power rangers movie is coming!

Didn't they cancel the power rangers series a few years ago?

In any event, if it's not Mighty Morphin I'm not interested. Mighty Morphin was awesome and Zeo had it's moment, but after that they just kept gettting more and more ridiculous. Of course that could just be because I was getting older, but still.

No, it's still going. I think they are on Megaforce now. I've only caught glimpses of some of them but it looks like they can morph into any of the previous ranger incarnations in the new ones.

guys its allready been said that its a MIGHTY MORPHING POWER RANGERS movie, not a zeo, not a megaforce, or whatever the others are called. its not gonna be reboot either, why would they reboot a series thats still going (and strong, as i may add)
its just a standalone movie

Nerdist says the new film franchise will "re-envision" the team for the modern big screen. Sounds like a reboot to me

Why do I get the feeling that this "modern big screen" revision will likely reduce the female ratio from two team members down to one and be gratuitously PG-13? Also, despite how random the selection might be, I'll bet that all the Rangers will have some unbeknownst history with each other that makes every single one of them connected.

I'd really like to see a rated "R" Power Rangers. Or maybe not rated "R" but at least something made for adults to enjoy. I absolutely loved that Scorpion vs. White Ranger youtube video and I think a big budgeted Power Ranger movie with that kinda of energy behind it would be well embraced from those of us that grew up watching the Rangers kick the crap out of bad guys till they evolve and then bust out the zords.

World Exclusive! What are Katee Sackhoff and James Van Der Beek doing in Joseph Kahn's Power/Rangers?

Joseph Kahn: "Deboot of the Power Rangers. My take on the FAN FILM. Not a pilot, not a series, not for profit, strictly for exhibition. This is a bootleg experiment not affiliated or endorsed by Saban Entertainment or Lionsgate nor is it selling any product. I claim no rights to any of the characters (don't send me any money, not kickstarted, this film is free). This is the NSFW version. An alternate safe version is on youtube.

Interview by Drew McWeeny at Hitfix: http://hitfix.com/motion-captured/w...n-der-beek-doing-in-joseph-kahns-powerrangers

Making Of: (to be posted soon)

CAST:

Katee Sackhoff - Kimberly/Pink
James Van Der Beek - Rocky
Russ Bain - Tommy/Green
Will Yun Lee - General Klank
Gichi Gamba - Zack/Black

CREW

Director: Joseph Kahn
Writers: Joseph Kahn, James Van Der Beek, Dutch Southern
Producers: Adi Shankar, Jil Hardin
Executive Producers: Justin Smith, David Kang, Raymond Watt, Michael S. Kim
Co-producers: Renn Brown, Kathy Palmer
Cinematographer: Christopher Probst
Production Designer: Brett Hess
Costume Designer: Edda Gudmunsdottir
Stunt/Fight Coordinator: Don Theerathada/87 Eleven
Sound Designer: Fletcher Alliston

Music by: Brain and Melissa
Visual Effects: Ingenuity Engine
Visual Effects Supervisors: David Lebensfeld, Grant Miller, Chris Watts

Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/PowerRangersBootleg "

[video=vimeo;120401488]https://vimeo.com/120401488][/video]

POWER/RANGERS - YouTube

Why Bootleg The Power Rangers - YouTube

Adi Shankar: "When I was a child I had two favorite TV shows the X-Men animated series and Power Rangers. I eventually came to the realization that high school kids weaponized to fight an intergalactic threat would turn those kids into some seriously disturbed adults."

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't watch the TV series, but as a teen I watched the 1995 Power Rangers movie in theatres couple of times. No idea how it holds up now.

I would love to see a R-rated Power Rangers movie, but after the commercial failure of Dredd there is no way Lionsgate is going to risk anything beyond PG-13 with this franchise.

im sorry i cant get past shankars pretentiousness, and "look at me, im special" style with his stupid eye makeup and x'es on the hands.
makes me want to punch him in the face

It distracted me when I watched him for the first time back in early 2014. But now it's doesn't even catch my attention as I have come to realize it's part of his persona. I am more interested as to what he has to say and what films he produces.

It's a fan film and yes the source material isn't dark but the reasoning for their gritty take is just them imagining how the disturbed adult versions could end up being.

I was a fan as a kid and lost interest as an adult but this is pretty cool. I'm really happy they have different actors than what they had on the series. I'm a little tired of seeing Jason David Franks and his ego

I wasn't a fan of the show when it came on (I was in middle school when the first series began airing), but I definitely like the short. James Van Der Beek was pretty bad-ass in this. I'm surprised he hasn't done more action films (he seems like the kind of person who would have gone to do at least three of them). In fact, I have to rank this as my third favorite performance by him (Number 1 being his role as Sean Bateman, the little brother of American Psycho's Patrick Bateman, in the film adaptation of Bret Easton Ellis' The Rules of Attraction, the second one being his role in a two-part episode of Criminal Minds, where he plays a killer with a split personality, which was the most impressive performance I've seen from a guest star).

First official photo of the new Power Rangers cast.
ovsTCmr.jpg

They look like an American Eagle Outfitters ad.

FaiTlXx.jpg

PyWA8Gq.jpg

7UJ5cps.jpg

5FE42UC.jpg

GFSSceW.jpg

Ya gotta admire Elizabeth Banks's work ethic. Not many stunningly beautiful Hollywood actresses are willing to go full out and make themselves look like a bag of smashed a**holes when a role calls for it.

Guess I have low standards then cuz that's a bag I'd smash...unless you're talking about her career choices, then yes, I agree

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back