Wayward Pines

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Having read the book, really looking forward to this Lost-like series on Fox:

Last edited by a moderator:
MV5BMTEwMzI2Mzg3MDZeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDg1NTQxNjAx._V1_SY317_CR1,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Secret Service agent Ethan Burke arrives in the bucolic town of Wayward Pines, ID, on a mission to find two missing federal agents. But instead of answers, Ethan's investigation only turns up more questions. What's wrong with Wayward Pines? Each step closer to the truth takes Ethan further from the life he knew, from the husband and father he was, until he must face the terrifying reality that he may never get out of Wayward Pines alive.

Matt Dillon, Melissa Leo, Toby Jones, Juliette Lewis, Carla Gugino and Terrence Howard

It's strange, but Barnes and Noble doesn't carry these books in their stores. Tried calling quite a few before I realized it. I just picked up an autographed poster of the cast that was obtained at Comic-Con, hopefully the show does well and the value goes up. Can't wait to check out the show!

Watched the first episode. Enjoyed it so far but I kinda feel they may have given a bit too much away to begin with. Looking forward to more.

Ben

you know i almost posted a thread about this last night! i was super excited for the show BUT my grand mother has been sick and we have been in the hospital every night this week. my mind is usually pretty solid, but with all the chaos i totally forgot about it airing this week!! does anyone know where i can watch it online?

today was episode 2 at 9pm. BUT episode 1 aired at 8pm so i caught it in time! episode 1 left me feeling "eeehhhh" i hope this goes some where. i dedicated 6 years of my living breathing life every day thinking about LOST. once that ended there has been a missing piece in my world... Revolution i thought was going to be that piece...

season 1 was amazing... then season 2 happened, and no story progressed, every episode was horrible, to the point i said every episode.. "im done watching this"...but still hoped for that LOST missing piece.. and never got it in season 2 UNTIL the last episode that 10 second season right before the end with the ice cream stand... ERRRR!! why! that was such a awesome scene, and it gave me high hopes for season 3... but already knew at the time the show was cancelled...

episode 2 of wayward pines aired tonight and all i can say is im hooked!! i CAN NOT wait to see where this goes, and i prey, and i mean prey this goes the way i want it and ill have that missing part of me back

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like episode 1 is repeating this Thursday.

thanks! i just saw your post now, luckily i did catch it by mistake! double checking the air time for tonights episode to set the DVR, i loved it!

Wayward Pines shouldn't become like LOST and get all tangled up in its own plot line because it's only a 10 episode long series, not a full length one. I don't see this becoming a full series mainly because a number of the cast, namely Terence Howard, are busy on other shows.

I've been meaning to check the show out. It looks interesting

Revolution i thought was going to be that piece...

season 1 was amazing... then season 2 happened, and no story progressed, every episode was horrible, to the point i said every episode.. "im done watching this"...but still hoped for that LOST missing piece.. and never got it in season 2 UNTIL the last episode that 10 second season right before the end with the ice cream stand... ERRRR!! why! that was such a awesome scene, and it gave me high hopes for season 3... but already knew at the time the show was cancelled...

DC Comics is releasing/has released? a digital comic this month to give the series a "proper finale"

Dear Revolutionaries, Patriots, and Soldiers of the Monroe Militia,
So first of all—thank you. Seriously. Sincerely. The loyalty you’ve shown REVOLUTION these past months has been touching and overwhelming—it’s meant more to me than you’ll ever know. And in case you were wondering—yes, we’ve been listening. We’ve read the tweets. We’ve seen the incredible petition. We’ve followed #RelocateRevolution. Please know that you’ve been heard.
And solely because of your efforts, we wanted to pay you back—to give you something fantastic. And while, unfortunately, we simply can’t make more episodes of the show (alas, there are financial realities we can’t overcome), we can do the next best thing. Which is end the story. On our terms. Exactly the way we would have.
So J.J., Jon and I are pleased and proud to announce the Revolution endgame: a four-issue series coming soon from DC Comics. If you take a look at the attached photo, you’ll see that we brought back the entire writing staff to work on it. The band’s back together! (And if you study the photo closely, you’ll notice a certain young, plucky Matheson who also joined us). Everyone has generously agreed to work for little or no money. They’re doing it, because like you, they’re passionate about this story and want to see it end correctly.
So stay tuned. We’ve got lots of work to do. We’ll keep you posted—in the coming months, you can expect more details, sneak peeks, and early artwork. But Miles, Monroe, Rachel, Charlie, Aaron, Neville and the rest will return for the epic finale to the REVOLUTION storyline. We hope you’re as excited as we are. And again—thank you. This is because of you. This is for you.

I heard an interview with the show's creator on NPR where it's meant to be a single season and that's it. It'll answer all the questions, and won't be dragged out. The point is to tell a self contained story. In light of that, I'm actually interested in seeing it.

10 Episodes were produced.

This thing has been in the can for iirc 2 years.

Already over and done with! :lol

Has two of my favorite Actors in it, Reed and Melissa.

I've been meaning to check the show out. It looks interesting

DC Comics is releasing/has released? a digital comic this month to give the series a "proper finale"

Dear Revolutionaries, Patriots, and Soldiers of the Monroe Militia,
So first of all—thank you. Seriously. Sincerely. The loyalty you’ve shown REVOLUTION these past months has been touching and overwhelming—it’s meant more to me than you’ll ever know. And in case you were wondering—yes, we’ve been listening. We’ve read the tweets. We’ve seen the incredible petition. We’ve followed #RelocateRevolution. Please know that you’ve been heard.
And solely because of your efforts, we wanted to pay you back—to give you something fantastic. And while, unfortunately, we simply can’t make more episodes of the show (alas, there are financial realities we can’t overcome), we can do the next best thing. Which is end the story. On our terms. Exactly the way we would have.
So J.J., Jon and I are pleased and proud to announce the Revolution endgame: a four-issue series coming soon from DC Comics. If you take a look at the attached photo, you’ll see that we brought back the entire writing staff to work on it. The band’s back together! (And if you study the photo closely, you’ll notice a certain young, plucky Matheson who also joined us). Everyone has generously agreed to work for little or no money. They’re doing it, because like you, they’re passionate about this story and want to see it end correctly.
So stay tuned. We’ve got lots of work to do. We’ll keep you posted—in the coming months, you can expect more details, sneak peeks, and early artwork. But Miles, Monroe, Rachel, Charlie, Aaron, Neville and the rest will return for the epic finale to the REVOLUTION storyline. We hope you’re as excited as we are. And again—thank you. This is because of you. This is for you.

i heard about this! i found a site online but at the time it wasn't showing anything when i clicked the links, i talked to my local comic book store and they said the rumor is it is coming to paper back? but we don't know for sure, I'm very exciting to read this!

- - - Updated - - -

10 Episodes were produced.

This thing has been in the can for iirc 2 years.

Already over and done with! :lol

Has two of my favorite Actors in it, Reed and Melissa.

awww... i was hoping this was going to go good :(

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back