Question Pulse is stuck on April 7?

Sorry guys. Wanted to follow up on this. Pulse is neither dead or stuck.

Due to both a very low viewership (despite a lot of work on the part of both @FANGS and @Vivek) as well as some software issues, we temporarily put Pulse on hold pending a relaunch with updated software that will be easier to manage.

To give you an idea of where we are at, we generally have roughly around 30,000 unique people visit the RPF on any given day. Pulse was getting about 300. We had two very competent people putting out a lot of effort for what amounted to very few people. When our members are willing to help the community like this, we want to make sure their efforts are being used for something that is getting a response worthy of that effort. At the moment, that is not the case. We are going to be focusing on trying again once we are done with this next round of Junkyard updates. If it doesn't work out, we will say goodbye to Pulse for good.

I actually really enjoyed writing articles for the pulse, and got some good feedback. It was just a very unfriendly system to load those articles up and attach stuff to it that did it in for me.

Sad to hear it wasn't getting the readership it deserved but then again since very few original articles were going up it was a cut and paste from other sites. I think that was really the problem. If the only place to go read that stuff was the pulse then of course it would have been the go to place.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back