Salt Lake Comic Con ideas?

killergata

I'm still in the process of making my daft punk helmets, but really I probably won't be able to get through the second one by september. I wanted to start a godzilla suit project for a haunted house that I was going to do, but I realize i probably can't make enough money. I have a ton of leftover blue puffy paint and I was considering a spider-man costume, but are there any other ideas on a costume to do that costs around 50 bucks? I still might want to make something for my haunted house that's very scary. I'm also just interested in any superhero related things and movie related things. Any ideas?

Hey I'll be there in September! FanX in April was fantastic. But anyways. If you are going cheap consider doing a build with Cardboard or something. I'd stay away from armor as those builds can get pricey if you aren't careful. Maybe a Thor? Aquaman. What I did for April was wait until they started announcing the guest list, which they are starting to next week. And that gave me an idea of what I wanted to go as. So maybe something to consider? Any super heroes or movies that are higher on your list than others?

Thanks for the info. My number one favorite movie is inception but as far as superheroes go, Dark Knight Trilogy is my favorite along with Raimi spider-man. I failed at a man of steel costume which I was using puffy paint on, but a ton of it is still left over. I just need something that cam give me something to do over summer.

You could do a Peter Parker with the Spidey suit underneath (remember the Superman shot Raimi put in the first film? ) That way, you wouldn't have to get the suit perfect, just good enough at first glance.
A name tag that says Peter Parker might help convey as well.

Also, I live in Orem so I'll be at SLCC too. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Great idea! I think now what i'm going to do is something spider-man related. I'll probably do a whole costume but if all else fails I'll just keep the chest and have a white shirt and suit on. I'm going to have to wait a little bit though because I still want to wait for the celebrity list. Anyone have any other ideas for a scare house that I could do that would take up the summer because I still want to focus on that as well.

Okay so some of the celebrities have been announced and I could do something related to Arrow since John Barrowman is going to be there. I made a BTTF2 hoverboard back in september so I could strap it on to my leg since christopher lloyd is going to be there.

Either of those sound awesome! Just go with what you will have fun doing. Or if you really want your hoverboard signed by Doc himself you could take it etc. But ultimately wear something you love and enjoy portraying, and it doesn't matter how professional it looks because people will get more out of it from your attitude and acting the part. Will be super excited to see what you decide on.

Is the Salt Lake ComiCon every year? I'm brand-new to the costuming world, and I thought that I might make a Skyrim or Halo costume for ComiCon, as it's the only Con I live relatively close to...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back