power rangers movie is coming!

Doubt their gonna use the original power rangers tho. Not even sure all would be up for that. Jason david frank would be tho since he still plays a power ranger from time to time and was even in the super power beatdown vs scorpion :).

This show was my jam when I was a kid. I even remember playing with a friend of mine down the street one afternoon and when I found out I missed an episode while we were playing, I walked home crying. I hope this "re-imagining" doesn't include discarding the suits, zords or command center (Zordon and Alpha). I look forward to seeing how this develops.

It would be neat if Jason David Frank was some sort of Obi-type figure, but I don't see it happening...

I could see the originals making cameos like teachers in the school or martial arts instructors at the rec center. Something like that.

WARNING BAD JOKE BELOW.

Bay should actually direct this one. His building collapsing prowess would come in handy for the Zord battles ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so im pretty stoked for this. Me and some buddies are already talking about cosplaying together whenever it does premier. As for the originals being in it at some point, I think within the fandom, we all agree that if any of them were to show up it would be Jason David Frank. The guy pretty much ****** himself out and I don't think his ego would allow him to not be in the movie.

I just watched the original movie last night and wow the special effects were just terrible, I actually remember them being great back in the day haha. I pretty much grew up with the power rangers and I hope they throw in some of the original cast just for nostalgia sake.

If they do make a movie I wonder how it would be coincide with the TV show. If it's a reboot would it rewrite the original Mighty Morphin's canon since it's also (I guess technically) Saban? Maybe it'll be like a different universe kind of deal where the movie doesn't actually coincide with the TV show but just tells its own story, I guess kind of like Sony and Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man. As long as Paul Schrier and Jason Narvy are in it I'm happy, although maybe they won't be able to play high school teenagers, it'd be kind of hilarious to just have them play teenagers though.

/\ Same. I grew up with Mighty Morphin, and I realize the cheesefest it is now, but JDF is still the best. As long as he is in it, I support it, if not...I cannot watch it the same.

Considering it's going to be a reboot of the franchise, I don't think any of the originals will be involved.

I didn't see anything confirming its a reboot. Judging by the way this guy on Forbes was writting about it, he wasn't a fan, and probably did nill for research on the matter.

Its probably going to be a feature film based on the more current series, used to introduce fans to a new series. That has been the consistant formula that saban has used time and time again. Using the films as a marketing tool to start a new tv series.

They have never done this in true reboot fashion. It usually leaves characters in place, just continuing the story on with new elements.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Its probably going to be a feature film based on the more current series, used to introduce fans to a new series.

Didn't they cancel the power rangers series a few years ago?

In any event, if it's not Mighty Morphin I'm not interested. Mighty Morphin was awesome and Zeo had it's moment, but after that they just kept gettting more and more ridiculous. Of course that could just be because I was getting older, but still.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back