power rangers movie is coming!

Not that big of a fan tho altho agree that it is heavily photoshopped and wouldnt surprise me if these are just cgi costumes.
This pic is maybe full CGI, but according to the article that was with the pic, there are practical costumes for each actor. Maybe CGI enhanced, one of the actress spoke of wearing it to a party, so it's probably not just a CGI pj !

SO i swapped the head and gave him a staff, boom Lord Zedd. They even have the blue tubes running throughout the body. This cant be coincidence.
power-rangers-2017-costumes-images.jpg

I've seen better costumes in xrated superhero spoofs, including the weird power ranger ones in japan. They look like low budget Halloween costumes.

These just look like they took their inspiration from the first, Ivan Ooze, Power Rangers movie.

Why are Power Rangers' producers so afraid of soft suits?! Batman, Superman, Spider-man, Black Widow, Captain America... they all prove soft suits can show power.

-Nick

I can see what they were trying to go with in the new suits but they went way overboard, in my opinion. A hint of armoring would have been fine, something akin to early plate and mail style armor but even less, a breast and back plate but not connected to form a cuirass, just stand alone plates that leave the sides of the torso expose. A bit of armor for the upper arm just below the shoulders, and then a vambrace down at the lower arms. For the legs I'd add a thigh plate and high boots which I might add some sort of shin guard too but that's it. The rest of the body would be covered by a simple body suit that's not over textured like everything seems to be today.

where's NeilT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power Rangers KILLED Ninja Turtles fever the first time around. I've had it out for it ever since.

All those little punks on the news who just a year before had turtle bandanas now had power ranger helmets on.
Traitors.

Actually, I've never been a fan of live action japanese/japanese monster shows. I think they look dumb. Japanese Anime, on the other hand, is a different story.
I was more upset by dragonball evolution than this silly series ;o)

Sometimes when you have more money, you just do too much with things. These outfits are a perfect example. I favor the more simplistic old ones. Less is more. These are bad.

Y those action shots do make it look better and im just glad that they arent cgi suits. Maybe a bit more of a simple design would have been better but thats just nostalgia talking :)

Soooo... Brian Cranston just cast as Zordon. No joke. Makes total sense though, he voiced several monsters in Season 1, and Billy Cranston was named after him.

Might look better than in the still photo shot we saw at first, but it's like saying poop looked better in the sun than the shade. It's still poop.

I just saw an article that said the new movie would be less like the TV show and "more like The Dark Knight".

Good grief! When will people stop saying their superhero movies will be more like The Dark Knight?! I mean, it was good and all, but geez!

I just saw an article that said the new movie would be less like the TV show and "more like The Dark Knight".

Good grief! When will people stop saying their superhero movies will be more like The Dark Knight?! I mean, it was good and all, but geez!

thats good news to me, the i just re watched season 1 and 2... wow i can't believe i use to watch this stuff lol, glad it will be taken more seriously

Sometimes when you have more money, you just do too much with things. These outfits are a perfect example. I favor the more simplistic old ones. Less is more. These are bad.
Yes, but then people would complain that they suck when compared to the more detailed Ironman or Pacific Rim suits.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

i dont think the spandex would work today... it worked back in the early 90's for a low budget tv show. but take a look at the power rangers: first movie. they added armor, gave it a fresh new design.

time has changed we can't expect them to stick with the 100% accurate 90's suites.

the new suits have a little too much armor for my taste, but I'm not totally turned off by it. I'm willing to give this a chance. i even like the rumored idea of rita being the ex green ranger, that makes more sense with her having the green power coin, which we never got a explanation in the tv show

When Tron Legacy first released I thought that if they ever make a power rangers movie they should follow their design.
It is a good blend of spandex and armor. Not too bulky and looks like it would fit the power rangers fighting style. Missed opportunity.
kinopoisk-ru-tron_3a-legacy-1394101-w-1600.jpg
TronLegacy0956-1-.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back