The Definitive DC Extended Universe Batsuit Research Thread

Re: The Definitive BvS: Dawn Of Justice Batsuit Research Thread

silkscreener

If you could make your boot sole fit the UD replica DOJ Batman boots, that would be the best. I feel like UD Replica's boot is better than Nincostumes, but the sole is not accurate. I want to get the UD replica boot and just put your sole on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

anyone notice that the knuckles look like they are protruding from beneath the glove? to me it looks like the glove has holes were the knuckles are supposed to be and beneath that theres a pad with the knuckles on them. and were is the thumb knuckle placed? bat knuckles.PNG

anyone notice that the knuckles look like they are protruding from beneath the glove? to me it looks like the glove has holes were the knuckles are supposed to be and beneath that theres a pad with the knuckles on them. and were is the thumb knuckle placed? View attachment 614424
No... sorry but they are on top as there is a shadow from them on the material above. It certainly gives off an illusion that they are beneath the glove..Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 22.41.50.png

oh ok thank you very much. Btw what is the glove that everybody buys when adding the knuckles? ive been looking on amazon but havent seen any that look similar.
No... sorry but they are on top as there is a shadow from them on the material above. It certainly gives off an illusion that they are beneath the glove..View attachment 614659

They are inserts. They aren't top mounted. There is open leather around the knuckles.

One of the screen printing guys I'm talking to needs to know what kind of fabric that we're going to use. So have we decided on a specific fabric, and also a fabric color?

They are inserts. They aren't top mounted. There is open leather around the knuckles.
thank you. i think i try sewing some pleather gloves and make inserts for it to see if i can get a look similar to the pic i uploaded earlier. should it be like a pad with the knuckles on the that i slip into the glove?

One of the screen printing guys I'm talking to needs to know what kind of fabric that we're going to use. So have we decided on a specific fabric, and also a fabric color?
Well I'm voting Lycra, like the original, if possible. For the color I don't know, brucebatman contacted guys specializes in fabric dying I think, maybe he got something for us ? I can get the RGB values of the grey in Photoshop, but it's not gonna be the exact grey ...

Well I'm voting Lycra, like the original, if possible. For the color I don't know, @brucebatman contacted guys specializes in fabric dying I think, maybe he got something for us ? I can get the RGB values of the grey in Photoshop, but it's not gonna be the exact grey ...

Do we know that Lycra is the original? If so, then that's what we should do. And what color silver or metallic grey, and type of ink should we use for the 1st layer? And then what type of ink for the 2nd layer?

No worries. Not an excellent news though, it's been what, a week ? Either they're really busy, which doesn't bode well for us, or they're simply not replying, which isn't good neither.
Anyway, here some grey colours pulled from a studio pic, in case it helps.
grey.png

edit : I keep forgetting brucebatman has the real fabric. Might be better to let you take care of that if you don't mind ? I'm guessing it's not written on it what kind of fabric it is, but someone might now by the feel, stretch and pattern.
caunyd, I thought I read somewhere it was lycra but I can't find where anymore. So I'm not sure actually. We know it's not spandex though.

yeah im going to take care of that dude im waiting on an email back from the company to see if they can dye the fabric the same colour as mine if they can im going to send a swatch of the fabric and and the material i want dying im thinking glissenette which is what i think it is. then after thats sorted i will send the fabric to someone who can get it printed the correct way so its a group effort.

yeah im going to take care of that dude im waiting on an email back from the company to see if they can dye the fabric the same colour as mine if they can im going to send a swatch of the fabric and and the material i want dying im thinking glissenette which is what i think it is. then after thats sorted i will send the fabric to someone who can get it printed the correct way so its a group effort.

I think Kiyominai said that if they don't answer the email, you can call them.

Good news, I have at least one company willing to do this project. However, they're back-logged for 3-4 weeks, but I think that's ok, since we still need to finalize fabric type and color, and ink type and color. They haven't given me a quote yet either because we haven't given them that information yet.

Oh 3-4 weeks aren't a problem. This is we're I'm at :
update.png
It is extensively time consuming. I can't use illustrator automatic effects to create the ragged strips unfortunately, otherwise they don't fit the tire tracks. So it's all by hand.

It is extensively time consuming. I can't use illustrator automatic effects to create the ragged strips unfortunately, otherwise they don't fit the tire tracks. So it's all by hand.
teragon

Before you sink more time into it. Only one of the companies I've spoken to has said yes specifically to AI files, and that's not even the company that said yes to doing the screen printing for us. The company that has said yes hasn't specified which file type they want, although it could very well be .ai. That's not to say that others won't accept the .ai files, it's just that I want to be sure they will, otherwise you'll be wasting your time. I should know more by the end of this week, every company has been so busy, and usually the approval has to come from a manager. As of yet, I don't even have a dollar amount quote, since they all require more information including fabric type/color, ink type/color.

Oh 3-4 weeks aren't a problem. This is we're I'm at :
View attachment 615211

Sorry I disappeared from this conversation. Moved this last week and have been without internet until now.

You seem do be doing what we normally have to do with custom art we get in our shop. Our artists use Adobe Illustrator to convert all files to vector graphics. So basically they have to go through and manually trace every aspect of an image and break it up into "layers" for each color. It's an extremely time consuming process. IMPORTANT thing you'll want to add to each layer are registration marks so that when the images are transferred to the screens they can be lined up again in their original positions.

There are programs available that can help automate this process. Found this video that may be of some use. It's a free program and I don't have any experience with it but it may be worth looking into. Not sure what file formats it supports, though.

have any of you guys ordered the fabric that someone on etsy sells? they have the batfleck and superman raised prints on spandex. charges like $50 per 24x30 of fabric. i'll try and see if i can find it again

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back