D/FW Texas Prop Party Feb. 11th 1:00pm

Originally posted by The Dude@Feb 10 2006, 04:49 PM
Could someone PM me directions?

I may be able to make it.
[snapback]1181182[/snapback]​

Ditto...

I am going to try and come, I live down the street, (White Rock area), maybe difficult, our baby came early on monday :D :D :D , going to try to get mother in law to say with wife for a bit. (I guess in-laws can be usefull.)

(Who is your Daddy?) Kell

Originally posted by Funky Jedi@Jan 5 2006, 11:38 PM
Oh my god.  I remember the LAST one.  A better time could not be had.  Evan, you KNOW I'm in.
[snapback]1151649[/snapback]​

Amen to that - 26 hours :confused

See ya there,
Cliff

Cliff's gonna be there? How can I miss that?. ;)

I'm in ... taking off early from work. Won't be there at the start, but will make my usual "casually late" appearance. :) Even convinced my wife to go with me (she's a closet geek). Shhh ....

C-Ya there.

ATM
ShackMan

Well guys, I just got back from the party and it was a blast. I had a great time looking at everyoneÂ’s props, talking shop, and drinking beer. So many nice collections and took some pics:

The first two are shots of wuher_da_brewerÂ’s collection.

[image]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3576/p21101263ej.th.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2659/p21101278uc.th.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8048/p21101253jc.th.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6127/p21101282cs.th.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/887/p21101294my.th.jpg[/image]

Just LMK if anyone needs me to take the photos down.

I had a great time talking to everyone and canÂ’t wait for the next party.

Great party. I don't post really post on RPF, but i met a lot of great people and saw a lot of awesome props. thanks for the great time guys.

In deed: Great party. Eaviii was an excellent host. Thank you again for letting us invade you home and play with your toys. You do have some wonderful toys. I can't wait to take a crack at the Star Fighter game when it's finished.

There were too many incredible pieces to mention them all. I'll be geeking out over this for the next month. I got some great tips for working on my X-Wing helmet project, good leads on raw materials for other projects, and some nice compliments on my 90% complete BSG pistol from the new series taht I picked up on the ASAP boards. I can't wait until next year.

Thanks once again to Eaviii for hosting. Thanks to everyone who showed up and welcomed a noob. We really do have a great community here. :thumbsup

Well my first ever prop party was soooo much fun. I'm definitely in on any and all of these.

Eaviii was an excellent host. I've run into his name before in the arcade collecting world (you can see why from his collection) and it was a real treat to finally thank him in person for all the stuff he does.

All the RPFers were great company, and I wish I coulda stayed longer. Funky Jedi can tell a story....he got some applause from the gallery a couple of times.

Well here's my highlights:

First off Wuher Da Brewer's AWESOME collection of weapons.

And M-Pire's arsenal....that pulse rifle is SWEET.. (and weighs about 4 tons)

And Here's a Pic of Vader1974 and M-Pire chillin with the video games. Vader1974 had some awesome scratchbuilt sabers, but my crap camera ruined the pic. BTW that's not red-eye from the flash in Prop-Maker's eyes....Wuher's collection does that to people.

And here is our gracious host eaviii (left) who has just received a custom saber from Vader1974. (and a friggin Disks of Tron... oh sorry....I'm an arcade collector at heart)

And a highlight for me...my first Boba Fett helmet. Long story short, Funky Jedi wiped his azz with this helmet and gave it to me. Well it seems I am now the victim of the "Funky Jedi Newbie Challenge". Look for a new post on a newbie's quest to turn a helmet into something nice....can anyone tell me how to get the smell of Funky's rear off this thing? and I didn't get a pic at the party, but here it is as soon as I got home.

and BTW turns out my toddler was mad I took his saber to show you guys (yes my kid has more props than me). Here he is lecturing me on not taking his toys :D

I want to thank everybody for making a newb feel welcome

Muttley
(Neil)

Neil, you're too funny. I don't think bleach will even remove the "funky" smell from that helmet now. :eek:

It was great meeting the newbies and hanging out with the oldies (except for Funky :p )....I had a blast. Thanks to Evan for giving me a shout.

Thanks to our gracious host for all the food and beer and video games we could handle....and what an awesome collection. :thumbsup

And thanks to everyone who's posting pics.

Ciao,
Cliff

Thanks to our gracious host (Estil). I know that everyone who attended had a great time. The venue was outstanding as everyone has already stated. Food, Beer, Props, and Video Games what else could we need. Here are a couple pics from the party. If anyone needs bigger pics just PM me with your email address.

[attachmentid=6571]
[attachmentid=6572]
[attachmentid=6573]
[attachmentid=6574]
[attachmentid=6575]
[attachmentid=6576]
[attachmentid=6577]
[attachmentid=6579]
[attachmentid=6578]

Here are a couple pics of my 4 yr olds Fett costume. Someone wanted to see the whole costume.
[attachmentid=6580]
[attachmentid=6581]
Thanks
Brian

Originally posted by vader1974@Feb 12 2006, 03:17 PM
Here are a couple pics of my 4 yr olds Fett costume.  Someone wanted to see the whole costume.
[attachmentid=6580]

Thanks
Brian
[snapback]1182593[/snapback]​

Brian, that is awesome. Best mini-Fett I've ever seen. In fact, it's better than some full grown Fetts I've seen :lol How do you ever get him out of it? I know if I had a Star Wars costume that cool when I was 4, I would have never taken it off.

Thanks for sharing,
David

Estil ,Thanks for hosting the party. Your collection is off the hook. I am still in awe of your b9 robot. :love It was great getting to meet you guys. Cant wait til the next one.

Kell

Brian...OMG.. your kid's Fett costume RULES... dangit...I got 8 months until halloween..ya think I can get one done? PM me details on it if ya can. I'm gonna start scouring thdentedhelmet.

Kell, that's too funny. I heard you ask for someone to take a picture wih you and B9 "so I can show my wife why we need one". I had a chuckle at that one, cause I said the same thing to my wife about these guys...

mutt

Muttley, if you have kids( my wife gave birth on monday) the best thing you could do is tell your wife that the ms3000 guys would look great in the kids room, Ive used lines like this to get several MR lightsabers, because everyone knows you cant play lightsabers with just one.

I am trying to convince my wife to let me build a r2d2, because, hey my kid would be the only kid on the block with one...

Kell

The only words that could describe Estil's house and collection ... "HOLY $^%#^#." ;)

First off, I'd like to thank all those who have hosted prop parties in the past. ALL of them were great successes, which is why I (and others) keep attending and looking forward to future get-togethers. Many great memories over the past 6 years or so for me. With that said, Estil has definitely raised the bar, and I can't thank him enough for being such a gracious host. I agree with Armando ... you should charge admission into your sci-fi museum.

Thanks again for such an awesome get-together. One where my wife and kids could roam around for 4+ hourse and never once say "I'm bored" or "Is it time to go yet?" :) We had to tell the kids it was time to leave.

And my favorite? Hmmm ... hard to say, but the remote controlled Gort would probably take the prize. :)

ATM
ShackMan

P.S. Come on guys. Post more pics. Some poor fools (such as myself) forgot our cameras. :(

Thanks for the kind words guys- It was absolutely my pleasure to host- I love seeing everybody and spending a day talking props- People brought some amazing stuff ( Evan's stuff comes to mind as well as Armando's smart gun) and I hope a few projects were born (I hope a working Dejarik table of sorts may evolve and a Dr. Theopolis maybe)- Thanks to everybody who travelled in and helped/brought stuff as well as the newbies who attended- Thanks also to Brian (Vader1974) for my FIRST saber (cool.).

Anyway, I had a fantastic time hosting and can't say enough what an amazing community this is-

Estil
(Doc)

I'd like to echo what others have already said. Shackman was more than right when he said all the prop parties attended over the years have been great. The people, the props, putting faces to names, and sharing our passion for the hobby; it's just so much fun. Those that attended a prop party for the first time, I hope to see again in the future with more prop goods in tow. Those whom I've developed a friendship with over the years, its great to see you again.

Estil, thank you. It was such a fun time. The vast diversity of your prop collection continues to astound me.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back