power rangers movie is coming!

mbxw6vnbvaplvmablzbr.jpg

From what I read, the suits are suppose to be more "organic" than how the originals were.

As for everyone who screams "IRON MAN!" not just at this, but well, pretty much other film suit's designs, you guys do realize that Iron Man's design overall is a pretty BASIC concept for fictional armor, right?

It annoys me that people want to jump on that bandwagon everytime.

Too smooth/organic looking- "iron man!"

Too bulky: "HALO!"

Constant cycle with people and it's pretty stupid.

I just find the suits to be overly complicated and the colours just dont look good in that last picture. I have to say tho that the similarities between the rangers and rita are there. Might just be me but why do i have a feeling that she was the green ranger at one point. colours and details in her suit def could mean that she was at one point.

Earlier post mentioned the suits from the first ranger movie and kind of hoped they would have gone in that direction more which was def a good way of making the series suits a bit more modern.

I think I had just discounted that a Power Rangers movie would definitely be doing a huge monster vs huge robot scenario.

Whilst some of them posters have crappy placement of the people, overall they do look pretty cool.

ZORRRDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ill keep my eye on it and just hope they don't screw it up to bad I would like to see a close up picture of the costumes from what Ive seen they look like something from iron man

I don't like the fact that the kids are juvenile delinquents who happen upon the power coins or that they have powers outside of the suits when originally, the rangers were chosen for their virtues and the suits gave them power. I'm not against changes for the movies, especially considering the [lack of] quality of the original series, but what's the point of the suits if they're already invincible without them? Still, I'm hopeful that this will be good.

i dont mind them being "troubled kids". the power coins will show them how to become polite little good doing teens. :wacko

I don't like the fact that the kids are juvenile delinquents who happen upon the power coins

Well, it looks more like a Saturday/Alternative School setup meant as a last ditch effort for students to catch up on their studies. While it's seemingly true that Jason is a delinquent (given the ankle monitor he's wearing and the fact that the cops came to visit his home), that doesn't necessarily mean that the rest are. We've only seen Jason, Billy, and Kimberly at the Saturday thing. Not sure why Billy is there, as he's pretty strait-laced (probably had something to do with the bully that eventually headbutts him with comedic ineffectualness). Kimberly is back after a six month absence from school (I'm calling that she's either a teen mom or had an abortion), so she's making up for the lost time. Looks like Trini gets involved at the time they find the coins. Not sure when Zack gets involved, though.

Power Rangers Movie Character Names And Descriptions

Basically, it looks like they're doing the Redemption Arc with at least Jason and are going with the whole "just because you've done bad things or come from a bad place doesn't mean you can't be a hero" route with everyone.

or that they have powers outside of the suits when originally, the rangers were chosen for their virtues and the suits gave them power.

No, the coins always gave them the power. The suits were basically a set of armor to help out as well as to provide a symbol to give people hope.

I'm not against changes for the movies, especially considering the [lack of] quality of the original series, but what's the point of the suits if they're already invincible without them? Still, I'm hopeful that this will be good.

What's the point of Superman wearing a suit when literally nothing except some hocus pocus or some prettily-colored rare stones can hurt him?

It's simple. The suit gives people a symbol to believe in. Same reason why Steve Rogers wears the red, white, and blue.

Last edited:
I'm betting that the bully is Bulk.

And for Jason, given the wrecked truck in the driveway in conjunction with the ankle bracelet he probably got popped for due and someone was injured.

I don't like the fact that the kids are juvenile delinquents who happen upon the power coins or that they have powers outside of the suits when originally, the rangers were chosen for their virtues and the suits gave them power. I'm not against changes for the movies, especially considering the [lack of] quality of the original series, but what's the point of the suits if they're already invincible without them? Still, I'm hopeful that this will be good.

It's also quite a large jump to assume that they are "invincible". A headbutt, punching through a sink and a large leap across a chasm apparently doesn't hurt them - that doesn't mean they can't get hurt. They might require the suits to contain the energy of the coins, and to be able to interface with the Zords.

It seemed to me that Billy had a neurosis of some kind - only based on the idea that they showed him aligning his pencils with a lot of care before he is knocked - it could be that he is very smart/socially disadvantaged and that has landed him in trouble. I do think that this takes place before they get powers. Not assuming that all neat people have a neurosis of course, or that all neurosis is OCD. Just that the film makers will be showing us that for a reason.

And Jason pushes Billy's bully away from his table - hints at his core being good. Just because something has happened that has lead to an ankle monitor (which he refers to as a mistake) doesn't mean he isn't a good person anyway. I don't know if he will need to be redeemed, probably just given purpose.

Didn't we see Zack on top of the train pulling a fairly classic pose? He was wearing black at least and had what looked like a motorcycle helmet and a backpack on. He might already be a vigilante. Just some guessing.

Overall it all seems a bit derivative/basic motivations but then what isn't nowadays. I'll still catch this at cinemas because I really, really want to see the Zords. If they get anything close to Pacific Rim with the giant action, I'll be satisfied. If theres also a good film in there with some emotion, bit of comedy etc - great.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back