit for geting away from that in The Dark Knight Rises, but I never liked that suit. I think this is very promising. I hope to see more!!!

Re: Superman VS Batman, new Batman costume

Yes! I like this cowl. I loved the old comic cowl and I haven't seen a cowl in movies that made justice to that cowl, these are more similar to a helmet. In my opinion, this is closer to the cowl that I used to see in comics when I was a child..

Re: Superman VS Batman, new Batman costume

For me the grey and black color is beautiful and very similar with old comics, and Ben affleck is perfect for the role.

the cowl face is very similar with Batman Dead End.

I am very interested to see how they did the cape/cowl one piece, giving it's synder, he'll pretty sure be able to turn his head easily

If you look at the hi res versions on the net that have been adjusted.. You can see leather texture.. But it could be an effect of the manips

Look round his actual earsView attachment 324905

I have the original hi-res and it has a leather texture, but I'm 99% sure thats just added in the sculpt so that it doesn't look like latex.

I'm loving this suit and can't wait to see more. I especially love the gauntlets, I'm definitely going to need some.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back