D/FW Texas Prop Party Feb. 11th 1:00pm

Hey Guys,

Can newbies attend? I've got some friends that collect props also. It would be cool if we all could be there. Let me know, send me a PM with details..

Thanks JC

I'm not the host this year, but I imagine it bears saying, props aren't necessary to attend. If you have props to show, by all means bring them. Newbies are welcome.

To resonate what Wuhrer said- Newbies are most welcome and you need not bring a prop to attend-

People have asked where it is located- I am within a few blocks of 75N (Central) and Mockingbird Ln. in Dallas- From 75N, you would go West on Mockingbird- If you were coming via the toll road, you would go East on Mockingbird- This should hopefully give you a general sense of location- Please PM me for specific directions to the address- Look forward to seeing everybody- I will probably have pizza, beverages, and such but goodies are welcome- Giveaway items are a cool idea but are in no way necessary (I may even have a few items myself to throw into the mix)

Doc

Any idea how late the party will run? I'm planning on attending, but it depends on how late everyone will be around (since I have to work that day).

ATM
ShackMan

I'm looking at air-fares, now and it's all good for me (I'll be flying 'cause I can't drive). Basically, I'll be arriving in the morning and leaving the next day. But I've gotta know a few things before I commit to buyin' a ticket. How far is the par-tay from the aero-puerto? I'll be taking a cab and am curious to know what the bad-news is gonna be. Thanks,
PM.

It is indeed about a 20 minute drive to the airport- The party will go until 7PM or so then I figured we might go grab dinner- What time do you fly in?

Doc

I'll be arriving in the morning, from Corpus Christi. Roughly around a quarter past 09:00 A.M. Seems silly to fly such a short distance, but I wouldn't be able to make it any other way (plus, I love to fly). I've gotten two offers to pick me up from the 'port, so I think my transportation's pretty much covered. Which is so awesome, by the way. Thanks, guys. The RPF is filled with so many great people. I can't wait to meet you all (some I'll be seeing for the second time). I, unfortunately, won't be bringing any props. But there will be plenty of pictures.

- EDIT -
Strike my last... I'll be bringing two props. Since they're practical, useful props that I can take everywhere with me... I'll have them, regardless. But I won't say what they are... it's a surprise. :D Still plenty of pictures, though.

If you're in TX, then I take it you're flying into Love field. That wouldn't be too expensive of a trip anyway as it's much closer than DFW.

Unfortunately, I'll be flying into DFW, as American (the airline I'm taking) doesn't fly into Love Field. :unsure But, transportation's settled, so now I can relax. :D

I'm SOOO In... I just have a few things to say, 1. I don't officically have any props completed, though i'm working on a proton pack and have most the stuff for it. 2. I work from 1-5, do these parties usually go on for a while?? I would really love to make it for at least a little bit, just to meet you guys.. I work at the Fry's Electronics in Plano if anybody is curious. I'm sure some if not most of you Dallas-ites out there know where I'm talking about. It's fairly new. Anyways, I play the piano out there from 1-5 on Saturday's. Some of the time i'm playing Ghostbuster Themes, which, by the way, I made a little video of playing some of the themes on my out of tune piano and posted it on GBprops. Here it is for any of you who haven't seen it:

http://www.zippyvideos.com/783946057326974...stbustersthemes

Anyways, Let me know guys what I could do? I look forward to this very, very much...

-Thiago /,':()P

Originally posted by GBFreek83@Feb 1 2006, 04:11 AM
Some of the time i'm playing Ghostbuster Themes, which, by the way, I made a little video of playing some of the themes on my out of tune piano and posted it on GBprops. Here it is for any of you who haven't seen it:
[snapback]1173139[/snapback]​

Dude, you frakkin' OWN that piano. Just listening to that makes me want to buy "Ghostbusters" and watch it. I can't believe I haven't bought it, yet. :D My favorite is the track you were playing right after the main theme. Was that your girlfriend/wife that was helping you on that? Also, I love your dog's contribution towards the end, there.

GBFreak...you got skillz :D

The piano in the Fry's in Irving always gets my wife wanting one.

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone. I've just got good intentions as far as props go. I want to learn how to sculpt and cast (I want a Han in carbonite) but that's way far in the future.

Neil

I'm sorry I won't be able to make it. One of my other managers in on vacation next week and I have to work 2:00 to close next Saturday.

Have fun, and share pics with us bums who couldn't make it. :unsure

Originally posted by GBFreek83@Jan 31 2006, 11:11 PM
I'm SOOO In... I just have a few things to say, 1.  I don't officically have any props completed, though i'm working on a proton pack and have most the stuff for it.  2.  I work from 1-5, do these parties usually go on for a while??  I would really love to make it for at least a little bit, just to meet you guys..  I work at the Fry's Electronics in Plano if anybody is curious.  I'm sure some if not most of you Dallas-ites out there know where I'm talking about.  It's fairly new.  Anyways, I play the piano out there from 1-5 on Saturday's.  Some of the time i'm playing Ghostbuster Themes, which, by the way, I made a little video of playing some of the themes on my out of tune piano and posted it on GBprops.  Here it is for any of you who haven't seen it:

http://www.zippyvideos.com/783946057326974...stbustersthemes

Anyways, Let me know guys what I could do?  I look forward to this very, very much...

-Thiago  /,':()P
[snapback]1173139[/snapback]​

That's great. That's real talent. Are thos your own arrangements, or did you find them somewhere?

Does anybody coming have an extra single point scope for the Rebel Fleet Trooper blaster and a scope for the E-11 for sale? Resin casts are fine. Thanks.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back