Dwalin's Hammer and Axes

TheGeekFoundry

I'm not a regular poster, but I read this forum a lot, and I've never seen anyone make a set of Dwalin's weapons (though I have seen some folks make his axes, Grasper and Keeper), so here are my replicas of Dwalin's hammer and axes (the double-bladed axe in the last pic is just one I did on my own; it's not part of the set).

IMG_0115.jpgIMG_0117.jpgIMG_0131.jpgIMG_0388.JPG

These something you might actually make for others?

Especially in a con-safe format?

I'm having trouble making these on my own.

These something you might actually make for others?

Especially in a con-safe format?

I'm having trouble making these on my own.

I'm hesitant to answer because I'm not supposed to advertise or try to sell anything as a new member, but yes, I can make these for others. I ended up selling the ones in the pictures.

How big is the hammer head itself? I'm trying to make one on my own, and I was wondering because if it's under 8 by 8 by 8 inches, I can 3D print the head of the hammer.

Honestly, I don't have the exact measurements because I eyeballed it. It was just over a foot long, but I don't know the exact measurement in inches.

The face of the hammer head is just under 6.5 inches from top to bottom.
The face of the hammer head is just about 5.25 inches from side to side.
The length of the hammer head from hammerhead to axe-point is roughly 15 inches.

So I'd call the entire head 6.5x5.25x15 at its max. If you include the "metal strips" on the side of the hammer, the side-to-side is juuuust about 6 inches.

I say as I type around the big-ass thing during measurements.

I'm hesitant to answer because I'm not supposed to advertise or try to sell anything as a new member, but yes, I can make these for others. I ended up selling the ones in the pictures.

Well then I'm not trying to get you to sell anything, but I would like to know how much you charged for the hammer when you did sell it, and if you would be willing to make another one, and what it was made out of.

Thanks!

PS: I am currently working on my own design for a custom dwarvish warhammer, but based heavily on Dwalin's.

The face of the hammer head is just under 6.5 inches from top to bottom.
The face of the hammer head is just about 5.25 inches from side to side.
The length of the hammer head from hammerhead to axe-point is roughly 15 inches.

So I'd call the entire head 6.5x5.25x15 at its max. If you include the "metal strips" on the side of the hammer, the side-to-side is juuuust about 6 inches.

I say as I type around the big-ass thing during measurements.

Okay, but how wide/high is the middle part of the hammer? Also, do you know what the angle is on the peen?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back